Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

"Use your adventure skills" (bfgFlounder)

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 10, 10 1:46 AM
Just wanted to warn all IHOGers, that it's pure Adventure game. Without a walkthrough you can hardly move forward, and I hate walkthroughs...

The first feeling was, that I enter into a whirlpool of directions...

I prefer linear (more or less) progress of the game.

Happy gaming to all Adventurers!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:"Use your adventure skills" (bfgFlounder)

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 10, 10 4:50 AM
Love the game.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 10, 10 6:46 AM
I'm happy for all the adventure fans, but I don't undestand why they call it an HOG and get me excited to try a new game. Oh well. Enjoy if it is your cup of tea!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 10, 10 7:19 AM
Off to download the demo, sounds exactly what I like, heavy on puzzles and is an adventure game! YES!!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 10 1:21 PM
This is more of an adventure game more than a IHOG. It has some locations where you have to find 20 pieces of things. When you find the pieces you use them in some sort of puzzle. It has lots of puzzles. The game has a good hint system that makes it easy to find your way through this game and you do not need to use a walkthrough usless you want to.

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 1:23:00 PM PST

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 10, 10 1:39 PM
Not sure where anyone got the idea that this is a HOG as there is nothing in the description that refers to hidden objects. It says "use your adventure skills" and it means it. I love this kind of game... enjoy HOGs as well... and it was what I was expecting. A good game for adventurers, that's for sure! And as LizzieK says, you don't need a walkthrough unless you want to use one because the hint system is good.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 10, 10 5:06 PM
ebbalytle wrote:Not sure where anyone got the idea that this is a HOG as there is nothing in the description that refers to hidden objects. It says "use your adventure skills" and it means it.

You are right, but not everyone reads the description of the game written by the Moderator, that's why I thought it will be good to underline it.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 10, 10 5:23 PM
They think it's a HOG because on the game page, it is listed under HOGs.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Jan 10, 10 5:23 PM
I love this game. It is a challenge for me but that is what I like in an adventure game. Games like this take me days to finish--doing no skips, will work on a puzzle till it whips my **** and give up. I would like to say a big thank you to all of you that write the walk throughs for all the games because sometimes I do need a nudge in the right direction when I cannot figure it out for myself.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Jan 10, 10 11:13 PM
I wouldn't call this an Adventure game.
You hardly "venture" anywhere!!
less than a dozen rooms and puzzles at every turn.
I would say it's 1/3 Puzzle, 1/3 H.O. and 1/3 Adventure
It's a nice mix, gives me something different to do besides strain my eyes at a murky screen (why do all HOG's seem to have at least one screen thats half dark or smokey,hazy? I hate this, it's like you're trying to drive to work in heavy fog ) trying to find miniscule objects. And it lets me exercise my grey matter!!!

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kcojco on Jan 11, 10 7:09 AM
The Fall Trilogy Hidden Object Game - Escape a mysterious temple!

Thats what the email said

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Jan 11, 10 7:49 AM
the game

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 11, 10 12:10 PM
kcojco wrote:
The Fall Trilogy Hidden Object Game - Escape a mysterious temple!

Thats what the email said

Ah. Sorry. Didn't see that part and was a bit confused. Well it doesn't play like a HOG to me. LOL

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 11, 10 8:13 PM
you definitly need a proper walk through. or how else are you going to know to cut a rock in half. or use a whip to scooty pooh to the weigh room.that would be fine if you skip all the puzzles.gates wont open after doing puzzle,you needawalkthroughjust for back up, but there aren't any that contribute to the game.Not the right one anyway found that out.

Go to: