samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Hints not available at all.

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 10, 10 11:08 AM
Anybody else having problems with the Hint system? I got none. It's not available at all. I used it at the beginning, no problem, it was replenishing slowly but it was there. The shiny halo around the guy on bottom right of the screen is black, nothing's happening.

Maybe it's available in certain areas or certain tasks. I REALLY need a hint here.

Thanks for your help.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Hints not available at all. Need help.

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 10, 10 12:14 PM
Please, someone? I really need help with the Hint button? Am I the only one having this "problem", if it is a problem.

Thanks again...

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Hints not available at all.

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jan 10, 10 1:25 PM
samwise, I have the same problem. It worked for a while, then - no more. And I need it now!

[Post New]by karen18670 on Jan 10, 10 1:53 PM
Same problem. It's not available at all. Not even slowly. Worked perfectly before I got to the weight puzzle.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 10, 10 2:02 PM
The hints only work in the "search" mode, that is if you are searching for something like the parts of the pulleys or the bits of the stone tablet. Then, it only works in the "room" where the objects are located. For example, if you are in the pit and need to find the baskets, you need to exit the pit to another area before you get the list of things to find and the hints.

Julie S.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 10, 10 4:29 PM
Sinshack, you're right, it doesn't work all the time, makes sense but it took me a while to figure it out. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled.
Anyway, I finished. As I said it was tough. I'm not used to real adventure games. Lots of brain cells not used to be put to work. I made it in 6 hours, used lots of hints, consulted the walkthrough 3 times, reset puzzles to easy mode. Not very good as you can see.
I'm not giving up though. I'll play again. I want to improve my score.
Loved it, really. Can't wait for chapter 2.
Thank you and Kheops.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Jan 10, 10 11:04 PM
Sinsack is right, the hint system only works in the H.O. parts of the game.

However, there is another hint system on the bottom left hand side that can give you an idea of what to do next.
Click on the bar on the left that says "Tasks" a menu pops up.
then click on the question mark in the upper left corner of this menu. Some green smoke comes out and if you click on one of the tasks it MAY give you a hint as to what to do next.
I hope that helps, I found this by accident.

[Post New]by server89 on Jan 11, 10 4:57 PM
IF YOU HIT THE TASK BAR YOU WILL SEE A ?+ YOU CAN USE THAT FOR HINTS. IT WILL SAY NO CLUE AVAILABLE OR TELL YOU WHAT TO DO

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 28, 10 2:31 PM
mszoomy, thank you for the indication. This is very helpful

And, thank you server89, this is also something I will try.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 28, 10 3:04 PM
mszoomy wrote:Sinsack is right, the hint system only works in the H.O. parts of the game.

However, there is another hint system on the bottom left hand side that can give you an idea of what to do next.
Click on the bar on the left that says "Tasks" a menu pops up.
then click on the question mark in the upper left corner of this menu. Some green smoke comes out and if you click on one of the tasks it MAY give you a hint as to what to do next.
I hope that helps, I found this by accident.

I kept clicking on that ? and gazed in wonder at the green smoke coming out. I kept looking to see if it would trail off somewhere helpful. Never did figure it out. I finished the game now and guess I didn't need it. Although it would have saved me a trip or two to the walkthrough. It would have been nice if it had been explained.

Go to: