Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 23, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 04/23/2016 at 7:17:41 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 23, 16 3:32 AM
I cannot download the game, game mananger does not even come up to even try..
Been trying for over an hour now.

Windows 7 home premium 64 bits

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 23, 16 3:44 AM
Hello shelterhill,

My PC occasionally does this and I found that rebooting my PC will cure it.
It is like something inside my PC does not "wakeup" when everything else does after being in standby mode for a while. Maybe the something is in my GM/App!

I am running W7 64 bit Prem home Ed.

Just a thought.

BK

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 23, 16 3:55 AM
shelterhill wrote:I cannot download the game, game mananger does not even come up to even try..
Been trying for over an hour now.

Click on help at the top right of BFG.
Look at games and installation and find reinstall BFG. App (Game Manager).
Click onto it and find Windows 7 and click onto that.
Follow the instructions to uninstall and reinstall.
Click onto Download BFG. App.
This is what I do when I have download problems and it seems to work for me.
Hope this helps. Jan. ))

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Apr 23, 16 4:03 AM
I have this problem sometimes too. I log out and log back in and the BF GM comes back up. I have Windows 7 64 bit.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 23, 16 4:31 AM
BearKat wrote:Hello shelterhill,

My PC occasionally does this and I found that rebooting my PC will cure it.
It is like something inside my PC does not "wakeup" when everything else does after being in standby mode for a while. Maybe the something is in my GM/App!

I am running W7 64 bit Prem home Ed.

Just a thought.

BK

Yes, thank you, this helped, it's downloading now, finally!!
Thanks for the help!!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 23, 16 4:55 AM
snipped by me for brevity...
shelterhill wrote:
Yes, thank you, this helped, it's downloading now, finally!!
Thanks for the help!!

You are most welcome
Happy Gaming,
BK

[Post New]by RichG21 on Apr 23, 16 6:45 AM
Stuck in the bonus game, zoomed into the sick guy in the first scene a second time and cant get away from that scene ! No back icon at screen bottom and no exit icon in top right corner - all I can do is go back into the menus and even after restarting I still end up trapped in that scene !!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 23, 16 7:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Krypsyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Krypsyn on Apr 23, 16 8:24 AM
Just purchased and downloaded game, download went okay. Stuck on beginning of game at the shelter (second scene) with no way to move forward. Have used hint button and all it says is to move on ... strategy guide only says to move forward but there is no path to move forward to! Cursor does not indicate ability to move forward, all I can do is zoom in on snow mobile, to which I do not have all the parts ... because I can't move to the next scene/frame! This is the first time that I've ever experienced an issue so early on in a game .... I did purchase before even trying it as I've played all others in the series and I figured I'd like this one too. I'm definitely disappointed that I can't even get past the beginning of the game!

**** UPDATE *****

I reopened the game and received an error message that my profile was corrupted and deleted. Started over with a new profile and have been able to play without difficulty so far.

Edited on 04/23/2016 at 9:14:52 AM PST

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Apr 23, 16 5:17 PM
RichG21 wrote:Stuck in the bonus game, zoomed into the sick guy in the first scene a second time and cant get away from that scene ! No back icon at screen bottom and no exit icon in top right corner - all I can do is go back into the menus and even after restarting I still end up trapped in that scene !!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

I'm having the same issue. I cannot back away from the sick man no matter what I try. I'm running Win 7 64 bit on a Lenovo E520.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Apr 24, 16 1:58 AM
RichG21 wrote:Stuck in the bonus game, zoomed into the sick guy in the first scene a second time and cant get away from that scene ! No back icon at screen bottom and no exit icon in top right corner - all I can do is go back into the menus and even after restarting I still end up trapped in that scene !!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

Same here. Same platform too.

[Post New]by Rollina on Apr 24, 16 6:08 AM
Windows 10 64 bit

same for me, windows 10. disappointed...

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Apr 24, 16 7:06 AM
Windows 10 64 bit

Me too, Disappointing. How about a fix, BFG?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Apr 24, 16 9:37 AM
I'm still in the main game - and on top I have black box from side to side saying "well at least I gave it a try" Can't get rid of it and it's interfering with the puzzle I'm doing, can't see the top of the puzzle. I closed the game, reopened it an hour later and still that banner is still there. Very frustrating as the other game I purchased with the 2for1 sale has an access violation. Now I can't play either game. Why bother!!!!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by homgranny on Apr 24, 16 9:58 AM
AussieMoo wrote:
Windows 10 64 bit

Me too, Disappointing. How about a fix, BFG?

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Apr 24, 16 12:02 PM
Two technical issues: one is interfering with gameplay, the other is preventing me from continuing the game.

1. The black bar "helpful messages" don't turn off and end up covering up necessary portions of the screen, especially during HO scenes and mini-games.

2. In the Hall of Mirrors, the mini-game where there's a circle of concentric rings and a bunch of dots, and you have to place the pink curved lines on the circle to cover all dots without overlapping any, I can't rotate any of the lines. The puzzle is, therefore, unsolvable and I can't go any further in the game.

Really, this is more than annoying. I'm playing on the latest stable Mac operating system (10.11.3) with 16 GB of RAM and a 2.5 GHz chip. There's absolutely no reason for these technical bugs except for the greed of the developer in releasing games without debugging them on the operating systems for which they're recommended.

And the solution that is almost always given is to uninstall/reinstall the game, delete your game profile, check your Flash/Java, etc. In other words, blame your customers and leave us stuck with the hassle of dealing with a solution, after we've already spent money on an inferior product. (By the way, most of us are computer savvy and keep everything updated. None of those solutions ever work.) Meanwhile, most of the time, the developer never bothers to fix the problem; they're too busy on another game to bother with building a patch when our money's already in their bank account.

I'm beyond irritated at this continuing and repeated situation with game after game. It shows a lot of disrespect for the people you take money from, whom you expect to continue to spend money.

lbtgam222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Serious Bugs in this Eipix game! I'm Shocked!

[Post New]by lbtgam222 on Apr 24, 16 1:47 PM
I am having the same issues as others in the bonus game, however I can't even get that far. When I save the dude at the end with the tiles I have no actions available. I can't give him the Morphing Artifact, I can't move back, no map, guide or movement allowed! I can't believe such a bug exists in an Eipix game!

I am also having issues with the black box comments not disappearing which do effect the game play.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED EIPIX!

Windows 10

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 24, 16 10:21 PM
Map settings do not work in Bonus game. I've also had 2 crashes during the Bonus. Win 7 Pro.

Bonus Game glitch

[Post New]by OhioCrazyCatLady on Apr 25, 16 6:35 PM
I just started the bonus game and talked with the sick man. Did a few other things and clicked on the sick man again. Now I am stuck. There is no down arrow to go back out, no X to press, and hint just says I better be moving on or something like that.

Go to: