bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 10, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Fall Trilogy players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 10, 10 5:30 AM
Fabulous game, and it solves one of my pet peeves - the 360 degree, nausea-inducing format can be turned OFF!! In fact, that should be one of the bullet-points in the "why to buy this game" ad. I've had to pass on too many wonderful games because I get motion sickness from that format.

Very interesting game play, more of an Adventure format that HOG but a bit of both. The puzzles are fairly challenging but I was quite proud of how far I got before I "cheated" and tabbed over to the walk-thru.

It doesn't look like a very long game, maybe 3 hours based on how far I am compared to the walk-thru. I just finished my trial period and didn't hesitate to buy it because I'm having so much fun. Nice artwork, and the story line so far is interesting. I'm not sure about replay value because you will be looking for the same items each time, but for about the price of a fast food burger combo I think it's worth the price!

Great job!
Julie S.

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Jan 10, 10 6:32 AM
Well, I downloaded it twice, and got an error message both times - couldn't even get to the opening cut-scenes.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 10, 10 7:52 AM
judimose wrote:Well, I downloaded it twice, and got an error message both times - couldn't even get to the opening cut-scenes.

Contact Curstomer Support, and they'll walk you through any problems. I'm running on Windows Vista, and I didn't have any problems.

Julie S.

[Post New]by sailngsue on Jan 10, 10 8:44 AM
Can not see game on screen. Tried 2 monitors, downloaded game 2x and even cursed the game Gods. Can here it but no see it. Running win7..... any solution?

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 10, 10 9:06 AM
I'm on Vista and no problem running the game except that it loads slowly.

For HOG devotees like me the game may seem a bit slow in spots – you have to find the puzzles before you can solve them. BUT it is not as slow as a pure Adventure ( “click on everything”) game can be.
The art and mystery have me hooked. I just had a minute to peek and I ended up playing for 45 minutes. I’ll buy it.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jan 10, 10 9:18 AM
I really enjoyed this game, and didn't think I would so much! I was very disappointed when my hour ran out!

The best way I can describe it is like a cross between a HOG and an adventure game like Return to Mysterious Island... the 360 degree spinning aside, it gave excellent all round travelling (but with a very useful map!) and I had to put a bit of thought into how to proceed. Unlike MI, however, it had a voiceover telling you what to do/collect, which was a little annoying as some more intuitive gameplay would have been nice. On the other hand, at least I wasn't stuck wandering around like an idiot wondering what the heck to do or find until I gave up and checked out a walk through, unlike some of the larger file adventure games!

I am not sure that I will buy, until I have an idea of how long gameplay could be. Although the general body of the game (searches, finding items, using them etc) is challenging enough to me, the "gate" puzzles etc are disappointingly easy - I found the MCF ones (DG aside, RTR and Madame Fate have spoilt me!) way harder.... has anyone finished yet who can give me an idea of length?

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jan 10, 10 11:03 AM
sailngsue wrote:Can not see game on screen. Tried 2 monitors, downloaded game 2x and even cursed the game Gods. Can here it but no see it. Running win7..... any solution?
It only works on a monitor with high resolution..On my monitor 1280 it did'nt work, on my laptop 1680/1020 it works !

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 10, 10 1:34 PM
Raska wrote:
sailngsue wrote:Can not see game on screen. Tried 2 monitors, downloaded game 2x and even cursed the game Gods. Can here it but no see it. Running win7..... any solution?
It only works on a monitor with high resolution..On my monitor 1280 it did'nt work, on my laptop 1680/1020 it works !

My monitor is 1024x768 so I set the game through the options to that screen resolution. I run Windows XP and am having no problems with the game at all. It is not sluggish or laggy nor does the cursor skip. I think the video card is more important with games like this. Mine is an NVidia GForce 9800, not the newest, but definitely a good video card for gaming.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Jan 10, 10 6:09 PM
Rachieroos wrote: it gave excellent all round travelling (but with a very useful map!) and I had to put a bit of thought into how to proceed.

Unlike you, I *have* been wandering around like an idiot. Where, pray tell, did you find the map? I can't find it anywhere in the menu.

The blog walkthrough is somewhat helpful, but it leaves a LOT of the navigation instructions out. Right now I'm stuck looking for the screen to look for baskets. The only clue in the walkthrough is "Leave the weighing scale place and back to the land side." I had turned off the 360 degree navigation because it was dizzy-making, and I've clicked arrows left, right, up and down, and can't find any screen which resembles that of the walkthrough at this point. I can't even find a screen where the hits button will load (which has been useful up to this point.)

I love the walkthroughs which help us nerds with simple navigation instructions, such as "arrow down twice, then select the door on the right." Games with *maps* are even better!

Can someone help this dummy find the baskets?

PFC1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by PFC1 on Jan 10, 10 6:22 PM
I am in the room with the Statue Niche in the wall and the locked gate on the left, I have the Hiatus, Shell and disk. I cannot use any item anywhere in the room and I cannot get out of this screen. I have exited the game to comment on this I don't think I will ever get this part. Can anyone help. On page 18 of the walk-through it says go to the double gate which I did, then it tells you, you will get another new task to find a statuette. If I have made a mistake somewhere, why can't I go back outside and check out the weighing scale room. Do I have to start again (for the third time), this is so frustrating I am about to give up, even though I have bought this game. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Jan 10, 10 10:47 PM
I'm really enjoying this game
A good mix of adventure and H.O.
I like the 360 degree viewing because I constantly catch myself trying to peek around the corner of my monitor LOL, needless to say, it doesn't work that way
The puzzles do get harder as the game progress and I wish they would give you a hint or at least a starting point on some of them instead of just a "skip" option (I gave up on the 6 sided dominoes, but if I'd had just one tile in place to start with I know I could have finished it)
The graphics are beautiful, the story is captivating.
I'm no quite finished and I would say that I have at least 3 hours invested of casual play so far.
The only draw back that irritates me is not being able to skip the spoken dialogue as I can read faster than the character can talk.

All in all I think its a great game and a nice change of pace. I'm running Windows xp and have had no problems.

Luvslots
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Luvslots on Jan 11, 10 4:35 AM
I have seen mention of a walkthrough. Where is it?

Tarma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tarma on Jan 11, 10 6:16 AM
Luvslots wrote:I have seen mention of a walkthrough. Where is it?

Go to the discription page for the game where you can "Try" or "Buy". You will see listed the Blog Walkthrough. Click on that.

@Rachieroos - the game for me lasted almost 6 hours. Course some of that time was just wondering around and sticking my nose into everything I could. Go ahead and buy it. IMO it's well worth the $6.99.

Now the 64 dollar question is - When Do We Get Chapter 2? Please don't tell me that we will have to wait a whole year like you do when you are into reading new book trilogies.

Oh yah - everything positive said above I fully agree with. Also, I had no trouble with the 360 mode. I used my arrow keys and that broke up the motion.

Edited on 01/11/2010 at 6:27:42 AM PST

wardfan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum

[Post New]by wardfan on Jan 11, 10 7:03 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Fall Trilogy players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by ElenaLeonor on Jan 11, 10 10:58 AM
In my opinion this game is quite boring! What a shame !

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 11, 10 12:15 PM
frannycats wrote:it gave excellent all round travelling (but with a very useful map!) and I had to put a bit of thought into how to proceed.

Rachieroos wrote:Unlike you, I *have* been wandering around like an idiot. Where, pray tell, did you find the map? I can't find it anywhere in the menu.

The map is in the lower right of the screen. It shows where you've been and where you are currently standing. Mouse-over the things in that lower right area to see what they are.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 11, 10 12:36 PM
I really loved this game, definitely the right mix of adventure, HOG and puzzle, and the graphics are beautiful. I will be looking forward to the next installment! xxx

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jan 11, 10 3:18 PM
Thanks Tarma, I think I will buy it. I was hoping to save a credit for the Sweeney Todd game but as it is a CE I now have to wait for the standard one to come out - hopefully The Fall Trilogy will keep me happy until then...

pixpuflu
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pixpuflu on Jan 11, 10 5:05 PM
After the weighing room I went to the double gate, like the walk through said, placed the statue in the wall but the double gate didn't open. Did I miss something or a step?

Go to: