length

naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

length

[Post New]by naedebpat on Jan 8, 10 12:30 AM
What do you think about the lenght of game play?

Re:length

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 8, 10 1:09 AM
Looks short. I got to the beginning of chapter 6 with 13 minutes left in the demo hour. - so should take two to tho and a half hours unless the remaining chapters increase in length

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Jan 8, 10 1:11 AM
15 Chapters, made it almost through 8 in the hour.

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Jan 8, 10 1:12 AM
CORRECTION! 13 Chapters

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 8, 10 2:40 AM
I did an hour of it during the beta test, dowloaded it just after it came out at 3am EST and just finished about 05:20. Decent length,almost 3.5 hours, but I did have to take a short break now and then to let my dogs in and out. They are loving the snow, but won't all come in at the same time, lol. Of course I now have about four more hours to kill before bedtime, and I don't have another game to play. Guess I could start up Anka...I played the demo on that one elsewhere and liked it but didn't buy it at that time. Since I started playing games, I hardly ever watch TV anymore...don't think I have even had it on at all since last summer, so two games a night is par for me, as most of them are about three hours if I just take my time.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jan 8, 10 3:34 AM
Eight chapters done in one hour... only 5 to go... This is far too short !

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 8, 10 3:39 AM
Thanks for the warning on the length of the game!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 8, 10 3:45 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:
dowloaded it just after it came out at 3am EST and just finished about 05:20. Decent length,almost 3.5 hours,
Guess I could start up Anka...I played the demo on that one elsewhere and liked it but didn't buy it at that time.

If it is only 3 + hours, I will play all the minigames, otherwise it would be too short.
I can highly recommend Anka.
Look how the reviews changed once people got into it.
Try it wirhout the walkthrough, otherwise you might miss the fun.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 8, 10 4:26 AM
It's really interesting on how long it takes to play a game. I must be a slow player because I just finished the game demo and only finished Chapter 3. I am not sure if I want to buy the game or not It's not a bad game but it's not as good as some of the others.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Jan 8, 10 8:15 AM
I've been playing the demo and got as far as the antiques shop in 30 minutes. Is it chapter 3 please or have I miscounted?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 8, 10 8:19 AM
According to the Big Fish walkthrough, the antique shop is chapter 4.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 8, 10 8:24 AM
I have finished 2 chapter in 18 min. appr., so I think the gamelength is very short, appr. 2 hours.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 8, 10 10:23 AM
I finished through the first scene in chapter 8 in the one hour trial. I played the puzzles and mini-games as I went along and read the journal as it became available. Based on that, is seems that the game will last about 2 hours or slightly less.

I'm not sure about the replay value unless you go back and choose a different play mode. I think there was Easy and Normal, but I think that related to the hints. You wouldn't need extra hints on subsequent play. I didn't see any mini-games that you could replay.

I don't think I will buy this one because it is so short. Too Bad!
I really liked the first Vernioca Rivers game.

Edited on 01/08/2010 at 10:30:31 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 8, 10 2:21 PM
I AGREE!! way tooooo "short" i really enjoyed the DEMO!

I was looking so forward to this....LOVED the old one

I think I will see what comes next...other time.. .other place.... pun intended..lol

PEN

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jan 8, 10 2:57 PM
I bought this one before I realized how short it was, and I'm a slow player. Not worth a game credit!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jan 8, 10 8:02 PM
I got to chapter 8 in my demo and I thought at the time that I was playing slowly. However I did skip 2 mini games and the cut scenes. I still think it will be to short for me though considering it has only 5 more chapters to go.
I did like the graphics.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 8, 10 9:14 PM
I have played for a bit over 3 hours and still more to go so I am not finding it to be extremely short, however, I am finding it boring so wishing it was shorter right now

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jan 8, 10 11:59 PM
I used a free credit on this so I did not overpay, but overall the game (to include length) was just eh. The ending was just plain silly!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

[Post New]by boredme on Jan 9, 10 9:06 AM
LizzieK wrote:I finished through the first scene in chapter 8 in the one hour trial. I played the puzzles and mini-games as I went along and read the journal as it became available. Based on that, is seems that the game will last about 2 hours or slightly less.

I'm not sure about the replay value unless you go back and choose a different play mode. I think there was Easy and Normal, but I think that related to the hints. You wouldn't need extra hints on subsequent play. I didn't see any mini-games that you could replay.

I don't think I will buy this one because it is so short. Too Bad!
I really liked the first Vernioca Rivers game.

[Post New]by absolutrebel on Jan 10, 10 11:07 AM
I liked the game, but it is very short, took me about 3 hours of leisurely play. You won't need the walkthrough, or the hints. I'm glad I used one of my free credits for it, I wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid for it ! Having said that, it was fun and the graphics are cool

Go to: