Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

Rasputins Curse

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Jan 4, 10 12:59 AM
Has anyone played Rasputins Curse yet? And what did you think about it?

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Rasputins Curse

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jan 4, 10 1:01 AM
i have not heard of the game, but i will check it out...thanks

found it..just d/l now

Edited on 01/04/2010 at 1:03:37 AM PST

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Jan 4, 10 1:43 AM
another suprice for me was
Penny Dreadfuls Sweeney Todd SE

I hope they both come to in the near future

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 4, 10 3:15 AM
Downloaded demo - did not run properly on my system, which is to say background graphics and cut scenes did not load properly so in H. O. scenes the objects were clear and in proper size and the background was like it was zoomed out and gray. Made finding the objects mighty easy... I am not faulting the game for this, I have and older system and they are no longer doing driver updates for my video card. I imagine this will become an ongoing problem until my plan to get a new system this Spring.

That said the game seemed nothing new or terribly special. I would have liked to see the graphics properly and I enjoyed the music. Minis were pretty standard and some minimal interactivity (key to a lock, ladder to a tree). The story was somewhat interesting but I quit after a bit since it wasn't really functioning as a game for me.

If gets this I'll give it another go in hopes of friendlier graphics but not on edge of my seat in hopes.

Edited on 01/04/2010 at 3:16:00 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 4, 10 3:26 AM
I tried it too. Very beautiful to look at, but not a great game. Some tasks were very obscure and so were some of the items!

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Jan 4, 10 4:40 AM
I played it all the way through. Yes, I purchased it from another place (hanging head in shame). It didn't last much past the hour demo , maybe another 30 minutes. It left it open for a sequal, but I wont go into specfics so as not to give to much away.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 15, 10 11:37 PM
Wow. You play fast, Mrs Skippy! I got as far as her hotel room in St. Petersburg in the hour. I know there HAS to be quite a bit more!

Pros: Very nice soundtrack! Very immersive storyline. Unlimited hints that recharge quickly. (I needed them for some of the tiny items.) Decent - but not great - graphics. Scenes not too dark as far as I got. No timer. Skip option on minis.

Cons: Some items are TINY. This is pretty much a junkpile hog, with little in the way of interaction or minigames. Now this is a con for me, but could be a pro if you happen to like your HOGs straight up.

SL had this for 20 bucks when it came out, and now the price is down to $7, so maybe it will show up here soon. On the fence about buying, since I'm not that into straight HOGs, but I'm really into the story... hmmm.

Edited on 01/15/2010 at 11:38:57 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 16, 10 12:14 AM
I had the same graphics problems as Poodle - and these are the same problems I had with the Mishap beta but the developers fixed it before release - it was due to my graphics chip but they were able to program the game to work.

Rasputin needs same fix by the look of it.

[Post New]by drooby on Dec 23, 10 6:26 AM
hi...

this has got to be the worst game i have ever played.total rubbish! it wasn't worth the time it took to download

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 23, 10 11:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to pop in to say that I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to the Rasputin's Curse game Forum to keep all comments and questions for the game together. But not to worry, it will also stay visible in the Chit-Chat Corner.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Go to: