Game won't run - Java issue

[Post New]by DocScully on Jan 3, 10 5:26 PM
Everytime I try to start the game it says that I don't have Java installed - but I have! A dialog box opens wich sends me to the Java page wich confirms I have the latest Java version installed ("You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 17"). The game won't start anyways!

Any tips what the problem might be?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Game won't run - Java issue

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 28, 10 6:55 PM
DocScully wrote:Everytime I try to start the game it says that I don't have Java installed - but I have! A dialog box opens wich sends me to the Java page wich confirms I have the latest Java version installed ("You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 17"). The game won't start anyways!

Any tips what the problem might be?

I mentioned this to CS via Live Chat yesterday,because this was exactly the same message I would get from the Pogo game site after playing there for years,and about the same time my two Liong games stopped working,so they sent me a link to download Java which the newest version is 6/18 and I learned something new,we must disable our Firewall before installing! I did this and after the download and restarting my PC I re-enabled my Firewall then went back to the Java download page that I had saved in my Computer info folder and verified that I did indeed have Java installed and I just clicked on my Liong games that haven't worked in months and they are both working now! I am so happy because I love these two games because they are so unique and I know of nothing similar to them.

Edited on 01/28/2010 at 7:41:38 PM PST

jetj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Game won't run - Java issue

[Post New]by jetj on Aug 26, 12 7:58 PM
game won't run-java installment problem.

Go to: