MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Jerky, Jerky, Jerky!

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Jan 10, 10 8:09 AM
Two days in a row and two games that don't play properly.
My PC is less than a year old and I should not be having these problems.
What's up BF?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Jerky, Jerky, Jerky!

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 10, 10 8:14 AM
Have you updated your graphics driver and made sure all your Microsoft updates are done? That usually cures a myriad of problems for me. You might also make sure your Direct X/Flash/Java are up-to-date. Not sure what is needed, but those three are biggies for games in general, though I think Java more so for online games.

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 8:15:47 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jan 10, 10 8:51 AM
Same problem for me. Direct X and graphics drivers are up to date, plenty of RAM. It's probably the custom cursor (that feature has caused problems in the past), but there doesn't appear to be a way to disable it.

It looks like an intriguing game, but I won't be purchasing it.

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kimflight on Jan 10, 10 10:15 AM
The cursor was like trying to point with a balloon. Stopped as soon as it let me get to the menu. This game looks like it might be fun. Too bad. Hope they fix the cursor soon.

bevat
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bevat on Jan 10, 10 11:32 AM
Very Jerky here too. Does seem like a good game. Wonder if downloading it again would help? My computer is new too and have never had this problem before and we purchase a lot of games.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Jan 10, 10 1:10 PM
I quit the demo because my curser just seemed to have a mind of it's own. Slow and floaty....out of my control. I hate there's problems with the games lately. I really would like to play "The White House". I didn't get a chance to see if I would like this one.

KATPOR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KATPOR on Jan 10, 10 4:20 PM
I have NVIDA graphics driver and in the NVIDA console I select "let 3D games select setting" and I changed by theme to Windows Basic....it's an old trick, but it worked. When I went back into the game, by cursor wasn't floating all over the screen and I could navigate the 360 display without the jerkyness.

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Jan 12, 10 10:25 AM
Thanks for all the help fishies!!! Deleted, then waited a couple of days. Works okay now!

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 12, 10 5:46 PM
KATPOR wrote:I have NVIDA graphics driver and in the NVIDA console I select "let 3D games select setting" and I changed by theme to Windows Basic....it's an old trick, but it worked. When I went back into the game, by cursor wasn't floating all over the screen and I could navigate the 360 display without the jerkyness.

I have NVDIA -- where is the console?

PS: I think I found the console, but don't see anywhere to select "let 3D games select setting". And, where do you change your theme back to WIndows Basic?

Edited on 01/12/2010 at 5:55:33 PM PST

djhanshew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by djhanshew on Jan 13, 10 11:38 AM
I love playing this game, but I do hate all the problems. I tried doing the full screen and the 360 but my cursor just stops working and goes outside the game. If I stay in full screen, there's no where to click to go anywhere. I have purchased all of the games and have never had problems like this. Now when I try to play it just crashes and doesn't respond and I have to hit Cen Alt Del to get out. PLEASE FIX THIS GAME. I've already bought it and can't play....now that sucks!

Go to: