Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:selecting runes for circle in last puzzle of main game

[Post New]by slappy68 on Apr 30, 16 7:03 PM
I guess no one has...I'm waiting for an answer on that one myself

[Post New]by Companion4ever on May 1, 16 6:58 AM
I think I have it. Make sure you do not put any colors next to each other that are forbidden (on the left) part of the scroll, and make sure that certain colors are between other colors (on the right) part of the scroll. I started out with green, yellow, and white. I did green and yellow first, and then white goes 'in-between' green and yellow. Does that make sense? Sorry, I can't give you the rest of the sequence. The instructions drove me nuts, they were not specific enough. I just gave a sigh of relief but I did the first three runes so much I remembered them.

Make sure you pay attention to the error messages on top after you make a mistake. And the scroll shows you where you made a mistake. Hope this helps

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on May 1, 16 7:13 AM
I think the words "Utterly incomprehensible" are an understatement.Good job I don't mind using the "Skip" button!

Donna_Bella
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Donna_Bella on May 2, 16 6:32 PM
Okay, here's how I solved this:

1. First, I'll give the order of the rune colors, then which colored rune to put between which other colored runes.
2. As you add a rune, the ring will spin faster. Keep your eye on the light beam at the bottom of the ring, which the runes will move through, click the next rune as soon as the first of the two runes (where you'll place the next one) passes over that light beam and the new one will slip right into the correct spot. I had to do that 8th rune about 4 times before I got the timing. Yes, you'll have to start over, but you have the solution, all you need to work on is timing.

So here's the order:
Green - 2
White - 3
Teal - 6
Red - 5
Pink - 7
Purple - 4
Orange - 8
Yellow - 1

Now the placement:
White goes between green + yellow
Purple goes between yellow + white
Red goes between purple + white
Teal goes between purple + red
Pink goes between teal + purple
Orange goes between pink + purple

Hope I typed it all correctly, if you see a mistake, I'll fix it. Good luck and forge on.

fpours
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by fpours on May 2, 16 7:12 PM
Donna, that was so kind of you to sort that out. I did as you instructed and got it first time through.. You are great. Thanks.

Donna_Bella
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Donna_Bella on May 3, 16 12:35 PM
Thanks, fpours. So glad to hear it helped.

[Post New]by CherylParker on May 3, 16 9:37 PM
Thanks Donna_Bella.
I couldn't figure that one out.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 13, 16 4:08 PM
Well, Donna_Bella, I should have checked here first! I replayed the puzzle and posted a spoiler in another thread on the same puzzle (see "fighting the lady"). Oh well, now players have two spoilers to find that may help them.

Edited on 05/13/2016 at 4:09:08 PM PST

Go to: