muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Why Play a 2nd time?

[Post New]by muttmom on Apr 29, 16 4:16 PM
Just wondering why you folks would do that?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Why Play a 2nd time?

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 29, 16 6:20 PM
As in all things in life for the nuances. You find out the things you missed cause either you weren't ready to perceive of them at the time or not ready to understand them when you were there in the first place and were to busy to get to the next thrill in the game to pay attention.
Its the same as all in life processes. To put it plainer Its like reading a book or tale you know the ending to. Comfortable and an easy read with no surprises. Just the nuances you get to enjoy to the climax you know all about as you read it but can now appreciate those missed sentences as it were . Comfort as in one would find in an old warm blanket on a cold night or the warm hand of ones mother on your forehead as she says good night.
I will make it easier still for you Muttmom..
Use one word..
Escape.

JoyousNewDayz
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by JoyousNewDayz on Apr 29, 16 8:04 PM
wow - that was so poignant...

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Apr 30, 16 2:56 AM
Well, I won't be nearly as eloquent as our Dear BlueX, but I will give my explanation as to why I started over - it's a different game this time around.

I started playing in December, 2013. I loved the game from the very beginning and played every day. But, back in the day there were only so many cities available and so many quests in the queue. So, I would play what was available and wait for an update. I would play the new quests and wait for the next update. Not knowing what would come next I would fill in time between updates and the events that were currently available with mini-games and trying to get every city to Master or Guru when that became available.

When it was announced last year that there would be no more updates (can y'all believe that's already been almost a year!) I kept playing my original game so I could go through all the Events at least once and to get Odin's face out of my quest queue. It got to a point that I would not play daily, but maybe check in once a week or so. Once Odin finally left at the Valentine's Event, I decided it was time to start over.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game again and am back to playing daily. Without having to wait for updates all the quests are available as soon as I complete what comes before. Right now I'm working on the missing painting quests along with the quests for completing collections. When I played before the missing painting quests weren't in the game and all I could work on was the collection quests. I find it really enjoyable to have to decide what quest gets worked on each day and how I'm going to achieve that quest. So far I've only played the mini-games necessary for quests and will only Guru a city when it happens on its own, not just to fill time.

So, that's why I started over. It's different this time. And the game is a heck of a lot of fun again.

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Apr 30, 16 9:11 AM
I was forced to start over 2 weeks ago and I was upset at the time, NOW, I am so happy I had to. It is so much more fun the second time round, A LOT MORE fun.

Go to: