kyada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper

[Post New]by kyada on Jan 11, 10 7:06 PM
I've been very happy with Big Fish Games up to now. This game is terrible. The mystery part of the story line is good, but it fits poorly into fixing up the house. When a part of the mystery needs immediate attention, Mary Kay is back to fixing up the house. The story ends suddenly, without resolving the crime. There is nothing about the house being returned to its "former glory", she and her mother don't have the dinner at the Country Club, or the "bad guys" being caught. If the developers are working on a sequel, forget it! You should have done a better job the first time around. Don't waste your time on this one!

DRG_Ben
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper

[Post New]by DRG_Ben on Jan 11, 10 8:05 PM
If you enjoyed the story, please check out the full book for a more character and event rich narrative. You can find it at online sellers like amazon or read about it at the Mary Kay Andrews website. The FBI catches Alex's admission at the church, at the last level, and the house has basically already been fixed up. I do agree with you that a wrap up scene would've been great. Thanks for the feedback kyada.

[Post New]by bluerosebat on Jan 13, 10 5:32 AM
Sorry I truly don't mean to be rude, but we shouldn't have to "buy a book" in order to see the GAME we are playing have a satisfactory end should we? I like others was VERY disappointed with the abrupt and unfinished end to the game. I was enjoying it up until then but wanted to see the results of my "fixer-upper" skills.
Sorry BFG...this is a dud

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 13, 10 6:11 AM
Sounds to me like the main purpose of this game is not to sell the game but to sell the book! I think there's probably a good reason so many fishies have never heard of this author if this game's storyline is any indication of her writing talents. I'm actually getting kind of insulted that devs think they're pandering to the main demographic of casual gamers by throwing out romance novels disguised as games. This isn't HS.

Now, if a dev wanted to make a decent HOG out of a decent author like Lee Child, I'd be all over that. I could even do Jennifer Cruisie b/c her books are at least funny, or Bertrice Small for the historical & intrigue aspects of her novels. Just b/c most casual gamers are female doesn't mean in our downtime we're lollygagging on the sofa eating bonbons & devouring thinly plotted romance novels. I don't know a single woman in my demographic who cares about such things. I'd rather read a history book.

Go to: