bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to City Sights: Hello Seattle forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 8, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to City Sights: Hello Seattle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other City Sights: Hello Seattle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

Re:Welcome to City Sights: Hello Seattle forum

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 8, 10 4:26 AM
just finished my free hour, but oh dear it might just be me but i found some items impossible to find, and the musical instruments a nightmare, what looked like dice where what? shame as it seemed like it would be a good game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 8, 10 8:22 AM
I agree with you corbs, some items are very hard to see. I am undecided if to buying this game. I think I will try it later this day again and then make my decision. I wish, the game would have also an untimed mode.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 8, 10 10:02 AM
I bought this game on another site (naughty me) and absolutely loved it. I learned a lot about Seattle and the game was a good length. Worth the credit!!!

MeowTsetung
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,752 Posts

[Post New]by MeowTsetung on Jan 8, 10 12:42 PM
Wish the game had an untimed mode. The game reminds me of the Big City Adventure series.
I love all the city views and city facts.
Everything looks familiar! Why? Because I live in Seattle! So, of course, it's a buy for me.

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Jan 8, 10 5:41 PM
Can anybody tell me if this game is worth a game credit,

Edited on 01/08/2010 at 5:42:53 PM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 8, 10 7:04 PM
I was so excited when I saw this game is based in Seattle as I live here. But I do have an issue or two. First issue is the curser hangs up and slow to respond. I would prefer to have the choice of using my computer curser. Second, I find even items on the easy list hard to find. I am a fan of **** games, but this one takes to long. I also do not like working against a clock. Makes my blood pressure go up.

Will I buy this one ,,, the jury is still out on this one.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 8, 10 7:11 PM
lynn009 wrote: Can anybody tell me if this game is worth a game credit,

I think that is something that is hard for anyone to tell you. What someone else likes does not mean you would like it. There are so many things to take into consideration. if you like HOG's that are challanging .. this may be a game for you. If you like to learn about an area or city ... this may be a game for you. If you like to play against the clock ,,, again this may be a game for you. Download the trial and give it a chance. Hope this is of some help.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 8, 10 8:26 PM
Well the jury came in ... I bought this one. After all, it is based in Seatle.

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Jan 9, 10 12:11 AM
patnsky wrote:
lynn009 wrote: Can anybody tell me if this game is worth a game credit,

I think that is something that is hard for anyone to tell you. What someone else likes does not mean you would like it. There are so many things to take into consideration. if you like HOG's that are challanging .. this may be a game for you. If you like to learn about an area or city ... this may be a game for you. If you like to play against the clock ,,, again this may be a game for you. Download the trial and give it a chance. Hope this is of some help.

Thanks that helped alot

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 9, 10 6:15 AM
I have now decided to buy this game also, but its today TGT on the german website. That makes it much easier to me to search all clues in only 10 minutes with german clues! Thanks, !

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 9, 10 2:45 PM
I played the demo, second time since I demoed it a while ago somewhere else. I think it could be a good game if it wasn't for the timer, and many very small objects. Since I haven't been to Seattle since I was a teensy weensy kid (and don't remember it), it was interesting to see the "sights". Won't be a buy for me, except on sale down the road, maybe.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Jan 10, 10 10:03 PM
Loaded this one up, every time I try to run it, it takes over my computer. Frankly, not the kind of game I'm interested in - I prefer games that allow me to tab between windows, etc.

I couldn't even bring up the task manager under this game. No thanks.

Re:Welcome to City Sights: Hello Seattle forum - wide screen?

[Post New]by AntoniaM on Jan 15, 10 10:49 PM
i'm a seattle-ite too...and was drawn to this for that reason.

In 'Options' there is a button for 'Wide Screen'. When I click that, the button for 'Full Screen' remains on as well. Makes for some difficult hunting when both screens are on at once! The full screen just isn't big enough on my laptop. The wide screen would be perfect if I could get it to work.

Any ideas?

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 17, 10 11:27 PM
Big City Adventure for the myopic?

Unspectacular graphix + teeny little items=wrinkles LOL

Irksome music as well. No real storyline. Very generous hint system, which is good as everything is so grainy. If I wanted badges I'd go to PlayFirst.....ooops they don't have those anymore, do they? But I don't care about awards or points. There's also no option to play in relaxed mode, which will stress out folks who don't do timers. Options occasionally to find 10 xtra somethings for more points. In btwn there are spot the differences that are pretty EZ & don't require hints, tho they're there if you want to just get out. Meh kind of straight HOG destined for the $1 bin IMHO.

The burning question I have is.....

Picman, you let I-Play beat you to a Seattle-themed game?

Get those Dire Grove artists drawing! can do way better than this.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 16, 10 8:58 PM
I played the demo awhile back and liked it. I went on a spree this weekend with the sale and when I seen this one again I used my free credit. I have all my trophys except the one with the zodiac signs. I can't find 2. Why isn't there a walk-thru for this one... I think it's well worth the price.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Mar 24, 10 12:13 AM
Although Seattle used to be my home, I'm afraid this is a no go for me.

Difficult to see the items.
The easy medium hard didn't make sense because I usually found the hard objects first.
Sometimes there was more than one of the same object, so it was easy to click on the wrong one.
Difficult to see the items. (I repeat because my eyes hurt after playing this.)

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 12:14:14 AM PST

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Aug 8, 10 5:50 AM
I love the Big City Adventure series. I thought this game may be as good. I hated this game because some of the items were extremely hard to find and there was not enough time and that is in the early stages. I will delete this game after playing for just 25 minutes of the trial. I have had enough.

This I-Play game is in stark contrast with the I-Play game: "Classic Adventures: The great Gatsby" which i really loved. I finished it this afternoon and i am sure i will play again soon.

City Sights: Hello Seattle

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Aug 5, 12 9:11 PM
Hardest hidden object game that I played and brought.

Its very good as you can restart the scene, if you aren't quick enough to find the items (and it changes what you have to find).

Graphics is well done, and an enjoyable game to sit and play for many hours.
I don't live in Seattle, or in the USA, but its nice to take a vacation, when its only worth a game credit.

[Post New]by HiddenNic on Feb 22, 14 4:39 PM
Why did BigFish remove this game?

Go to: