minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

PLEASE specify location! (No more "Serpent of Isis" posts)

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 9, 10 6:53 AM
I keep having to come here to find hints on where to click on certain objects, and it seems like lots of the threads are titled "Serpent of Isis".

PLEASE title your post with the specific location you are writing about, e.g. "Luggage Cart" or "Clock Shop" or "Victor's Cabin".

Or with your problem, like "Can't download" or something.

That way, those 99% of us who are having a problem someplace else, don't have to waste time opening all the "Serpent of Isis" posts in case they MIGHT have something to do with our location, but actually don't.

And it's more likely that you will get a useful reponse faster, too.

Thanks a million for NOT writing "Serpent of Isis" unless it's a review of the game..--. although there are already threads for those too. In fact I can't think of any reason why anyone should have to title a post "Serpent of Isis" ever again!

Edited on 01/09/2010 at 7:01:06 AM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:PLEASE specify location! (No more "Serpent of Isis" posts)

[Post New]by misty5 on Jan 9, 10 11:56 AM
Had to chuckle when I read your post. That's something that has always irritated me, too -- having to check all the game title threads to see if anything in them applies to my particular problem of the moment. Kudos to you for bringing it to everyone's attention!

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Mar 3, 10 12:37 PM
Here, Here!!

I am doing the exact same thing right now and it's ticking me off!! Duh, how much help are you gonna get if you just put the title of the game's name?!?! And people just keep adding to it, so you do have to dig deep if you aren't finding your answers.

I think is now starting to make pages for each chapter & then sub pages (or better subject lines, anyway) on the forums, to narrow the threads out. I can see this helping greatly in the future, but I wish it was set up like this NOW for Serpent!

Walkthroughs help, but I don't want ALL the answers!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 3, 10 12:40 PM
It's an irritation for sure. There may be 20 threads titled simply with the name of the game.

Add your problem to the title, people, please, and if possible, tell us what you've done to get to where you are. It helps jog our memories so that we can help you!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 8, 10 7:24 AM
Hear Hear well said

lineck

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 28, 10 1:12 PM
bump

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Sep 28, 10 2:25 PM
BUMP

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 2:28:38 PM PST

prspice5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by prspice5 on Oct 4, 10 6:13 PM
Thank you minx , well said

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Feb 28, 11 10:23 PM
I so agree with you. I find vague titles very annoying. "HELP" and "stuck" aren't very helpful either. "Help" with what? "Stuck" where?

Go to: