Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 5, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/05/2016 at 7:06:04 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by leacraw on May 5, 16 4:16 AM
I'll leave the game play review to others. Sadly, I didn't care for how the custom feature worked for the hint and skip times. Because it is a sliding bar that increases the hint time it decreases the skip time.The reverse is true when decreasing hint time the skip time goes up. For me that isn't an acceptable option in custom mode.
lea

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pvsquare on May 5, 16 4:57 AM
My kind of game. The graphics, sound and story are very good. Creepy. I give it 5 stars.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 5, 16 5:11 AM
Should have come and read the reviews before buying. Leacraw I'm with you. Why on earth would anyone in the development department think that it would be a great idea to increase the skip time if you decreased the hint renewal time. They've done this to us before and we let them know how we felt about it. All I can do is hope that in the casual mode the refill times are not so bad I quit the game and put it in the little trash can. That's what I get for not d/l and playing the demo.

Edited on 05/05/2016 at 5:20:29 AM PST

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on May 5, 16 5:29 AM
leacraw wrote:I'll leave the game play review to others. Sadly, I didn't care for how the custom feature worked for the hint and skip times. Because it is a sliding bar that increases the hint time it decreases the skip time.The reverse is true when decreasing hint time the skip time goes up. For me that isn't an acceptable option in custom mode.
lea

I agree. Not sure if this is a deal breaker, but this slider option is just silly. What difference does it make to the developers how long we want to wait for a hint or skip!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 5, 16 5:30 AM
I am very disappointed with this game especially as I have all the others and enjoyed all of them. I plodded through the demo to the end, more fool me it was an awful game.

Each scene was just too dark for me and I could barely find anything even in the HOS, or maybe my eyes are going! I usually love the mini games/puzzles but not these ones, they were far too complicated and long-winded for me. Nor could I find any of the collectibles, not that I knew what they were.

Roll on Saturday for the next CE Game, and I hope it's a good one.

[Post New]by malcolmbart on May 5, 16 5:50 AM
leacraw wrote:I'll leave the game play review to others. Sadly, I didn't care for how the custom feature worked for the hint and skip times. Because it is a sliding bar that increases the hint time it decreases the skip time.The reverse is true when decreasing hint time the skip time goes up. For me that isn't an acceptable option in custom mode.
lea

I totally agree. I've always felt that developers who force you to wait an interminable amount of time to skip or get a hint are either control freaks or are trying to make the game seem longer than it actually is.

Edited on 05/05/2016 at 5:54:33 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 5, 16 6:10 AM
malcolmbart wrote:
lea

I totally agree. I've always felt that developers who force you to wait an interminable amount of time to skip or get a hint are either control freaks or are trying to make the game seem longer than it actually is.

Yes, agree completely. And if the game isn't able to be compatbilized by the player, don't name it so.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 5, 16 7:00 AM
I played the beta and wasn't impressed, but apart from the strange slider issue it seemed alright now, bought it with the code from yesterday, otherwise I wouldn't have, but I don't have anything else to play.
I hope I'm not going to regret this..

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 5, 16 7:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 5, 16 8:29 AM
lea

I'm with you Lea and that is one thing I pointed out in my review because I dislike the slider bar feature for hint and skip times.

I love the game itself and did need to use the hints to get going because the game seems a bit more challenging than some others. I enjoyed the story as well as the HOP scenes and the mini-games. For me the graphics are excellent but I have a large screen hooked up to my PC so even in scenes that were a bit darker, items were easy to see.

My only concern about the game (aside from that slider) is that it might be a bit short. But hey, I used the coupon code from yesterday so it makes the CE a great bargain.

Not everyone likes the same things in games and since I am a pushover for most HOPA games because I love the genre, you might not like the game as much as I do. Anyway happy gaming everyone and enjoy whatever it is you are playing.

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on May 5, 16 9:38 AM
Before I buy, would like to know if there is bonus game play, or just the wallpaper etc.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 5, 16 11:13 AM

Delightful Death's Door Demon Drama

You're riding in a modern taxi when the driver encounters a detour. Suddenly, sha-zam! The driver is dead and you find yourself at the gate of an old cemetery. There's a message there saying something about you being the "Chosen One." What's going on?

Well for one thing, plenty of melodrama. Nearly every time something is solved, there is an explosion of overly-dramatic loud music and a fast-moving cut scene. Toward the end of the trial this began to get old, so here's hoping it does not continue throughout. Fittingly the game is dark, but even lighter elements are colored mostly in black, grey and brown - so everything is pretty dim. The voice acing is OK, children sound like children, etc. There is the seemingly ever-present hooded ghoul , but this one's eyes are yellow instead of red.

I found the game play to be slightly more challenging than usual. There is a definite adventure game element to it, especially when played on the harder difficulty settings. Examples of mini games are: navigating through a mechanical maze, swapping elements to complete four discs, and pulling multiple levers to have them all "open." Hidden object scenes are interactive list and story type. Because of the dark palette and a few small objects, these were slightly more difficult than expected. Interestingly, when each HOP is completed, your statistics are shown.

In total, there are 18 mini-games and 20 hidden object scenes. This CE also has 14 collectible items - each one is unique. There is a strategy guide (two chapters in trial) transportable map, achievements, and bonus game.

When a new game is released in a long-running series like Redemption Cemetery, I always hope they didn't 'rune' it . I think this one passes that test. It has a lot going for it, especially visually. On those chained cemetery gates, the story seems to be the weakest link. Not because it is bad, but it's just the usual "saving souls" stuff. However, in this ghoul's opinion, there is enough here to carry me over the threshold of Death's Door.

four happy ghouls

Edited on 05/06/2016 at 2:18:34 PM PST

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on May 7, 16 2:44 PM
Daxadillion wrote:I am very disappointed with this game especially as I have all the others and enjoyed all of them. I plodded through the demo to the end, more fool me it was an awful game.

Each scene was just too dark for me and I could barely find anything even in the HOS, or maybe my eyes are going! I usually love the mini games/puzzles but not these ones, they were far too complicated and long-winded for me. Nor could I find any of the collectibles, not that I knew what they were.

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on May 7, 16 2:48 PM
Daxadillion wrote:I am very disappointed with this game especially as I have all the others and enjoyed all of them. I plodded through the demo to the end, more fool me it was an awful game.

I absolutely agree with your assessment. I also found the story line to be somewhat disjointed and soon lost sight of the goal. I won't be purchasing the CE; I'll wait for the standard edition and purchase with punch card coupons.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 7, 16 7:21 PM
Liked the other Redemption Cemetery's but not this one. Everything was slow and 'floaty'. Quit after 10 minutes.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 8, 16 11:12 PM
I just don't get this one - this is a series that I usually enjoy from the bunny, but this just seemed - off? I honestly can't put my finger on it; was it the gummy-jawed evil guy or the disjointed story? Or was it that I somehow found a clock-thing that took me a good minute to figure out how to stop it and that it was a collectible? Were there more? And why did the SG show me chapter one and Eight ONLY?! (what happened to 2 through 7? more ) Dunno fishies, just not feelin' this one...

GRF89
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by GRF89 on May 10, 16 2:31 PM
I agree that this was a very disappointing game. The scenes were too dark, especially the HOS. Even when an item was spotted, many times it took several clicks before it would clear from the list. I also found the puzzles way too complicated and very long. I play with a cordless mouse on a laptop, and after a couple of hours of play, my right hand would be so sore and cramped, I'd have to stop. I found two collectibles out of 14, and those two I found by accident. I did play through the bonus game. When it ended without finishing the storyline, I sat here for a minute asking myself why I wasted my time and money on this game. The Redemption Cemetery series have been enjoyable in the past. I really regret buying this game.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on May 11, 16 8:52 AM
I must be a simple soul because I really enjoyed this one. OK, so the story was a bit lacking but the gameplay itself was fine and there were some excellent puzzles as well. The bonus game was of a decent length which is always important to me when I'm buying a CE. All in all I'd give it 4 stars.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on May 13, 16 12:27 PM
Oh goody, I'm the Chosen One...AGAIN!!!!

I like this well-made game, genuinely creepy and chilly, just like me.

Go to: