bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

City Sights: Hello Seattle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 8, 10 12:05 AM
You have 10 days to write an article about Seattle City Sights! Scour the city for interesting places and facts in City Sights: Hello, Seattle! Your editor will have additional assignments for you in each place, so you better be sharp to earn all the medals in this Hidden Object game! Finished your tasks in a snap? Go back to get different item lists, to earn better scores, and to acquire trophies you may have missed! Take on your assignment now!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:City Sights: Hello Seattle

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 8, 10 5:24 AM
Demoed the game elsewhere and finally it's out on , have been waiting for ages.

This is a straight HOG in tradition of the Big City Adventure series, so if you like the other series you will like this game. Unique to this game is a object list divided into three difficulty levels - however, you have to find every item anyway and there are very easy to find hard items and impossible to find easy items. As far as I can remember you are getting a different amount of points regarding the difficulty of the item. Strewn in are find the difference levels.

Bottom Line: I like Seattle, having seen the city for 11 years on Frasier and 5 on Grey's Anatomy, so this is a must buy on February 1.

jor_tay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jor_tay on Jan 10, 10 4:24 PM
I was really looking forward to this one, but I quit after 15 minutes. The scenes were too cluttered for my taste. I also have the same complaints as most. The time allowed was too short to complete the scenes. The items were too small and hard to see. Some items did not even look like the item they were supposed to be. There was fog or smoke or something between the two rooms that made it hard to find the small things. I got frustrated and started rapidly clicking on everything. Of course, the cursor froze for a while, but that was my fault. Darn those small items!

I have a question. Maybe I overlooked something in the instructions. In the beginning, the game shows 4 assignments that you must complete. Each assignment has a tab over it that reads "optional." It makes it look as if you can pick the optons that you want to use. Of course, I tried to click on the assignments, but nothing happened. What did I miss?

Overall, I was pretty disappointed.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jan 13, 10 3:35 PM
If this had been a Big City Adventure: Seattle I would have bought it in a hearbeat, since I'm very fond of Seattle (thanks, Frasier), but I found this game to be too irritating. And a TIMER? Thanks, but no thanks.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 7, 10 8:16 PM
I live right outside Seattle. The game captured the high points with its locations but the colors were so washed out! Seattle is a green city in a green location, with amazing skys and mountains very near. We have an amazing amount of water, what with the lakes, rivers, and the Eliott Bay.
The game could have been bright and great fun like the Big City Adventure series, but it seriously missed that mark.
For me with the colors so washed out, the objects were frequently really tough to spot and many were simply too small. The hints are unlimited, but needing to use too many of them really takes the fun out of the game.
Oh yeah, there's the timer. It seems to be too short a time allowed because the further you get into the game, the more items you are looking for in each location. I don't think you don't lose a level if the timer runs out, but you don't get trophies and you don't get much of a score.
Too many strikes on what really could have been a good game.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Mar 3, 14 3:48 PM
I liked the game, even with the timer . . .

Go to: