Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 23, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/23/2016 at 7:17:52 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 23, 16 4:18 AM
Typical Eipix fare; nice enough if you like that sort of thing. I find their games bland and uninteresting of late; too many series that are becoming hard to distinguish from each other. And what's with all the 'blinking' in games lately? Every game that comes out seems to have someone who gets knocked out, drugged or crashes in some form of transport. Then we get the 'coming round, where am I?' part with the eyes opening/closing/opening. Another example of one developers idea being over-used by all the others. I'm really starting to hate it Still at least the 'helper' in every game seems to have run its course....at last.

If you like Eipix games then no doubt this will be right up your street. The graphics are always excellent; set in a 'never ending winter' it's mostly blues/whites and definitely makes you feel cold. HOS are the usual Eipix style with a bubble-popper alternative. The mini-games were very good; some quite tricky and satisfying to complete. They were the best part of the game for me.

Collectibles are 'signs' but what they are signs of is anyone's guess. They're round and sometimes hard to see. The map transports and there are 4 modes of play inc. custom.

I beta tested this fairly recently and wasn't impressed then. It's just too same-y with too many gadgets to put together. If you like assembling things, you'll love this game. I didn't come across a missing zipper-pull but I wouldn't mind betting there's one somewhere in this game

Nothing here to get excited about. I loved the first Amaranthine Voyage but this one is a disappointment. Time Eipix retired this series and came up with something new. Not a buy for me....but at least I gave it a shot

No issues with the d/l or demo, which lasted 59 mins for me. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 23, 16 7:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Apr 23, 16 10:22 AM
Lasted about 15 minutes, then decided I didn't really care enough to continue
Like angelfish 106 I really dislike the "blinky" thing, and that was a kind of instant turn off. Plus, snowy scenes as we are coming into summer seemed a little bit odd to me, I don't expect the devs to tailor their games to the seasons, obviously, but all that blizzard stuff may be more for the winter? Just an observation

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 23, 16 3:50 PM
I agree with Angelfish. There's no story and too many cuts scenes. It's a no buy for me.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 23, 16 4:13 PM
Agree with Angelfish, too. No bad game but too many cutscenes and not too much game.
And: a winter themed game in spring, when everybody is hungry for sun and warmth - no good timing!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 23, 16 4:48 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #6 in this series. I found that the graphics were quite well done, very clear. Colors were true and animation was very nice, with cold breath and all. Game play was excellent, as usual. Voice overs were well done, age and character appropriate and actually showed emotion, e.g., fear, excitement, etc. You can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak most of the time, but some areas you were stuck listening to the entire conversation. Would be nice if they did one or the other. Sound FX are extremely well done. Just hearing the icy wind made me feel cold. Music was so unobtrusive that I didn't really hear it, just sound FX.

HOPs were a nice combination of interactive silhouettes, standard lists, and one with nothing but morphing items. There is a morphing object in the HOPs, so be on the lookout, as it is not as easy to see as you may think. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can play the bubble popper game. The scenes were fairly clean and clear and items were not difficult to find. Mini games were mostly simple, but I did run across one that took me quite some time and frustration to complete. Hint system is helpful, but there is no transport in this game. The jump map is all you get, but the areas are well identified with active objectives, so you either use the jump map or just keep clicking the back button until you get to your location. You do a lot of back tracking in this game, so I would recommend the map.

The only collectibles I found were 42 signs that, to me, looked like an odd shaped, rusty Saturn planet. They don't jump off the page at you, but they aren't difficult to find either. Other than that, we just have the 12 morphing items in the HOPs. Somewhat disappointing.

When I beta tested this one, I found it to be a bit boring and did not score it very highly. It would seem that the devs read the suggestions and made a couple of changes. However, not enough to make this game different or challenging. The story wasn't bad, but predictable, as are most of the games these days. Please devs, I am so tired of the sleepy, blinking eye! Again, this would make a nice lazy day game, but I'm not sure it is CE worthy, even with the 2-4-1 sale. I will recommend this game for beginners and for those of us who just want to play a game or need one to use for the special. For me, I'll put this one in my puddle and give the SE version a try and see if I like it better. I find that frequently, the CE makes a much better SE and save myself a little money.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the review.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Apr 24, 16 3:24 AM
I'm with everyone else here: The blinking is getting on my nerves big time!
The games from this developer are coming all from the same mold. Collectibles are useless, achievements are always the same, Souvenir room is boring.
I agree with angelfish 100%.
No buy for me.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Apr 24, 16 5:30 AM
Even after reading the reviews, I decided to try the game, as I hadn't played an EIPIX game in a while. I lasted about 20 minutes. I wish EIPIX would go back to the way they used to make games.

[Post New]by sammie1212 on Apr 24, 16 10:28 AM
Too, too many cut scenes which interfere with the flow of the game.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 24, 16 5:15 PM
I thought it started out very promising. However, the longer I played the trial the stranger and stranger the story got. By the end it seemed like the developers were making it up as they went. Too bad because it has everything else. Near the end of the trial I lost interest, and I'll pass on this one.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Apr 27, 16 1:06 PM
I love Eipix, but hate it now that they put the stupid morphing objects in the HOs

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Apr 27, 16 7:26 PM
I'm....like not feeling the story, what is going on? Never mind.

Waited an eternity for that final object to morph, then hit "hint" and "exit" in that order.

I want to like these slick, well produced games, but I can't connect, as usual.

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 28, 16 3:14 PM
I bought this game, that was my first mistake. Being determined to finish it was my next mistake. Things in HO were so blurred and some did not even look like what you were looking for. Further in the game I got, the more lost I was. Had no idea what I was suppose to do next. I was real disappointed in this game. Will think long and hard before I buy another of their games.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 30, 16 8:15 PM
I'm with all of you. Game was so boring, I could not wait to finish it. I did not want to quit, but was so happy and relieved when it was over. Sorry, I wish I could have given it a good review, but not a chance!

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jun 3, 16 5:18 PM
I bought this game on sale. have to say, one of the worst of this series.

[Post New]by rosalie1943 on Jul 13, 16 12:53 PM
I am sooooo stuck on a scene in this game. The one with the player keys. I tap on the keys over and over trying to free the see no evil monkey but can never succeed in accomplishing a thing! Frustrating game.

Go to: