Mirrors

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Mirrors

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jan 11, 10 8:58 AM
Even with walkthrough find it impossible to get mirrors right,got first 1 on tripod but can't get it to point where it supposed to,any suggestions ??? please help am dying to finish game which so far has been ok but really stuck on this

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Mirrors

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 12, 10 1:25 AM
Sorry in same position I have resorted to the walkthrough and there is no way re the walkthrough that the third mirror is going towards the column room I have had to give up. I feel so so stupid I had to go back and forth with a walkthrough as I seem to get stuck all the time I love puzzles but I also like them to make sense,

I am 50/50 on this game the concept of the game with the puzzles good but better direction would be better, rather than having to get out and go back in again via walkthrough. looks like another not finished.

Cheers
lineck

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jan 12, 10 3:04 AM
I am stuck on the mirrors too. I usually do not like to complain about a game, but this puzzle isn't fun, it is frustrating. I will not finish this game either and I will look at the walk through before I purchase any more games in this series to be sure I can finish.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 12, 10 3:10 AM
I am stuck here also. Can't someone give us a detailed way to get them done? I hate it when I can't finish a game because of one puzzle. HeLLLLLLLLp, Please.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 12, 10 4:58 AM
I did it! I did it! I followed the walkthrough explicitly and exactly as it showed and great day I did it. Hooray for me!!!!

[Post New]by 60misty99 on Jan 12, 10 5:45 AM
bbelle wrote:I did it! I did it! I followed the walkthrough explicitly and exactly as it showed and great day I did it. Hooray for me!!!!

How did you get the mirrors to work? I've got the first one going into the fresco, but in there one of them points straight up into the sky. Is that the first mirror to go to?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 12, 10 7:32 AM
Set all the mirrors exactly like the walkthru. They may seem to go skyward and everywhere else but if you set them like the pictures (in walkthru) you wiill get them right. Good Luck!!

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 12, 10 2:13 PM
Way to go bBelle, I was having trouble also. but Like you I studied the walk through and payed attention to the pictures , it took a while but I got through it.You have to have the walk through for this one,I printed it out from big fish, without it I would have just given up.It is hard to describe how the light beams need to go.on paper.Please be kind to yourself and check out the walk through.

[Post New]by Julis109 on Jan 13, 10 3:52 AM
Thanks to you all for your confidence! The walkthrough layout for the mirrors works. I wish I could've been able to solve it without it though. It would've been better if you could see where the light went and set up the mirrors for yourself. I prefer to do games without the walkthrough - though i had to use it on the jug puzzle too. Turned out i just had 2 round the wrong way - still not sure why! Anyway - good game if not a little short.

nanapat627
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nanapat627 on Jan 13, 10 5:10 AM
I'm happy for all you people that managed the mirrors because i sure can't. I have 2 walkthrus in front of me and they aren't helping me at all. I guess this will be another game i can't finish.my mirror will not reach into the column room no matter what I do.

[Post New]by Julis109 on Jan 13, 10 5:55 AM
Mine didn't do that either until I'd got all the mirrors set up as they said in the walkthrough. It was all wrong and I set up the last mirror and everything clicked into place. I had problems with the ones in the column room myself. There's no way to work it out on your own which I find frustrating. Just reading the walkthrough is no fun. Keep at it!

Edited on 01/13/2010 at 5:56:28 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 13, 10 7:20 AM
I'm glad I was able to help. The mirrors really had me stumped. But I have to admit I did use the walkthrough more than once. I guess I'm slow on the solving side. I am going to play again and see if I need it as much.

nanapat627
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nanapat627 on Jan 13, 10 12:47 PM
Surprise!!!!! I did it too just sat and played around looking at the walkthru and it worked. Thanks everyone for the tips. I just finished the game. WHEW!!!!

[Post New]by hobgoblin1 on Jan 17, 10 4:15 AM
Ha Ha I have a mirror left over and I cannot for the life of me find where it is supposed to go yet the game seemed to think that i have placed all the mirrors

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Jan 17, 10 4:41 AM
I had been playing without the 360 but shifted to 360 for the mirrors. Seemed to be a little easier to figure out where all those beams were going when I could look all around.

It was fun.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 21, 10 2:58 PM
I am disappointed that it seems impossible to do the mirrors without the walkthrough. A similar puzzle that you could have logically worked out on your own would have been more fun. It was just visually too confusing. I tried it using the walkthrough and got all the way to the ninth mirror in the columns room. Thought I had it set right, but it didn't reach the one in the tripod room. Thought I could backtrack and try a different setting for the ninth one but for some reason the light was no longer reaching that one. Oh well. I'll try it again. No choice if I want to complete the game. I was loving the game right up to the mirrors.

Avalon, I'll give your 360 view a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 3:00:14 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 21, 10 3:34 PM
I did it and Avalon you were right. It is a lot easier using the 360 view.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jan 21, 10 3:43 PM
stuck too! Ahhh but a good suggestion ..I will revert back to the 360 ... to see if that will work any better.... as far as the walkthrough goes ... couldn't make heads or tails out of it. Even tried to double click to get the pic bigger ... didn't work.

Thanks for the tip on going back to the 360 ...

Judy

StewieG23
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by StewieG23 on Jan 22, 10 6:05 PM
Found this puzzle easier than some of the others. Every time I adjusted a mirror, I looked around to see where the beam went. I kept adjusting until the beam went to another mirror in the same room or through a door untill another room.

Yes I agree that the 360 mode is the way to go for this puzzle.
Good luck.

jayel48
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by jayel48 on May 18, 11 4:35 PM
I know it defies all logic, but in the fresco room, if you point the mirror so the light goes straight up, the beam ends up in the columns room - pointed at a mirror. If you point it in what "looks like" the right direction, it ends up un the room with the statue protected by acid. Go figure.....it only took me two hours! and a lot of frustration to work this out.

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 9:35:53 PM PST

Go to: