annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

A review... of sorts

[Post New]by annatar on Jan 11, 10 12:55 PM
From the pictures it looked like an arcade platform game, which I'm not too keen on, but since it was the daily deal I decided to give it a try anyway.

I nearly gave up already at the start up screen, when I discovered that there was no option to turn off the horribly annoying "carnival music". But after muting my loudspeakers I decided to give it another chance.

Well, I lasted for a total 6 minutes - and that was out of sheer stubborn-ness. Otherwise I would have given it up after 2 minutes.

What did I dislike?
- The horrible music that cannot be turned down or off
- The menu buttons are difficult to activate, since you have to hover the custom cursor JUST RIGHT over them to make them light up.
- Your character, a burning dynamite stick I think, can only move by using your arrow keys to turn arrows on the board in the right direction. You can't control his speed or stop him once he's started moving. For the first 2-3 levels it worked ok, but this quickly became bothersome when various moving obstacles turned up - and the controls suddenly got inverted. If he ran into one of them or was swept off the board, he was transported back to the beginning of the board and you had to start all over again. After playing a couple of levels umpteen times before making it to the finish, I was thorougly sick and tired of the game - and the highly annoying music didn't exactly help.

I had 54 minutes left of my hour trial when I deleted it, and that was more than enough. There was nothing whatsoever that I liked with this game. This must be one of the worst games I've ever tried out. It was annoying, boring and awful - and then I'm being kind.

Edited on 01/12/2010 at 5:11:34 AM PST

Go to: