Sir Match- A-Lot shuts down

[Post New]by TexMac1011 on May 4, 16 6:36 AM
I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. Sometimes the game will not even open. Other times, it will open, play for a couple hours and shut down. When I open it from the BF game manager, the game may or may not open, but the manager closes either way. I have re-installed the game and manager numerous times. When I do a re-install, it will play for a while. All my other games play fine. I have tried everything suggested in the Tech Support Forum. Any thoughts?

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:Sir Match- A-Lot shuts down

[Post New]by Theorem on May 4, 16 9:16 AM
Howdy!

Have you tried to play it without using the Game Manager, i.e. open the .exe file (mine is under C:\Program files\Sir Match-a-Lot\sirmatchalot.exe, it all depends on how/where you save your games) ?

Not sure whether this will save your problem but I hope it helps!

[Post New]by TexMac1011 on May 4, 16 6:20 PM
Theorem wrote:Howdy!

Have you tried to play it without using the Game Manager, i.e. open the .exe file (mine is under C:\Program files\Sir Match-a-Lot\sirmatchalot.exe, it all depends on how/where you save your games) ?

Not sure whether this will save your problem but I hope it helps!

Thanks for the reply. I have the same issue either way.
What I have figured out is that the game plays just fine as long as I am connected to the internet. As soon as I disconnect, the game shuts down. This doesn't happen on my desktop running Windows 8.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 5, 16 12:26 PM
Hi TexMac1011,

I'm glad you were able to figure out that maintaining your internet connection will prevent the game from crashing, and Theorem - thank you for trying to help.

Just in case, we also recommend the steps in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this issue continues to impede with your gameplay, do contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

I'm gooing to go ahead and lock this thread since it's regarding a tech issue, but do know tech issue posts are always welcome in the designated thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot here.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: