[Post New]by wemmy1 on May 9, 16 8:51 PM
does anyone know how to get this achievement

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Run fast or die

[Post New]by tookat on May 10, 16 6:56 AM
it is the game where there are two skulls on either side....one has oxygen running out, the other poison gas filling it up.

I don't know if it is possible to beat the game on hard mode....the oxygen goes really fast.....and it took me too long to figure out the second part of the game while on the timer.

I am now playing the bonus level over, and I have written down the steps for parts 1 & 2 of the game from the SG, so I can finish the game before the gas kills me.....and, get the award.

I guess one could also memorize the steps of each part of the puzzle.....
and some people might just be brilliant at puzzles.
Me? I have no compunction about 'cheating'

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on May 11, 16 10:50 PM
I actually beat it on my 1st try on hard mode. I didn't think I was going to. I had a hard time with the first part, putting that picture together. By the time I got to the next part, I was almost out of oxygen and the gas was not too far from being filled. I wrote down on a piece of paper the solution to the second part & took a screenshot of the second solution. I still have to play the main game again to hit the soccer ball in the goal 3 times. Tookat, I didn't read your reply to score 3 goals? thread until I passed it. No big deal to play the main game again. I liked it and I can skip all the games if I want to. I've played all the games so far & I'm not going to skip what's left, so, I should get that achievement at the end.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on May 13, 16 10:08 PM
Took me 3 attempts to complete it on hard mode - the second puzzle slowed me both times, and on the third attempt i only just made it

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on May 14, 16 12:21 AM
I was so surprised I beat it the 1st time. I kept telling myself I wouldn't make it. Having written down the 2nd solution & taking a screenshot of the 2nd solution helped. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it. The 1st part putting the picture together took most of my time. I couldn't figure out what went were and that's when the gas was almost to the top and the oxygen was almost out. I knew when the guide said to take the book, that this was the puzzle with the Run, Fast, Or Die achievement. So, what happens when the gas is to the top and the oxygen is gone? Do you die? If so, does it start you out in that room?

Edited on 05/14/2016 at 12:22:16 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 14, 16 7:01 PM
><<So, what happens when the gas is to the top and the oxygen is gone? Do you die? If so, does it start you out in that room? >>

If I remember correctly....BOTH.
Basically, we are already dead.....and trying to save other souls to get our life back right?
I remember "passing out" and then doing the 'eye opening' wake up thing that has become such a meme in these games.....and being in s a safe location......and being told how important it was that I get that book and defeat the bad guy.

Funny thing, is I found the first part really easy....you just have to match up what you see on the outer perimeter ......starting with a 'badge" and a Belt.....then you make sure the top of the wings leaves a gap in between for the skull....and the wings fall into place relatively easily.

A screen shot would have helped a great deal in the second part. What did you do Jaldear, print it out or open it on an extra pad or notebook? Or was there a way of doing side my side windows with the game?

Once I read and copied the solution to the second part, I realized it can be done quite easily, IF you know the order in which to move the circles.
Now, all I need to do is figure out why I have a runtime error preventing me from playing the game again.....sigh.

Someone asked me if I knew whether the achievement can even be gotten in causal mode? Does anyone know?
I would certainly prefer doing casual, even though I have the answers to do it on hard. I am not lazy, but prefer taking my time at things and relaxing as much as I can.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on May 14, 16 9:12 PM
What I do in all hidden objects games is uncheck full screen first. Then on any of those mini-games, I do control+print screen & bring it up in paint. I either leave it up in paint or I save it for future use if I play again. Much easier. That's what I did with this mini-game. Before I got to it, I did that control+print screen and opened it up in paint and left it that way (I didn't save the jpg of it) and wrote down on a piece of paper the solution to the second part, which didn't take but seconds to do. It was that first part I had a hard time with. That's why I didn't think I'd make it considering the gas wasn't too far from being filled and the oxygen was down quite a bit. I was relieved when I got it on the first try, so, I didn't have to mess with it again. My husband fixes computers for a living and I asked him about that runtime error. He says it's a problem with your computer. As for casual, I don't know if you can or not. You'd have to start a new profile and play through the main game again just to get to the bonus and see. All I remember is during solving the 1st part with the picture, I changed the game mode since I thought it was on casual, beat that, that second part didn't take any time at all then I beat it and that run fast or die achievement came up and that skeleton was running across the screen. Me too, I like to take my time and relax and not be stressed on trying to solve a game on a time limit.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 14, 16 11:06 PM
I usually don't even buy a game anymore if I see there are time limits.
I don't like over-clicking penalties either.

I just finished reinstalling Redemption since it was the only game I seem to be having trouble with....and, I am about to open it and try playing.
Wish me luck.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 14, 16 11:26 PM
Yay.....It is running.
I've already done one puzzle and looked at my achievements and they are all there, waiting for me to add "fun free or die"....
um..."run fast or die"?
That is probably it.
Now, to dig out my pad where I wrote down the part two solution.
Thinking maybe I should open the mini-game and practice winning it before I reach that point in the game.

thanks to ERS for making it possible just to replay the bonus and not the entire game.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on May 15, 16 2:29 AM
Yay....glad you got it running. Good luck - hope you get run fast or die achievement. That's what I like about ERS - you can replay either just the main game or the bonus any time you want and still keep your achievements. I love all the Redemption Cemetery Games. I have all 8 of them. Their Clock Of Fate game (the one right before this one), had achievements as well. The only one that was hard was the T & H puzzle you had to solve on hard mode. And wouldn't you know there was an achievement for it. Took to too long to figure it out, but, I finally did and got that achievement. That's a good idea, play it in the Extras first right before you get there. I'd do that first, then grab the book. I noticed when I played as soon as you grab that book the door closes and the room starts filling up with that gas.

Edited on 05/15/2016 at 2:29:46 AM PST

[Post New]by mermaidlove66 on Jul 16, 16 6:47 PM
yes it can be done on casual

Go to: