Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Black Swan here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 3, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 5:22:42 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Error

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on May 3, 16 2:19 AM
Received error 8 mins left of trial... Error 0x0043EA38 (tried to read from 0x00000028 Program Terminated ..will send to tech support.........

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Black Swan here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 3, 16 5:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 3, 16 5:28 AM
Hi DebbieAnnie,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an error message when trying to play the trial version of this game. It sounds like the error message you are seeing is part of an access violation error message. Please refer to the following help article as it has been known to help resolve this message:

Access Violation

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our team is always happy to help!

bfgBellerophon

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on May 3, 16 5:32 AM
I have the same technical problem : error and froze after playing for about 10 minutes. I do not want to keep writing to support and take time to ask for support how to make the game function without problems . Games shouldn't have all the trouble to play which is happening more and more now. Becoming frustrating with technical problems. It isn't my computer it is the way the games are not checked for problems before they are released I am playing in PC .

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on May 3, 16 5:42 AM
Another game without aspect ratio correction so the only thing I see when opening is a completely black screen with music playing in the background. When I have run into this problem with other games, changing screen resolution does not help as my graphics card does not support what is (usually) needed.

Edit: Windows 7 64 Professional
All drivers up to date

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 5:46:05 AM PST

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on May 3, 16 8:36 AM
In second scene of the game I have scissors but have nowhere to use them.
Click on diary or map and neither are available. Can't go back as cursor won't change
to let me do it. In other words nothing is working.
Windows 10 64 bit home edition

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on May 3, 16 8:58 AM
half way through game I bought and it kicked me out to desktop, when I got back in I no longer have inventory. Could I please have my money back. I am no PC windows 7 all drivers up to date.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on May 3, 16 9:32 AM
I have Windows 10 and the screen wobbles. It's unplayable.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on May 3, 16 9:53 AM
Hint is very slow, sometimes even refuses to work. Windows 7 Home Premium edition. 64 bit RAM.

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 9:54:59 AM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on May 3, 16 9:58 AM
It seems it has something to do with the Directx ? But I have Windows 10 and the runtime is not showing for Windows 10? So I am running something called DXSDK_Jun10.exe ??

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on May 3, 16 10:39 AM
Ugh, yet again a problem at the end. In one of the last hidden object games I believe, the last item, a ballerina, is causing a problem. I can get it, but as soon as I do, the swan hint disappears, the map disappears, the inventory completely disappears along with anyway to get out of the game or use the ballerina. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. Running Windows 10, restarted my computer, I may try to uninstall and reinstall the game. If it doesn't work, I'm going to just ask for a refund or a credit, since I used a credit on this game.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on May 3, 16 11:11 AM
Hi Murphy 1018

In second scene of the game I have scissors but have nowhere to use them.
Click on diary or map and neither are available. Can't go back as cursor won't change
to let me do it. In other words nothing is working.
Windows 10 64 bit home edition

SPOILER
If you've managed to get the mailbox key, there's a letter in there & the scissors are used to open it...strangely!!

Hope this helps,
Jenny

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 11:13:39 AM PST

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on May 3, 16 12:48 PM
I have the same problem as flaxin. I got to the ballerina - as soon as I got it - everything vanishes. I can't seem to exit that scene.

That scene seems to keep freezing up - I have windows 8.1 and all my drivers are up to date as far as I know. I'd love to finish the game.

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 1:27:35 PM PST

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on May 3, 16 2:25 PM
for kangoods: If you want a refund, you have to send a request to customer service via the help button at top of page. Posting here won't do it.

[Post New]by Ragdollsue on May 3, 16 5:04 PM
Same problem as flaxin

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on May 4, 16 6:11 AM
The game freezes minutes into the game. I get an access violation error code. I have tried all the fixes and none of them work. I have windows 10 and all drivers are updated.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 4, 16 6:49 AM
Towards the end of the game, when I tried to use the scissors to cut the key out of the tree, the game froze. When I went back into the game, I had no inventory.

Windows 10

Edited to add I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and still no inventory. I really would have liked to finish the game too.

Edited on 05/04/2016 at 7:02:10 AM PST

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 4, 16 12:21 PM
A very troubled game. I was able to complete it, but not without many problems and a lot of time quitting and starting. Running Windows 10.

The game froze quite a few times. Fortunately, unlike others, I never lost my inventory. The thing that seemed to cause the most problems was using the wrong item. For example, at the end in the fireplace, I found you have to put everything in the bowl in the correct order. If you put the whisky bottle first, it will freeze. So I had to use the Hint button to tell me what to put in next to prevent this from happening.

I also had to use the Skip button at the end of the HO scene where you get the ballerina. Otherwise, the game would freeze.

Then, after the game ended, I still had two items in my inventory (mannequin arm and doll), and I had not yet rescued the girl in the big bubble. I thought I would go back and see if there was more game left to be played, but it put me back at the fireplace without the items I needed in my inventory.

This would have been a decent game if it had worked better.

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on May 4, 16 2:54 PM
I agree that this game would have been a lot better without the tech glitches. I had the same freezing issues. I was able to finish the game using your advice with using the hint button in the fireplace. When i would lose my inventory--always after the game would freeze up--all I had to do was use the map to jump to a different room and my inventory would come back. I don't know how you finished the game without rescuing the girl in the bubble though, that shouldn't be possible. But considering all the problems I'm not surprised either.

Go to: