bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 9, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The White House forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The White House players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jan 9, 10 3:20 AM
I have difficulties with the cursor. It won't let me point at the hammer and chiesel!

[Post New]by ksmimaw on Jan 9, 10 4:56 AM
I also had difficulties with the cursor It was like it was locked in the box of the room and could not get out of that area I was able to click on the eagle enough for the hints, but that was all. I just had to let it sit until the trial hr was up. Hope this gets fixed and we can get another trial period, it looks interesting.

[Post New]by mholifi566 on Jan 9, 10 5:58 AM
Game locked up after a few minutes. Think this game needs working on before I try it again.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jan 9, 10 6:07 AM
I could not even get the game to show up on my monitor. Exited by control/alt/delete, then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. After installation was complete, the message was that my 60 minute trial had expired. Hmmmmm.

[Post New]by jibsail1 on Jan 9, 10 6:46 AM
Got to point where supposed to place busts on shelf and entire program freezes up. Tried three times, same thing. Had to do control, alt., delete to get to Task Manager to stop game. HELP!

LOCAMP
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by LOCAMP on Jan 9, 10 6:52 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The White House forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The White House players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

MANY BUGS IN GAME -IT FREEZES UP -PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS-WOULD B A GOOD GAME

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Jan 9, 10 6:54 AM
The game froze on me too and I had trouble with the game size on my screen I had to adjust it it froze on the green lawn, but it was my fault for not following the games instructions I had to go to the Diary click on the map and use the decoded clues i had to select the rooms by the clues. Remember if the game does not fit the screen too large go to the options and change the resolution

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 4:52:13 AM PST

redsjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by redsjoy on Jan 9, 10 7:03 AM
Just downloaded game and it crashed my computer.

[Post New]by moonstar727 on Jan 9, 10 7:26 AM
numerous glitches,,too many to mention,,,too bad, I really liked it

moonstar727

jbwhse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jbwhse on Jan 9, 10 7:45 AM
WAY TOO MANY BUGS! Froze up on me and to control,alt,delete to get our of it.

wasted all of my free time.

spooh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by spooh on Jan 9, 10 8:15 AM
GAME FREEZE UP ON ME ALL THE TIME RIGHT FROM THE START WHEN IT SHOWS FACTS ABOUT THINGS

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jan 9, 10 8:22 AM
I know it's not helpful (to all you very frustrated fishies) but I managed to play all the way through with no problems! Nothing special here on my laptop to suggest the problem is to do with memory or video cards! I hope you all get a fix soon!

Game is quite good but not as long as I was led to believe. And it's sadly lacking in puzzles.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Jan 9, 10 8:33 AM
redsjoy wrote:Just downloaded game and it crashed my computer.

same here. never had so much trouble with a game before. maybe its the title...lol

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 9, 10 8:54 AM
I had no problems at all with the game - until I got nearly to the end! When I am looking for the mirrors, I find the first one and the game locks up, and it won't give me another list of things to find or a new location. I closed the game and restarted, and all the items I had just found are back again but there is no list of things to find.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the update - I hope it comes soon. It is a very good game, with lots of interesting facts and great artwork. Some of the scenes are a bit too dark, making it hard to spot the objects, but there are plenty of hints if you need them. I especially like the outline option, being able to see the outline of the object without having the actual location revealed.

Julie

ps. To the developers, I loved the professor's comment when he asked Miranda to hurry - those little gems of humor are what makes a game special.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Jan 9, 10 8:59 AM
The game froze on me too. It brought up a black screen with the message "out of range". I left the computer alone for an hour and when I went back, the big fish tab had appeared and said my sixty minutes was up. I'm over it now though.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Jan 9, 10 10:13 AM
Julie, the same thing happened to me. What do I do now?

[Post New]by ski77ppyDiane on Jan 9, 10 10:18 AM
Downloaded this game then I thought why not see what other people think about it.
Oh! God I thought if there is anything wrong with a game my Vista always finds it. But to my surprise everything worked fine and bought it after my 60mins of free play.Lovely so far, liked the alternate views, it's different

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 9, 10 10:38 AM
For those who get stuck on the lawn - go to the Journal and chose a new location from the map!

This was a real "Duh" for me - I uninstalled the game and replayed it from the start, and noted the pop-up about using the journal to go to new locations on the map. Since we didn't have to do that in any other part of the game, I completely forgot about it!

I'm posting this in the other forum on this subject, so more people who are having the problem can see it.

Julie S.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jan 9, 10 12:26 PM
the game froze on me as well after 7 minutes so i deleted it and the problem is not memory or grapics card as my computer is less than a week old

Edited on 01/09/2010 at 12:27:48 PM PST

Go to: