APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Help?

[Post New]by APFamily on Sep 28, 08 4:35 AM
I'm not doing very well at this game. I've done about 3 magazine covers and my popularity is about average. Does it matter which color you use for the background? What are "flat top shoes"?

Thanks!
Maggie

Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Help?

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Sep 28, 08 5:38 AM
I can't figure out the flat top shoes either lol.

What i do is when they mention the colors, I base my outfit off that then use one of the colors for the background.

Has anyone figured out how to upgrade to the second building?

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Sep 28, 08 7:41 AM
This is why many along with myself don't like this game it seems like no matter what you do, the outcome is always the same you cannot get a head and there are no clear instructions in how to make your cover work and make you money. I hate this game.

GizzyOne
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by GizzyOne on Sep 28, 08 8:08 AM
I haven't managed the second building yet either; I did start a new game under a different avatar so that I could remind myself how I got the first building; I went to the estate agent and there it was, the only building that wasn't greyed out. Now when I go to the estate agent they are all greyed out - I suppose I need more money to be able to rent it. But I can't seem to seer to make any more. How much are you all charging for your magazine? I've varied between 6 and 9 and sometimes I think I've been charging too much and that's why I end up with nothing to spend that month.

I HATE this model now, with her skinny legs, most of the skirts and the boots just look wrong on her.

Does anyone know if whatever you choose to put on the model actually affects how much you make that month? Or is it just an excuse for doll-dressing?

Apart from that... :op

[Post New]by bratzs on Sep 28, 08 8:43 AM
hi

Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Sep 28, 08 12:26 PM
I sell my mag for $4 and have bought every single piece of clothes, shoes, accessory from every shop hoping that would open up the second building but still nothing. I have gone on 2 trips, Paris was one and Berlin, but I bought everything you could buy there. Now I feel like I am just waiting for that second building for the game to go on. It's very repetitive and simple and I find myself skimming the newsletter for the 4 things you must do to get a good review. So totally lame. I regret that I bought this game, I expected more.

I am now sitting on over 100k and still no second building.

I tried removing all the people from their jobs to see if maybe then I could hire new people or maybe that would highlight the second building, but it doesn't

Ugh, I am so fed up with this game..

Edited on 09/28/2008 at 1:04:29 PM PST

Sekynndora
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Sekynndora on Sep 29, 08 7:45 AM
Just got to the 3rd building , it's at $500, 000. So far it's been fun. I have gotten all of the clothes on the trips, but I don't think that the amount of clothes you have count toward your objectives anymore.

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Sep 30, 08 11:51 PM
The purpose of the game is "Flashdoll" from a trend started by "Liisa's Paper Dolls" that was bought out & became "Stardoll."

The genre of the game is basicly just flash-based paper dolls. They're very popular online. This is actualy the only fashion-related game I even like on this site.

Urumi
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Urumi on Nov 22, 08 9:23 AM
Hi pond,

i guess flat top shoe could be liken to wedges which are very cool to wear during summer time.

Edited on 11/22/2008 at 9:23:43 AM PST

Go to: