Babs12
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Another Sale Lost

[Post New]by Babs12 on Jan 10, 10 5:39 AM
For the simple reason of not being able to disable the custom cursor. Why oh why can't the developers make this an option. Can it be that hard to do?

Most of the time when the custom cursor does not work for me and the option to disable is available, I am able to play the game with no problem and I purchase the game.

Perhaps I am wrong to assume these games are created to sell. Maybe they are just being created to give people something to do and keep them off the streets. Who knows?

This game looked like it could be a good one. The graphics were great. I am disappointed not to be able to play because of the cursor.

Grrrrrrr

Re:Another Sale Lost

[Post New]by purplehaze32117 on Jan 10, 10 6:04 AM
same here it looked like a good game too but it was so hard to click on anything it was horrible no sale here

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 10, 10 7:36 AM
ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Jan 10, 10 7:40 AM
I just couldn't believe all the clicking I had to do to find a statuette. After a few minutes, just deleted the game.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jan 10, 10 10:39 AM
I have to agree with my fellow fishies here. The cursor was driving me nuts (and for me, that's saying something ) I just can't work a game when the cursor is floating around so much it makes it hard to click on anything! It's a shame, too, because I think I could really enjoy this game, but the cursor makes it a losing proposition.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 10, 10 10:45 AM
I gave up too. And I know my puter is pretty ancient. But very often if I can unclick the custom cursor, life is a lot easier. I couldn't so I quit.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jan 10, 10 11:29 AM
I am going to wait until all three are out. This does feel like a larger game broken into 3 from the walkthrough and what I am guessing about the map, the mystery is not solved, and I do not want to have a break in continuity. Just charge $21 if that's what they want to do and give me the whole game.

Other than that, graphics great, puzzles hard with options to dummy down if you want. I had no trouble with the curser. I happen to like the 360, so that was fun too.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 10, 10 11:59 AM
Boring, boring, boring...And the cursor was drunk. Could not force myself to finish the hour! Even free would be too much for this one

soussic
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by soussic on Jan 10, 10 12:02 PM
I met no problem with the cursor.
Seems to be a good game anyway just plaed the trial for 1 hour.

hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hubbasa on Jan 10, 10 1:13 PM
When you have a problem with the custom cursor do you try to change your screen resolution? Liked the fact that this game had various resolutions to try. I just finished the complete story.. Very Cool! Like the Dream Chronicles trilogy. Anyway, higher resolutions use more memory which makes custom cursors jerkier.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 10 1:27 PM
I have an old computer and sometimes I have problems with the video aspects of a game. But in this game in the OPTIONS I set the game resolution to 1024 x 768 and I did not have any problems.

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 1:28:17 PM PST

ManuelCalavera
Shark
Shark
12,542 Posts

[Post New]by ManuelCalavera on Jan 10, 10 5:48 PM
LizzieK wrote:I have an old computer and sometimes I have problems with the video aspects of a game. But in this game in the OPTIONS I set the game resolution to 1024 x 768 and I did not have any problems.

Thanks, LizzieK! That worked for me.

Babs12
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by Babs12 on Jan 11, 10 7:24 AM
LizzieK wrote:I have an old computer and sometimes I have problems with the video aspects of a game. But in this game in the OPTIONS I set the game resolution to 1024 x 768 and I did not have any problems.

Thanks, LizzieK, for your tip. I changed the resolution and it did make the cursor work much better UNTIL I get into an area and it started acting up again. I am going to try and get through this area and maybe the cursor will work again.

If not, I'm going to give up and uninstall.

[Post New]by blackberrypatch on Jan 11, 10 1:12 PM
I agree - lost a lot of time with his talking that could not be stopped - usually clicking ends the chatter ... took up a lot of trial time!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 10 1:48 PM
Are there any graphics options in the game itself?

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 11, 10 2:10 PM
Hi folks,

I have noticed that this game requires quite a bit of resources, so there are a few things that you may want to do if you're experiencing slowness in-game

* Make sure you have the latest updates to your computer. My game was very choppy at first, then upon exiting I noticed I had a pending update in my system tray. After running the update, it ran much more smoothly.

* Ensure that you also have the latest versions of your video card drivers, DirectX and Shockwave. Click here to read more about how to do this.

* Disable other programs. If you're on Vista, you may want to try disabling Aero.

* As others have mentioned, try changing the in-game resolution settings. If the resolution doesn't match up with your monitor resolution, it can cause some slowness.

I hope this helps!

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by momoftoad on Jan 11, 10 11:40 PM
I was having cursor problems too - but that generally indicates a lack of memory space. I went out and deleted a bunch of older BF games (the really big ones!) and did a general disc cleanup and everything works fine now. I love BF because I can remove anything off my computer but the record of sale stays on their server and I can re-load at any time!

Go to: