Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Black Swan here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 3, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/03/2016 at 5:22:09 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Tried SO hard to love it

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on May 3, 16 2:29 AM
I tried REALLY hard to like this game...the story line could be SO good...but it isn't..darn it anyway...this game was hard for me to play...go this way, that way, anyway at all and it just wasn't making sense...If I were a dev. I could make this so much better (hahaha) then with 8 minutes left to play it had an error and stopped running... darn

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Black Swan here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 3, 16 5:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Black Swan here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Black Swan.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 3, 16 6:24 AM
I"m with DebbieAnnie on this one......I didn't have any technical problems but I only lasted a bit more than half an hour.
The graphics are nice to look at and the music is o k, but that's all I found nice about this game.
It did not cover my whole screen.
I don't know why but I had real trouble finding all the list items in the HOs.
I always turn the VO off but in this game they work anyway. GRRR!!!!!
The skip button takes forever......
The map button is so tiny I had to click on it repeatedly for it to open.
If you don't get an inventory item exactly over the turning gears when you need to use it it won't work, and those spots are very particular.
I didn't find this game very logical and the game mechanics very appealing.
For me this swan is definitely a limping duck and needs some work.

WARNING for those it applies to....There's some flashing in most scenes when you have to use the mirror!!!!

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on May 3, 16 8:06 AM
i agree with both i tried to like it but gives me a headache flashing
so a no go for me

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 3, 16 11:11 AM
Cursor is soooo tiny, it's not to be seen...
Too bad, graphics are the most beautiful I've seen in a long time, but it's not for me either..

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on May 3, 16 4:06 PM
This could be a great game with beautiful music but everything is so small! The cursor, the writing and the symbols were so hard to see with my old eyes. Also, the hint is slow to reset plus who incorporates a click penalty these days - especially when 2 or 3 clicks are needed to pick an item. Sorry devs and Big Fish, no buy on this one.

[Post New]by rhodalumpkin on May 4, 16 2:39 PM
I can't seem to get any answers in the thread this belongs to so I came here. Has anyone purchased the game VAMPIRE LEGENDS: THE COUNT OF NEW ORLEANS collectors edition? And if so, can you PLEASE tell me if I am seeing correctly? I see the bonus round as being a shortened version of the main game, the same scenes and the same objectives.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on May 5, 16 3:36 AM
The game was different, but I liked it. A little macabre, but okay. If you follow the map when you get stuck, it helps. I had a little trouble with the game at first, but after you get the gist of it, its easy to follow.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on May 5, 16 9:31 AM
I loved it, but I did have problems, I found that if you were doing a HOS come out of it, ad then o back in, and the item I had problems with, was there.
Not to sure on the ending though!

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on May 5, 16 1:46 PM
Why, OH WHY do some developers make the audio MONO????? It sounds awful!

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on May 7, 16 10:46 AM
I have played this game a short time. I can say it can be challenging and a bit frustrating at times. The story is captivating and different than anything I've seen in a while on BF. The graphics are beautiful and music are excellent to the theme.Though there is a map were a task needs to be done it didn't give me anything more. So I have to figure things out, which I love. The only glitch I encountered was that some of the items listed on the HOs don't match the item to be found. This is something that is fixable. And I found this game to be quite long, which is another plus.

NOTE: There was some negative comments made about this game being to hard, grammar errors, and some other technical issues. Well, there are those out there that like a good challenge, like when games first came out and there was no hand holding. Games get or might have glitches and Big Fish has a community with all the games listed were we, the gamers, can post these so the developers can be made aware of them. Also, BF provides technical help too. And yes, there is a place for people to complain!

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 3:02:38 PM PST

gremmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by gremmie on May 9, 16 3:28 PM
I have to say, in ALL the games I have purchased--NEVER has there been as many glitches in a game as in this one. I'm sorry I wasted my money, I've to exit and re-enter so many times I've lost count.

gremmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by gremmie on May 9, 16 3:39 PM
I just went back in,and after finding the Ballerina, I also lost all my Inventory. This is Ridiculous!!!!!

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on May 9, 16 5:07 PM
I REALLY liked this game. The music was great and the storyline was excellent. There were glitches towards the end. I had trouble with the ballerina HOP, but ended up getting through it by skipping. One of the things I liked was that it was a long game. Just when you think it's done, it's not. BUT with that said... the ending was a let down. I know someone else mentioned that they didn't know whether that was really the end or not. It just seemed like you went through so much to get to the end and then there's one little scene and it back to the main menu. On the bright side, it was a good game to use a credit on. I just wish they would fix the glitches so everyone can enjoy it as much as I did.

Black Swan

[Post New]by tupong on May 15, 16 1:20 AM
I tried really hard with this game but there was too many HOP and the other puzzles were not very clear and I found them too hard. The story line was ok but in the end I gave up and deleted the game. Scenery was beautiful though and I did want to see what happened in the end but it was just not my cup of tea.

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on May 18, 16 12:01 PM
I found the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in this game extremely off-putting. There is really no reason for this to happen. A great big huge no for me.

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on Jun 4, 16 4:12 PM
This game feels like a first effort, and if it was the first game I ever played, it would probably be ok, but I just couldn't keep playing. too bad. It looked good but the grammar and game play was awful - it just frustrated me.

angelyum
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by angelyum on Jul 5, 16 2:30 PM
I was really into this game and then right I know it was about to end the damn thing quit, cant get back in. I would not recomend this game.

Chaikhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Chaikhe on Nov 5, 16 12:52 AM
Although very frustrating the first time you play as it is not intuitive (what you expect to work doesn't) it would be a fantastic game if it weren't so buggy. Not being able to finish the game is really surprising considering it has been out for over half a year now. I notice the game is still on the first build. You can get fairly close to the end.

You cannot finish this game but it is amazing. Your choice.

Go to: