sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Stuck and can go no further without help

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 10, 16 8:21 AM
First, I believe since I just bought this game last week, that this is an updated version and so may have different correct answers than the older one. Upon watching video walkthroughs, noticed a maze door shown to enter to get to a specific room does not allow me to enter it in my game.

That said, the first issue is I have done everything in the caterpillar room/kitchen (per several walkthroughs as well as the hint system) but after talking to it, giving it 2 rings, and getting the key from it, it refuses to pull the lever which will raise steps near window (allowing me to get to the new area) nor open the door in floor. I even started an entire new game to see if it would work the way videos show it doing, no use. Still can't get past that area.

Second issue, video walkthroughs in the library never show getting the key from rubik's cube area. I fear without knowledge how to do this, I also am prevented from continuing into some other area.

The maze issue is I cannot get to the toy room since video shows how to get there and it doesn't work in my game version.

I hate not getting to finish games and realize this is an old forum but hoping somebody who has played the game through can help me. I have scoured the web, read all threads here, but these issues are not addressed. Okay to pm me but it might be helpful to post responses here in case any other gamer decided to try this game (via bfg suggestion like me) and needs the help as well.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Stuck and can go no further without help

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Jul 10, 16 8:37 AM
After getting a new laptop I decided to try again to play this game hoping that the "glitch" in the caterpillar room would not happen. Well it did, but I think I understand why now: the 3 items caterpillar first asks Violett about I do not yet have. I only have the one from the bathroom. So I think that until I do the other rooms that give me the other 2, that is why it will not open the floor and raise steps to window.

Alas, the other issues remain. I have to try and figure out how to get to the toy room as all available walkthrough videos show a different door than my game. If I use the walkthrough videos for finding it from the maze, I simply come out somewhere else in the maze.

Also, looking through Steam forums on the game, a lot of people got stuck in the library after the game update. My problem is similar, though it is my 1st time in the library and very early in the game. I was able to give 2 pieces of candy to get the kids to fly a block up to the ladder, but trying to give the 3rd/final piece: I get the hand symbol in inventory and grab the candy and drag it down to last kid; nothing happens, inventory still shows 1 piece of candy and trying to select anything from that point on never gives a hand symbol, only arrow. Back out of game and try again, same thing repeatedly happens. I saw no responses thus far searching that forum that would reveal a fix for this.

Windows 10
Intel i7 6th gen
Nvidia GeForce gtx 965M
8 gb ram

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Stuck and can go no further without help

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Jul 20, 16 2:12 PM
I guess you and I are the only two people in the world playing this right now. Did you get the 3 candies to give to the ants--or whatever they are? I'm struggling, too, but in different areas. Where are you now? Maybe we can help each other.

Go to: