bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 11, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jan 11, 10 12:39 AM
I downloaded and started to play but it run's so slow and jerky that I can't play it.Why do some game's do this? other's run fine, but once in a while I get one that is just terrible.

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Jan 11, 10 12:49 AM
@ Claudett

1 - Welcome to the pond

2 - Maybe you should edit your message and delete your personal information, this is a public forum. If you go to the bottom of the page there is a , it is better to ask this question in a more private setting. (Only thing you are not mentioning is your bank password )

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Jan 11, 10 1:23 AM
cece2u45 wrote:I downloaded and started to play but it run's so slow and jerky that I can't play it.Why do some game's do this? other's run fine, but once in a while I get one that is just terrible.

Yes, I have the same prob. Maybe BFG will get a fix for this. I used up 20 min. just to enter my name and options. How about it BFG can we get a fix?????

Edited on 01/11/2010 at 1:25:58 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 11, 10 1:26 AM
It played fine for me...so much so that I forgot that I was just doing the demo, lol. So I bought it and dang it, it didn't save like the games usually do, so I have to play it all over again from the beginning. I hate doing that as it is not much fun to go back and do what you just finished doing. A whole hour wasted.

[Post New]by chris215c on Jan 11, 10 1:46 AM
l'm having the same problem it took me ten min to enter my name, the arrow button is all over the place,l gave up after that

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 11, 10 2:45 AM
claudett wrote:[personal info removed by moderator]

Hi Carol,
I know it's none of my business but couldn't ignore the fact that you could be leaving yourself open to nasty repercussions! You should never give your personal details in a forum (or anywhere on the www)! Not only do you leave yourself open to online /offline fraud, but also for any weirdo to call you, trace your address etc etc.
Would be wise to edit your post and remove your Tel no. If you contact customer services they'll help you with your lost card problem.

Edited on 01/11/2010 at 10:34:24 AM PST

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Jan 11, 10 2:45 AM
chris215c wrote:l'm having the same problem it took me ten min to enter my name, the arrow button is all over the place,l gave up after that

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 11, 10 2:48 AM
joy4u wrote:
chris215c wrote:l'm having the same problem it took me ten min to enter my name, the arrow button is all over the place,l gave up after that

Me too. Cursor all over the place. That's two games in a row that I've had the same problem with. Really frustrating as both look to be buyable games. When are game producers going to listen and give a 'turn off custom cursor' button as standard? They must lose a potential fortune for the sake of a little option like this.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 11, 10 2:51 AM
claudett wrote: [personal info removed by moderator]

not an offensive post but i reported it as one, so the mods will get in here and see this asap after work starts for them, they can edit delete or whatever because it looks like carol won't be back to do it, she is just waiting for to call her

Edited on 01/11/2010 at 10:34:41 AM PST

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Jan 11, 10 4:37 AM
Would the mods please delete the posts of those who actually replied to the post with personal information in it? It includes all the information that they themselves feel should be deleted.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Jan 11, 10 5:04 AM
Caring fish:
Don't forget to delete the quoted part of your message since the info is there as well.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 11, 10 5:38 AM
Downloaded and played fine for me

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 11, 10 5:40 AM
belamba wrote:Hi Carol,
I know it's none of my business but couldn't ignore the fact that you could be leaving yourself open to nasty repercussions! You should never give your personal details in a forum (or anywhere on the www)! Not only do you leave yourself open to online /offline fraud, but also for any weirdo to call you, trace your address etc etc.
Would be wise to edit your post and remove your Tel no. If you contact customer services they'll help you with your lost card problem.

Belamba, in that case it would be wise not to quote the troublesome information. That way you endanger the user too, even when (s)he edits out (or deletes) the post.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Jan 11, 10 5:42 AM
I cant say I enjoyed this game one little bit. No real challenge. Not bad if you want a mindless relax.

[Post New]by blueberryhillbob on Jan 11, 10 6:32 AM
It don't work for me either. (Mary Kay)
I also bought the game The White House I like it but it didn't take much time
to finish it. they need to make the games longer.or harder.

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Jan 11, 10 7:43 AM
The dialog was incredibly boring and the game play was unchallenging. I won't be purchasing.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Jan 11, 10 8:03 AM
This was so boring I uninstalled it after 5 mins.

sablesue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sablesue on Jan 11, 10 8:18 AM
I had heard this was a pretty good game. I have to say, I disagree. First, the 'talking' is very annoying. Graphics are very good and hints are fairly generous. A really different kind of game, not for me, but I can see that people would really like it, those who may want a relatively easy hidden object game without all the interaction to it. While not a sale for me, I did enjoy my free trial.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Jan 11, 10 8:25 AM
I had the same problem with it being jerky, so no demo playing for me...

Go to: