GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Energy Beam/Magnet Puzzle Problems

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 9, 10 6:15 PM
I was having an awful time during the energy beam/magnet puzzle near the end of the game. I would try to get the magnets into place but my cursor would not go where I wanted it to. It was like I was trying to push my cursor through molasses. I really hate even using hints in games so I did not want to be forced to skip this puzzle. Well I figured out a solution that worked for me, so I thought I would post it for anyone else experiencing this same issue.

I went into the menu options and changed my cursor from the default custom one to the hardware version and I unchecked the widescreen button (I was playing with that button checked). Once I did those two things I was able to play the mini-game just fine and move the magnets into place without fighting my cursor. Hope that helps anyone who is having this same problem!

Edited on 01/09/2010 at 6:17:45 PM PST

MaggieMaeeye
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,101 Posts

Re:Energy Beam/Magnet Puzzle Problems

[Post New]by MaggieMaeeye on Jan 9, 10 6:19 PM
Hi GameLvr30! Congratulations on becoming a seahorse! That was my favorite! They're sooo soo purty LOL

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say thank you so much for posting this! How thoughtful and kind of you! I'm sure that alot of people will appreciate it!!

(((hugs)))

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Jan 20, 10 7:02 PM
Thanks GameLvr30! I was having the same problem and checked here to see if anyone else was too. I'll try your solution next time through.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 28, 10 6:36 AM
I also had problems with this section. It wasn't so much like moving the cursor through molasses. It was more that the cursor was uncontrollable. In the end I had to skip this puzzle, something I don't like doing.

I was already using the hardware cursor. I'd already had problems with the custom cursor.

Ah, well. At least I managed to complete the game.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Energy Beam/Magnet Puzzle Problems

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 28, 10 6:36 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:I was having an awful time during the energy beam/magnet puzzle near the end of the game.
It was like I was trying to push my cursor through molasses.
Well I figured out a solution that worked for me, so I thought I would post it for anyone else experiencing this same issue.

GameLvr30
Thanks so much for the tip!

Angel

Go to: