cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

The Fall Trilogy comments and reviews

[Post New]by cche on Jan 10, 10 1:57 AM
I played for 50 minutes or so. Completed 3 puzzles and some progress on a fourth.

It is an interactive adventure with echos of Indiana Jones. Your character knows a fair amount about the things you are dealing with and provides a degree of guidance. Simple hint system with not too bad delay before you get another.

Graphics are good. I am using the 3D free view, wherein one can right click and drag to change her view to face in any direction at all. This takes some getting used to, as at least for me, the mouse controls were counterintuitive. I also get some visual discomfort from the distortions resulting from the technology. Fortunately working slowly and not jerking the controls gives a good working area for puzzle desigh

Puzzles so far are moderate dificulty,given the guidance of your hero
From time to time you discover that some set of items should be found and your progress is stopped until you meet the requirement EG finding all the stone fragments to piece together a cover that fits a puzzle.Once fragments are assembled, you aquire additional capabilities...

I plan to buy, and to report back here with a more complete report
Music, ambient sounds, ...
I got truncated!
I think I meant to say that the music and ambient sounds fit well and didn't irritate.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 2:01:35 PM PST

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

Re:The Fall Trilogy comments and reviews

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Jan 10, 10 2:34 AM
Played for 60 minutes, no problems what so ever. Very very nice graphics, intriguing story, hint system not used yet. You come back in the game where you have left off.

For me a definite buy, adios credit.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 10, 10 3:20 AM
I'm typically not a big fan of adventure games. Personally, I find them too confusing but I totally understand how others find them appealing. Just as I expected, I was completely lost right away. I actually gave up after seven minutes and contemplated uninstalling the game but due to insomnia, I decided to give it another try. I continued to be lost and confused but at least I began to make some progress.

I liked that it was heavy on puzzles and I loved that you had the option to either read or not read the instructions for each one. The sound effects were not intrusive and although the guy's narration was a bit annoying, at times he was somewhat helpful.

Although my frustration led me to want to shut the game off again, I never did. I was just getting immersed into the game when I thought my computer crashed, I couldn't believe it was actually the end of the trial. That hour really flew by!

Long story short, once I got the hang of it I really liked it. It definitely opened up my mind about how fun the adventure genre could be.

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 3:30:55 AM PST

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jan 10, 10 3:31 AM
sorry this not for me too got to keep going to walthrough i love adventure games but this one mybe try again later besstan

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 10, 10 3:40 AM
Mookhebbe wrote:Played for 60 minutes, no problems what so ever.

"Jealousy, night and day you torture me.
I sometimes wonder if this spell that I’m under"
(Frankie Laine)

-

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 3:57:50 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 10, 10 3:50 AM
Maybe I was expecting a bit more as I had read good reviews but I am a bit disappointed with this game.
I think it is the lack of different areas to explore- they all are quite similar. The puzzles are good and I am intrigued what the guy is doing there but there is something lacking here.

[Post New]by jenny3 on Jan 10, 10 3:58 AM
I love the game and have bought it .Now I am stuck on the double gates,is there a walkthrough?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 10, 10 4:01 AM
jenny3 wrote:I love the game and have bought it .Now I am stuck on the double gates,is there a walkthrough?

The link to the walkthrough is on the game-download-page:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-fall-trilogy-walkthrough/

[Post New]by jenny3 on Jan 10, 10 4:06 AM
Thanks DD. Will do that but better get lunch first. I could starve to death sometimes if I get engrossed in a game

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 10, 10 4:08 AM

Most welcome LOL, yep - enjoy your meal!

jenny3 wrote:Thanks DD. Will do that but better get lunch first. I could starve to death sometimes if I get engrossed in a game

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 10, 10 4:13 AM
NO NO NO!

I want 'The White House". This game is just too complicated 'for me'.
I find it dark and having to complete goals all the time just makes me feel pressured.
It's more of an Adventure than a Interactive HOG.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 10, 10 5:50 AM
Pure Adventure game. A little lacking in story, heavy on the puzzles. Lots of hint systems built in which is pretty cool, though it does entice one to give up working on something sooner. Well *this* one anyway.

Gorgeous graphics, clean and bright. Good sound, though the voice actor is rather flat in tone and I'm getting a little tired of his voice. I had to speed up my cursor as it was sluggish, but my mouse lets me do that on the fly so no biggie. LOVE that there is the option of "free look" rather than having to click arrows.

Puzzles are tougher for me than the Gamezebo review had implied or I'm just slower than the reviewer. Definitely a challenge. Cool that some, if you reset, give you the option of an easier version or to skip all together.

Still on the fence about this one as I tend to stall out on tougher Adventure Games and then they gather dust. But... prolly will end up buying. Good game.

Surly1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Surly1 on Jan 10, 10 5:54 AM
Was unable to play this one. Came up totally garbled.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jan 10, 10 6:27 AM
Wow, oh wow, oh wow!
Yes, oh yes, oh yes!!
LOVE IT!
Majorly enjoy mind teasers that offer great artful scenes; interactive puzzles & movement; along with challenge.
5 Stars on this game, for sure.

The "SKIP" option is very helpful for times my brain is overworked or in a 'chill out' mood. KUDOS to the game creaters.

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jan 10, 10 6:52 AM
I have solved the weghts and replaced the statue and opened one of the gates. Can't find the gears! And there are no hints! How do I get the hints to work?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 10, 10 6:55 AM
I am sure many fishie will enjoy this game, but it is nothing really for me. I don`t like games, where I need to use a walkthrough.

Diat60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Diat60 on Jan 10, 10 7:12 AM
I'm curious about the title, specifically the word "Trilogy". Does this mean there are two more parts of the game coming or is this all there is?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 10, 10 7:28 AM
Question: Where does "Trilogy" come in? Are you getting three individual games, or three games in one, or whatever...?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 10, 10 7:30 AM
This game is Chapter 1, so 2 more games to come in the trilogy

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 10, 10 7:32 AM
do not like the narrow screen, i hate the floating cursor, way too much boring narration.

Go to: