Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

The end of bricks?

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 28, 16 2:42 AM
It's not obvious but the flow of amber and basalt into the game has slowed significantly. At this point, I can make some 2 amber every 10 hours by repeating the same submerged area over and over.
Before the update, I could buy 100 marvelous bricks a day with no problem. This is going to end pretty soon, once the hoarders empty their stocks.
After that, building the castle will take for-truly-ever.

If you are a new player, I recommend you stop advancing the underwater areas and keep repeating the same to get amber and basalt. The further you get, it only gets more expensive, with more forced delays, and less loot.

Re:The end of bricks?

[Post New]by the_laughing_cat on Apr 28, 16 3:40 AM
I'm not sure you can stop advancing the underwater areas until you hit one that you can't pass. Definitely don't use green stones to get to the next underwater level until the castle is finished. I would even ask that Ollie charge us a small fortune again for basalt and amber please lol

Edited on 04/28/2016 at 3:40:21 AM PST

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 28, 16 6:04 AM
I can still buy from Ollie.... Maybe it's the update? Or are you talking about when the red runs event ended? I'll be making and selling marvelous bricks till I have reached about 30 Amber bits, or until I don't get my help requests around the island anymore. I have "finished" my castle and am just waiting for more updates on it. So, I'll probably be selling another 200 marvelous brick unless I get more Amber bits.

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 28, 16 7:44 AM
Queenbrim wrote:I can still buy from Ollie....
So, I'll probably be selling another 200 marvelous brick unless I get more Amber bits.

I guess you are still running the old version? Note that updated players cannot visit your island! And no, Ollie does not sell amber any more (to me anyway).
Those 200 are stored from the old diver, correct? The new one gives very little. It might be worth a try to just hoard green stones and stay in the first area of the Deep Dive, until others explore what's waiting for you. You'd become the exclusive Amber source for the whole Sunken Secrets community

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 28, 16 7:46 AM
Updated people can definitely visit my island. It's me that cannot visit their island.
Diver, balloons, and requests around my island. That's how I still gain Amber bits and basalt. Not so keen on spending 1K for 5 Amber bits or basalts though. That money goes quick! And still have about 200K to save up to purchase the rest of my trees/stations/and magic generators. Although.... I think I'm done with the generators... Not 100% sure on that though. I haven't checked in a couple of days and I bought 2.

Edited on 04/28/2016 at 7:51:44 AM PST

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 28, 16 9:26 AM
Queenbrim wrote:Diver, balloons, and requests around my island. That's how I still gain Amber bits and basalt.
I don't think baloons are giving amber and basalt?
We'll talk more after you update.

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 28, 16 10:48 AM
They did for a while for me. It was like a 6 day thing. Had a timer next to the store.

[Post New]by Jessicakarin on Apr 28, 16 12:13 PM
After I am finished the current level I plan to go down, collect basalt and Amber and return without completing the entire island. That way I think I can collect the stones more than once without using the rare green runes, just by restarting the current island over and over.

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 28, 16 6:11 PM
Jessicakarin wrote:I plan to go down, collect basalt and Amber and return without completing the entire island.
Yes, that's the 2 amber once in 10 hours I mentioned earlier.
Depending on how far you get, the less amber in more time you can receive this way.
That's why you should stop advancing ASAP if your castle is not done yet.
And we have only built 1/3 of the castle anyway... but surely the developers will remedy this eventually.

Olg1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Olg1 on Apr 29, 16 4:45 AM
A lot of my neighbours are selling amber and basalt...so never run out. I hold approx 280 basalt and amber bricks in my storage and dozens out of the sculptor. Hopefully the update will come soon

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 29, 16 12:41 PM
Vichrice wrote:
Queenbrim wrote:Diver, balloons, and requests around my island. That's how I still gain Amber bits and basalt.
I don't think baloons are giving amber and basalt?
We'll talk more after you update.

Well, I was going to come home, take screen shots of everything before I updated, but the game decided to update on its own today no biggie, I don't think I am missing anything. Not pearls I can be certain of. Anyways, I still am able to buy Amber and basalts from olle. Good thing I finished my dive before I came home today otherwise I think I would have lost a total of 6400 Magic. If you ever see queenbrim or priscillagagnon achieve a goal or something on your sunken secrets broadcast, follow me. I'll be selling marvelous bricks. And if anyone that is a current follower is reading this and wants to know if I'll be selling something or could put anything in the store for them shoot me a private message. I usually check this thing like 40 times a day.

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 30, 16 10:19 AM
Well, I haven't received a buy request after purchasing my last basalts from Ollie on Friday. It's almost been 24 hours. But I'm getting like 10 Amber bits and 6 basalts each dive. So I think it evens out. I have been getting more and more each dive.

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 30, 16 12:24 PM
Queenbrim wrote:But I'm getting like 10 Amber bits and 6 basalts each dive. So I think it evens out. I have been getting more and more each dive.
If you stay in the first area, good for you. The farther you get, the more time it takes. My last dive was some 36 hours and I brought 1 amber and 3 basalt.

Edited on 04/30/2016 at 12:25:10 PM PST

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 30, 16 5:30 PM
I'm not even sure how you can stay in the same area. It cost me 1000 to dive and 500 to add an hour. Considering I was constantly full on magic for over a day, I'm finally relaxing back into that spot where I can gather the magic generated. But I don't think this is the end of bricks. Follow me if you can/want. I'll be selling basalt bricks soon!

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 30, 16 5:44 PM
My castle is finished, I'm good. I'm just wondering how other players can build their castles. There is no continued supply of amber into the game now. Eventually the stocks will run out.

You can stay in the same area by letting the timer expire, rather than opening the green chest.

If you are going to continue forward in the Deep Dive, I'm pretty sure you'll start to see what I'm talking about quite soon.

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 30, 16 7:15 PM
You can still gain Amber bits and basalts from the requests of islanders. And you do get some from the dives on the underwater islands. It's not completely gone. It has slowed down maybe, but the islanders were my main source of Amber bits and basalts before the update. Congrats on finishing your castle. Good luck to everyone else finishing theirs! I'll be putting 30 basalt bricks into my store 15 hours from now.

Vichrice
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Vichrice on Apr 30, 16 9:06 PM
You can't be serious, 5 basalt for 2 pictures, being a main source of basalt? You must be playing a different game then.

Queenbrim
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Queenbrim on Apr 30, 16 9:35 PM
When I got the majority of them, it was for necklaces.

Go to: