sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

I owe an apology and seek advice

[Post New]by sewfancy on Apr 26, 16 4:38 PM
Please bare with me this might long blog.

I haven't been gifting all my friends during SE . This might sound selfish I wanted to accomlish all the events of SE . So I accepted everyone to be able to do spring terrace get aviator egg hunter (about 150) some of you drop me because yor goal was reach or I didn't gift back. That is okay by me. I wanted everyone reach either getting stargazer or bigger goal of egg hunter Somedays I 'm brain dead I been trying to gift my friends by alphabet that hasn't work. How do the rest of you keep track of gifting

Would like others thoughts . I love MC I know MC should get more challenging as we go along

Just before Christmas I was so proud I was able accomplish all the achievement board
Now some of the accomplishment harder to reach.Just some of the accomplishments I could remember.
1. Tourement wrestlers and kitty hard for me because I don't find objects fast enough
2. 50,000 shards for middle award don't want know to last award
3. Red stamps are very hard to get
4. 3 4 10 achievements and no. To get the awards

Some of these might take me a couple of years to get
This is just a thought maybe why some of friends quick the game

Just was wondering how everyone else feels about our achievement board .

I be the first one to give each everyone praise for what they get and accomplish

This is just my thoughts and feelings was just wondering how others feel

Re:I owe an apology and seek advice

[Post New]by walkingstar on Apr 26, 16 5:07 PM
Hi..What I do is keep my gift list in my mind...what mind some might ask..fair point. I had Almost 170. Gift everyday 15. When I gift someone I will give them the biggest bestest thing on their list [if I have It or can buy it.]-Blood Lotus's are inexpensive when you think how hard they are to get. If I have More than one crafted item I'll send that..etc. that holds them for awhile..I Never expect anything back. It is a gift..not a trade or swap. I'm on level 71 now so it's easier with my 4 Dragons. Good Gaming.. and never give up. x Qatwar-Q's for Queen.

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Apr 26, 16 5:20 PM
I keep a list. When I get a gift, I write it down and return it. Most of my friends exchange gifts everyday and the others every other day. I keep my list fairly small, about 25 or so. As people drop out I add another to replace them. Again most of us are on level 71 so we swap stamps but I do like the idea of being able to buy a gift with coins or diamonds.

As for the achievements, I hardly even think about it. Some I do try to get, the one's with the cute pets but most of them, I'll get when I get them. I find it too stressful and I play for the enjoyment of the game not the achievements. But more power to the ones that have the commitment to get them, my hats off to them. Just one more thing, I just got one for pet medallions I forgot that it was even one of them but quite pleased to receive the diamonds and I will pat myself on the back when I'm done typing.

Happy gaming. Penny A 2

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 26, 16 5:42 PM
I keep a spread sheet and gift the max 15 each day. I don't track items just date gifted and date received unless I get something special. Then I try to reciprocate in kind....or gift the best gifts I can for days in a row to that person.
Because of the event and wanting to help others as well, my established list of friends have been getting gifts about every 4 days or so. That will change and go back to normal and more frequent gifting once the event is over and things go back to normal.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 26, 16 6:17 PM
I also keep a spreadsheet not of the items, but just dates received and sent. Through the years, my list has been pared way down by players quitting, so I have room every now and then to add a new player.

Hopefully, your friends didn't delete you because of gifting. With the spring event, I've added so many friends, I'm not sure even a rocket scientist could make sense of my list. I am doing the best I can and know my friends understand if I make an error and forget someone. I've been making a special effort to hit all three gifting times, although usually I only manage two.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 26, 16 8:18 PM
I outlined this in a different thread, but here's my brutally simple method. I keep my friends list small (45-55), and I go through it alphabetically, picking up where I left off last time. I don't keep track of "who gave what"; I just open the next alphabetical player's card, and if they have something on their list that I have and can spare, I gift it. If I have to skip the person that time, I wait until their name comes around again. Having a small friends list helps keep that a small wait. I will admit that I sometimes have to skip over people multiple times if they have a "difficult" wish list. No help for it, and I hope they understand.

I do keep a rough running count in my head of the last time someone gifted me. If it's been a while, and their gift list and level haven't changed, I will drop them eventually.

Hope this helps.

Astra

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Apr 26, 16 8:22 PM
Sew fancy I wouldn't worry about not gifting as often. I know I have gotten behind in my gifting also. I added a lot of friends and though I did not expect gifts the SE friends sent them so I am trying to get everyone gifted back. Some of the SE friends are saying it's ok to delete them and I am honoring that.

I keep a spread sheet also three weeks at a time in alphabetical order so it's easier to go through the list. ( my cdo kicked in -- I know but it should be alphabetical!!)

I don't get upset with the way anyone gifts me. I enjoy being able to help others. You have been a good gifter to me and I appreciate that.

I would bet that everyone's gift giving got a little out of order with the spring event.

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by lizziefin on Apr 27, 16 12:39 AM
I have only 15 friends, then it's easy peasy, unless I oversleep! During the SE, I have occasionally gifted a low level temporary friend when one of my long term friends has no list up. I have expected nothing in return!

iwik1
Herring
Herring
382 Posts

[Post New]by iwik1 on Apr 27, 16 1:06 AM
Gift 15 per day and keep a sort of list showing players name and date received. I do keep a record of the item if it is something really SPECIAL or if it is an item on swap.

I must admit that for me when it comes to special event times things really seem to go awry and I'm talking BIG time.

I hope my true friends are okay with this as I believe that they know I do the best I can and I will eventually catch up. (There is always the PM avenue)

Look forward to seeing you all in the castle and please remember it is a game with the added bonus of meeting some great people.

PS: If anyone out there has figured out a way to keep everyone happy with only being able to gift a maximum of 15 per day (especially in event time) please, please, please let me know. Promise I will keep it a secret.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 27, 16 1:15 AM
I take a photo of who has gifted me with my phone.
That way I can go through and return gifts.
I therefore have a core group of people I gift pretty much every day. (although I have been playing less recently and so not in the Castle every day)
For me I prefer to gift long term friends.
I have the wand up as an option on my list as it is a low energy item, although I just noticed it sells for 75 coins which is nothing to be sniffed at.

Tournament is more about the chips than the speed, 4 decent spins will make even a low score a winner, just play as often as you can and cross your fingers - well, don't cross them whilst you are clicking of course
Red (unique) stamps - stamp swapping with friends is the only way to edge closer to this achievement.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 27, 16 3:35 AM
I have kept a spreadsheet from the beginning when we all had heaps of friends and could only gift 5 friends per day.

My list is kept in order that I received friends and I try to keep to that where possible.

Like White Butterfly, I have added heaps of friends to my two games and some of them have gifted me, which I appreciate, even though I did not expect it.

I have a huge backlog of people to gift due to this spring event and hope that people will hang in there until I get back to them all.

All Special Event friends are welcome to stay until the next event

Trixie Belle and Cattiepuss01 revived.

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Apr 27, 16 5:20 AM
I rely on supply, demand, and name recognition. If I recognize someone as giving me gifts pretty regularly, I make sure I give to them. Otherwise, it's pure "what do they want that I have?"

I'm not going to keep a spreadsheet because that makes it feel like work.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Apr 27, 16 6:07 AM
I'm highly disorganised (as my PM inbox/outbox will reveal) so I keep a small number of friends 15/16 that way I can remember who I missed the previous day as I only catch two gifting slots, however this SE has well and truly fuddled my brain with 87 friends, so apologies to my regular friends if I have neglected any of you and I truly try not to.

I see enough spread sheets at work so the last thing I need at home is more of the same, so I have been jotting names down on the back of envelopes then run around like crazy trying to find the said envelopes. I always keep things in safe places, so safe that I can rarely find them until they're not needed Any complaints please PM me as one day i'll empty all messages ready to start again

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on Apr 27, 16 12:27 PM
Thank you all for you respond. It helps playing this game how others play it. Good luck to all.

LLarkspur
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by LLarkspur on Apr 27, 16 12:27 PM
My memory is awful, so I have to write everything down. I have a pretty simple way to keep track with a lined notebook . Each page list a friend in alphabetical order. I make columns on each page with a S for sent and R for received. Then I just date each line when I send or receive with my own abbreviation of what the item was. Like a star for a HOS item, S for stamp, A for airship item, F for food, and so on.

I also write down each friends ID number on their page along with the level they are playing on. This way I can keep track if they are moving along in the game or if they dropped out.

Sheri5823
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Sheri5823 on Apr 27, 16 2:08 PM
I also have a spread sheet- 2 pages with 25 names on each page and I gift by who gifted me. With the spring event lots of SE players gifted and so I am behind like mad. When that happens I take my list off and put away by my name until I can catch up. Then I put my list back up and erase away from my name. I only have about 15 players that gift every day and some that gift from every from every 2-3 days to once a week. I don't mind. But I do know who I owe and when so eventually they get gifted back. And sometimes I will, just for fun , throw in a really great gift or by a biggie as a thanks for putting up with me. It can be hard to drag that spreadsheet around with me since some days I am taking my mom to Drs. Etc.... And away from home for hours but it does work. Good luck to you on finding your way to make things manageable for yourself. See you in the castle......

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Apr 27, 16 3:46 PM
No one wants their friends to feel guilty when it comes to returning gifts. There are some very simple things you can do to enjoy playing the game, reach the Achievements you are working towards - AND - not feel guilty about neglecting your friends. Mentioned already in this thread is the importance of keeping a log of gifts you are receiving. This can be as simple as a tablet of paper, or more complex ... something like a spreadsheet or computer log ... and every single day you play Midnight Castle, you write down the following :
The Date.
The Player Name of friend who sent you a Gift.
Write down what gift they sent you.

If you do not write down who sent you gifts, how will you know who to gift in return? Pay attention to what small notes they may have written next to their Player Name. There isn't much space, but players will write something like, "Same Stamp Swaps." Or perhaps, "Need Pumpkins" or "Need Snowflakes". Whatever - pay attention to what they may have written next to their name. Many players now are involved in Stamp Swapping. This means if they Gift you a Blue Stamp, you will see a Blue Stamp on their own Wish List. Your return Gift will be the very same Stamp. A Blue Stamp. (This is the greatest - gifting made easy! You don't have to guess at what they want or need the most!)

If you are behind in your gifting - there is a very simple solution. Take down all items from your Wish List for a day (more days if you feel you need the extra days to catch up.) Again, feeling guilty shouldn't be a part of the game. It's too much fun to play! So if you find yourself feeling bad about not returning gifts - if you look at your log and gasp (smile) at how many friends you would really like to gift, keep your own Wish List empty until you feel satisfied. Make sure you are logging the gifts you send to your friends. (again, writing down the date, the Player Name you are gifting, and the name of the gift you are sending).

I have seen players who have written "Catching Up" next to their Player Name - yet they still have their own Wish List up with items they would like. How are they going to catch up if they continue to receive gifts each day? This I cannot answer. Their thought process about how to catch up is perplexing to me.

So be happy Storming the Castle ! Gifts are a good thing - both ways. Don't feel bad - just catch up!

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Apr 27, 16 4:53 PM
I was one who had gift catch up behind my name and took down my wish list ,but my friends would pm ask why I took my list down so I put it back up , I think gifting is to help anyone who need help I have a list of a few I keep listing ,then after I look for lower levels who look like they need help , then a many who have been gifting me during this event , I am manly gift extra SE items as so many of the main game items have become harder to get and keep with the new updates , I am great full for all the help I have received during this event and I just like to send it forward

Fred(Lortoc)(Zendoc)

[Post New]by Inlagatordove on Apr 28, 16 9:42 AM
Gifting for me has been pretty simple. I give what I can, when I can. I have a wish list up but never expect people to gift me because I gifted them. I look at receiving gifts as a bonus, not expected but always a treat to get.
I try to gift to the core friends I had before my list grew so large for the event. I don't keep a list, and I'm sure I've missed a few. I feel that those friends understand because their lists also grew. We just have fun in the castle. There are no hard and fast rules on how to gift, you find a good core of friends with similar styles and go from there.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Apr 28, 16 10:57 AM
LLarkspur,

You sound like you've been looking over my shoulder. I also use FE for Fall Event items and will use SE after the Spring Event is over.

Another reason to write down the ID#s is in case your game crashes, you can invite your friends back.

DeeJay46

Go to: