Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 7, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 6:17:41 AM PST

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on May 7, 16 1:42 AM
What a great opening! Kidnapped by pirates, hands bound, escape with a little help, although I felt a bit sorry for this nice bloke, jump into the sea, find yourself on a beach.
For me just everything I like in a game. Then the first HOPA, so much fun with the items washed ashore.
Love love love pirate games! The only drop of bitterness: It's the last adventure in the series Sea of Lies.
Bought it after half an hour of play and can't wait to go swashbuckling!

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by charlene_lane on May 7, 16 1:45 AM
Have just bought the game and I'm liking it. When looking for the collectible bottles in each scene, a hand DOES NOT come over them, so good challenge there. The bottles are quite small, so keep an eye out. Morphing objects in the HOPs. Overall, a good game with plenty to do and I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the game and bonus tomorrow (Sunday).

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on May 7, 16 2:03 AM
What an exciting demo! I loved it! I like that the developers changed the collectibles from the obvious ship wheels to the small bottles. No hand icon over the collectibles also makes for an additional and welcome challenge. This game is definitely a buy for me, and I'm looking forward to playing the full version. Way to go devs on this one!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 7, 16 5:42 AM
I beta tested this game a while back and was underwhelmed with it; my opinion hasn't changed after trying this demo. The first couple of Sea of Lies games were very good but now they're just run-of-the-mill. I didn't find this demo even remotely exciting

Typical Eipix fare on offer here; lovely graphics, same old HOS which were mostly list type (and I didn't see any alternative), mini-games nothing special, story has been done before in some form or another and nothing about this game was any different from all the other Eipix games.

Collectibles were quite small 'messages-in-bottles' and were often hard to see. I gave up looking for them the longer the game went on; I just couldn't be bothered to find them. If this is the last Sea of Lies game, it's probably just as well. Long past time this series was retired.

No technical issues with the demo but I only played 30 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Also wanted to add that it's not Mothers Day in the UK and I found it quite upsetting having it plastered all over the main page. I lost my Mum last year and it's still very raw

[Post New]by easyplayer on May 7, 16 6:00 AM
Sorry angelfish for your loss, but at least you could celebrate her memories. She would have love that.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 7, 16 6:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on May 7, 16 6:36 AM
Angelfish, on behalf of the pond, HUGGS!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 7, 16 6:41 AM
easyplayer wrote:Sorry angelfish for your loss, but at least you could celebrate her memories. She would have love that.

That was a very lovely sentiment, Easyplayer.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on May 7, 16 7:07 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I beta tested this game a while back and was underwhelmed with it; my opinion hasn't changed after trying this demo. The first couple of Sea of Lies games were very good but now they're just run-of-the-mill. I didn't find this demo even remotely exciting

Typical Eipix fare on offer here; lovely graphics, same old HOS which were mostly list type (and I didn't see any alternative), mini-games nothing special, story has been done before in some form or another and nothing about this game was any different from all the other Eipix games.

Collectibles were quite small 'messages-in-bottles' and were often hard to see. I gave up looking for them the longer the game went on; I just couldn't be bothered to find them. If this is the last Sea of Lies game, it's probably just as well. Long past time this series was retired.

No technical issues with the demo but I only played 30 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Also wanted to add that it's not Mothers Day in the UK and I found it quite upsetting having it plastered all over the main page. I lost my Mum last year and it's still very raw

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on May 7, 16 7:47 AM
0Jade wrote:Angelfish, on behalf of the pond, HUGGS!

Sorry Angelfish that you are feeling sad. You will always have reminders of your mother when you least expect it. It is Mother's Day weekend where I live and do want to wish all mothers everywhere a happy day.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on May 7, 16 9:31 AM
You never ever forget them Angelfish. It's been 13 years for me and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Take comfort that she is looking down on you,and still at your side.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on May 7, 16 12:44 PM
Its Mothers Day here today. I lost my mum 4 years ago and it was so devastating on my dad that I thought we would lose him too. But somehow we kept him going. We are all going up to see mum today who was layed to rest in the most gorgeous place and will be bringing a huge bunch of flowers and to change the pot plants already there - the bigger and brighter, the better. Its a beautiful sunny day today, and a lot of people will be up there today to visit loved ones with guitars, singing and flowers.

Angelfish, your mum will never be forgotten. Your memories of her will keep her alive in her heart forever. You are not alone and if I could I would be there to give you a big hug.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 7, 16 3:46 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #6 in this series. Yes, I have the other and liked them all. As usual, I mostly review on the game play and not the story, as others do a much better job on that than I. The graphics are exceptional in this one, very clear and nice. Colors are bright for the most part and muted for some scenes, as they should be. Game play was excellent. Does my heart good when a dev actually pays attention to beta reviews and makes changes for the better. Voice overs are very nice, era and character appropriate. Animation is nice, but not as smooth as it could be...not a deal breaker in this case. Music is appropriate for story, actions and setting. Really liked the sound FX, but then, I do love the sounds of the sea.

HOPs are very well done, with a combination of interactive lists, straight lists, and silhouettes. Items are not difficult to find and the scenes are fairly clear. There are 18 HOPs with morphing items in them, so be on the look out. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can switch to the usual match 3 game. I found the puzzles to be fun for a change. They are not all that difficult, but still interesting and I found the need for a little brain power to complete a couple. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. Yes, there is a jump map, which I didn't really care for, but it is much faster to transport directly to the spot you need. There is a click penalty, even on the low setting, but you really have to click a lot to engage it.

The collectibles are 41 bottles with a message in each. These are not all as easy to spot as you think. Some are quite small and you see only parts of them. We also have treasure chests to find in some of the scenes. Apparently these unlock extra HOPs and puzzles. They are the usual size and easy to spot. However, most scenes have treasure chests, but not all will open and give you the extra you need for the extra play. Click on them anyway.

Question, why do we always assume we are safe, only to get knocked on the head? You'd think we'd learn by now, right? There are some very different items used in this game, which makes it quite different from the usual we have seen lately. Thought it was rather clever to use corks for a life vest instead of the usual ring or the orange vest. I think this is probably one of the better games in this series. It is not all that challenging, but if you like pirates and such, you will find this one fun. I think all levels of players will enjoy this one. I loved it and I am going to add it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on May 7, 16 4:49 PM
Angelfish, I'm sorry about your mother. I lost mine almost 25 years ago, and I still miss her terribly. All the Mother's Day hoopla also brings me to tears, as does the Father's Day ads that will come next month. May God bless, MLC50.

[Post New]by ChainOfDogs on May 7, 16 5:16 PM
angelfish106 wrote:I beta tested this game a while back and was underwhelmed with it; my opinion hasn't changed after trying this demo. The first couple of Sea of Lies games were very good but now they're just run-of-the-mill. I didn't find this demo even remotely exciting

Sorry for your loss but the rest of us want to celebrate.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 8, 16 10:03 AM
To those of you that are purchasing this game today I would like to say that I've played through it twice. I really enjoyed this best of all the Sea of Lies series. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because I'm a huge Eipix fan but I think they did a great job for a finale of the series. Beautiful graphics, good voice overs and music. No helper to dress and feed. Great custom settings because I'm a puzzle skipper and the hint button takes you right where you need to go. And, after you finish the bonus chapter you are allowed to enter the Achievement room to go back and get collectables (bottles) you missed and the souvenirs. Good game with replay value IMO.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there that are celebrating this holiday.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on May 8, 16 3:28 PM
This game is great! I like the theme: Pirates! Aaargh It is colorful, fun, lots to do, and quite logical so you can figure out what to do. Graphics are very good. I play demos on casual so cannot comment on difficulty for other levels. The games/puzzles are different from what I have seen in other games, and the challenge is just right. Not too many HO's in the demo and I am hoping that continues throughout the game. The HO's were okay, though, especially at the beginning where all things needed washed up onto the shore. I know HO's are necessary in order for us to get the equipment needed to progress through the game. Fun! I rate this game:

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers out there in Big Fish Land. To those whose Mothers are no longer on Earth, may Happy Memories replace your grief.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 8, 16 10:49 PM
Although I enjoyed the story line, I was over all just non-plussed with this game. Graphics good, no (or minimal) lip-synchs (an unusual turn lately for Eipix - don't know what's up with that, but total game size has also been greatly reduced); I found the puzzles to be tedious and the HOS boring and uninspired. Although $7.99 is a decent price, I'm still going to pass.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on May 14, 16 7:01 AM
To angelfish: my sympathy and empathy. I lost my mother in 1981 and this year the anniversary of her death fell on Mother's Day. It was a bit much.

Game: so I am considering buying it. Having read the reviews here I think perhaps I should play a couple of the Sea of Lies that I have bought and not played through.
Thanks for the timely reviews.

Go to: