The ending

The ending

[Post New]by jeanvan on Jan 11, 10 7:22 PM
Help, please! Does this game end at the church? I seem to get to the church and then it goes straight to the credits - surely this is not the ending of the game .... if it is I am really disappointed - so much left undone (not just the house lol). I thought it was a glitch the first time I played it so I uninstalled/reinstalled and played it again but the same happens. Please if anyone else has finished the game could you let me know if this is the ending or if there is a poblem with my game - thanks!

Re:The ending

[Post New]by deede2180 on Jan 11, 10 9:31 PM
That's where it ended on mine also. Not happy at all. I usually wait a few days before I buy a game but I liked the different stuff you have to do so I decided to take a chance and go ahead and buy it. Should have learned my lesson the last time this happened. Starts out a great game but the ending totally sucked. I wanted to finish fixing up the house since that's what most of the game was about. So if there is anyone else out there waiting to see how the game is, don't waste your money.

Nikkixo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nikkixo on Jan 12, 10 5:39 AM
I was shocked by how the game ended, it was just getting interesting when all of a sudden it was over, I thought for a second I had done something wrong and was looking for the second chance button (like nancy drew games) I thought this is crazy it shouldn't end like that I feel totally cheated

Nikki xox

Edited on 01/12/2010 at 5:40:26 AM PST

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jan 12, 10 11:42 AM
Horrible ending! I think this game was a huge waste of money! You really never get any ending, Wish I would have saved my money. It's like a book ending in the middle.

[Post New]by MalteseBaby on Jan 12, 10 2:58 PM
shamriockpog

Sea Anemone
2 Posts
by shamriockpog on January 12, 11:42 AM
Horrible ending! I think this game was a huge waste of money! You really never get any ending, Wish I would have saved my money. It's like a book ending in the middle

Bolded by me.
Funny you should use that phrase because I know Mary Kay Andrews from the amazingly funny books she writes. IMO, she wrote an ending but we had to have all of the cartoonish cut scenes in the beginning about the boss and the hookers and so forth.

Mary Kay Andrews doesn't write like this game played, judging from the comments on this thread. Buy her book Hissy Fit for a really good read.
Also her books set in Savannah GA are really good.
MK didn't write the ending you all are describing, IMO. Kind of makes me sick because she is one of my favorite Southern aurhors.
But you saved me $6.99!!!!!

[Post New]by Kelsnana on Jan 12, 10 10:55 PM
Absolutely the biggest waste of money EVER!!! If you haven't bought it yet... seriously... DON'T!!! The game does end in the church and leaves you hanging.... like is the heroine a goody or a baddy??? And what about the house? The ridiculous fixing up was all for naught.... you never get to see the finished product. The developers were apparently trying to tell the story... and the game was just to keep you reading for a while longer I guess.... I am going to try and get a credit for this game.... will not ever play it again....

[Post New]by totalduchess on Jan 13, 10 4:10 PM
I have to agree, the game was a bit of a ripoff. I purchased it after thirty minutes of free trial because I was pleased with how it was going, except for the really boring boxes of dialogue. Was left agape when it abruptly ended at the church. What's with that anyhow???? It leaves you dangling with a lot of unfinished business.

[Post New]by mjourney on Jan 13, 10 6:18 PM
I agree - this game was way too short. I liked the game play with a good mix of hidden object and other activities. I am not usually a hidden object game fan, but this one seemed to have a goal in mind - flip the house. So, I was shocked when the credits appeared. I have bought many games from Big Fish and enjoy almost all of them. But, this was one of the worst I have ever bought.

[Post New]by lilsassee1 on Jan 14, 10 6:03 AM
What a rip off..the so called ending is ridiculous..because it hasn't ended and you never get to see the finished house. How sad that I wasted a club game credit for this. I was actually getting excited because things were starting to happen, next thing I knew SLAM... story ended. I hadn't purchased a game in 5 months, and this is what I get ? We have beed ripped off fellow gamers!

sleuven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sleuven on Jan 14, 10 10:53 AM
This game started out as being different and interesting, however the ending is SUCH a disappointment!! If you haven't bought the game yet, then seriously, DON'T! Waste of money. It is like a book finishing in the middle, no proper ending at all.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 14, 10 2:54 PM
Sad to say, but I have to agree - the ending was ridiculously abrupt. What happens to Ella Kate? Does she get to live there or get to be friends with Dempsey or what? What the heck does the house look like when it's done? Do they sell it? What happens with the (assumed) new boyfriend, Tee?

I am very rarely completely unhappy with a purchase from BFG and usually it's my own fault for buying before I really give a game a good try, but this game started out pretty well. Unlke most of the others here, I didn't mind the conversations. Since I have not read the book, I thought the convrsations would fill me in on the plot. But as the game progressed, the story line became REALLY disjointed. I actually thought I might have a glitchy copy and was going to uninstall and try it again, but reading the posts here, I guess the game is just really badly scripted. It's like reading every third chapter of a book until you get to the middle and then reading the last page and calling it done. Very frustrating... (Maybe this is why I don't read romances.)

JoyousNewDayz
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by JoyousNewDayz on Jan 14, 10 9:52 PM
Wish I had read this forum first. Played several times thinking that if I was "quicker" in finding objects or completing tasks, that I would get a different ending. Sad to say, but each time was the same disappointment. Do NOT waste your money nor game credits on this game.

bitzgirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bitzgirl on Jan 16, 10 6:55 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with everything thats been said.It just left you up in the air.I was looking forward to finishing the house.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jan 16, 10 8:01 AM
Total waste of time and money. The plot had absolutely nothing to do with fixing up the house and the house was never completed. What is with the Day 1, Day 2, etc bit. It ended on Day 6 in the Church and completely left you hanging!!!! Do Not Buy This Game!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Trishinomaha on Jan 16, 10 8:35 AM
I cannot believe this game ended this way! At least a "to be continued" would have been somewhat nice. What a joke! I've been a member of Big Fish for 3 years and this is my first post. I've played some bad games but this is one of the worst! Big Fish should give us our money back for this one!

[Post New]by Trishinomaha on Jan 17, 10 12:56 PM
I complained about this game to Big Fish - the ending of the game was AWFUL. They just sent me a free game coupon! For those of you who bought it you might try sending an e-mail and getting a credit for the game.

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Jan 18, 10 8:19 AM
I liked the game when I played the trial because it was a little different from just a HOG so I got my monthly credit and used it for this game. I was a little ticked off when I had to restart from the beginning but yeah the ending sucked. I sat here for a few minutes going no way that's the end lol. Dang it I want to finish the house and does she get her life back? *sigh* I really wish I hadn't of bought it now.

[Post New]by brndcrr on Jan 22, 10 12:18 PM
HORRIBLE! I did the hour trial, time ran out and usually I can install and start from where I was after purchase, nope, sent to the beginning.

The conversations were out of alignment with what was happening or had just happened in the game and the ending was worthless. To be honest I only had about another hour to complete after my free period.

Like others, I have never been this disappointed in a game that I have used my free hour on before purchasing, but now I am reluctant to get my hopes up over another game that seems to be great after an hour.

DO NOT BUY!

[Post New]by cheryls_back on Jan 23, 10 12:43 AM
[b]You are all right about the ending it sucked and I agree that this was a big waste of my money (game credit). I feel that this should have been offered on the 2.99 game list only and even then I would have doubts, like some of you I thought that it left a lot to be finished, the relationships, and the flipping of the house etc.

handbells
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by handbells on Feb 14, 10 9:16 AM
Oh I wish I had seen this first!

So disappointed in this game! The ending completely sucked and was confusing as well.

Do not buy this game!

Go to: