bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 12, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy forum

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 12, 10 1:03 AM
YAY it's HERE!

I've heard good things; can't wait to play.

Thank you,

Vonique
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Vonique on Jan 12, 10 5:07 AM
I've played every Nancy Drew game up until this one, which I'm sure will be just as great as all the previous ones. I can't wait to play!

Lazzarith
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Lazzarith on Jan 12, 10 7:04 AM
WooHoooooooo! I love these ND games! Downloading it now. Have not played it yet but if it's anything like the others I'm sure I'll love it.

[Post New]by candlstick on Jan 12, 10 8:42 AM
i cannot download it i get errer message

mimskers
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mimskers on Jan 12, 10 8:55 AM
Am able to download. In fact have redownloaded twice. But when I click to play then I get error message. Am not able to play. Boo Hoo! Was so excited about playing the game today.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 12, 10 10:16 AM
I am patiently waiting for this game to download. Just enjoyed The Final Scene, so hope this is just as good!

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 13, 10 7:02 AM
I have just finished the game, helped by an ice day at school! (and quite a lot by the blog walkthrough, thank you!). It was really fun, but really hard too, and I like the out-takes at the end!

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 13, 10 12:14 PM
i'm downloading right now, can't wait to play it!

[Post New]by alohalou_13lou on Jan 13, 10 12:45 PM
How do I print up the hints for me to get through this game.....I did it on another game but can't figure out how to print it out.....thanks

[Post New]by angel_kiss on Jan 14, 10 2:19 PM
I just finished the games. Wow, what fun. I actually liked the games the best . Even when you are stuck you are still able to just play a couple of rounds with Leela or at the library computer.

Played all the ND games and always enjoyed them, as I did this game

Thanks for that

mollyharry
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mollyharry on Jan 14, 10 4:15 PM
Just downloaded game it runs ok, but I can't read the text (when people speak) or in different boxes when I have a choice?? Help??

Molly

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jan 14, 10 6:52 PM
mollyharry wrote:Just downloaded game it runs ok, but I can't read the text (when people speak) or in different boxes when I have a choice?? Help??

Molly

Change the game settings so that the close captioning is on.

julesy

[Post New]by Buffalo12980 on Jan 17, 10 9:56 PM
I've talked to everybody, exhausted all dialogues, taken and uploaded all four pictures and saved in their respective folders. went up to rachael's room, knocked and didn't get a response. I uninstalled the game and went through everything five times and still nothing, This is very frustrating.

[Post New]by mrsjgr2 on Jan 20, 10 5:02 PM
I have been trying to evade Pam to get into the classroom after 11pm. Looked at the walkthrough and have hidden where it said to hide. After about 35 tries I am still caught. Does anyone know how to stay hidden and move on with the game.

thanks

[Post New]by mrsjgr2 on Jan 20, 10 5:04 PM
Buffalo12980 wrote:I've talked to everybody, exhausted all dialogues, taken and uploaded all four pictures and saved in their respective folders. went up to rachael's room, knocked and didn't get a response. I uninstalled the game and went through everything five times and still nothing, This is very frustrating.

I had the same problem at first. Go back to the computer and make sure you read her comments and take new pictures where appropriate. She wont answer or speak to you until you have taken all of the pictures to her satisfaction.

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 5:05:46 PM PST

tigrasmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tigrasmom on Jan 23, 10 8:53 AM
seems like a nice game frist time getting a nancy drtew game and not sure of what im doing or hen im suppossed to do it.itsvery hard.i hope i do better soon i dont want to giveup so easily.

[Post New]by MellowTimes on Jan 24, 10 9:33 PM
This game is a real hoot! I'm pretty stuck on this one puzzle though; that one with the sunburst panels in the cellar? For the life of me, I can figure out neither the correlation between the notes in the Edgar Allen Poe Book and the coordinates of the slots, nor the use of the "newspaper" (meaning the clipping about the Odyssey trophy?) in any part of the puzzle.

Help?

Edited on 01/24/2010 at 9:34:49 PM PST

[Post New]by MellowTimes on Jan 25, 10 3:57 PM
mrsjgr2 wrote:I have been trying to evade Pam to get into the classroom after 11pm. Looked at the walkthrough and have hidden where it said to hide. After about 35 tries I am still caught. Does anyone know how to stay hidden and move on with the game.

thanks

There's more than one hiding place in the building... I don't have an old save, so I
can't list them specifically, but if you wave your mouse around in the halls and click when the cursor resembles the silhouette of a skulking woman, you should be able to
find them all right.

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by MellowTimes on Jan 26, 10 6:45 PM
MellowTimes wrote: This game is a real hoot! I'm pretty stuck on this one puzzle though; that one with the sunburst panels in the cellar? For the life of me, I can figure out neither the correlation between the notes in the Edgar Allen Poe Book and the coordinates of the slots, nor the use of the "newspaper" (meaning the clipping about the Odyssey trophy?) in any part of the puzzle.

Help?

Oh, hey... here's where I goofed (::: Puzzle Spoiler Down Below !:: :

Each animal medallion symbolizes a work Edgar Allen Poe wrote that had the trinket's animal prominently featured therein ( The note about the Murders in the Rue Morgue was there to make sure you knew which story the Ape medallion was
connected to).

The paper is a list of every story Edgar Allen Poe ever published, and the two sets of numbers written beside each title is the month/year the item was published.

On the wall there are 9 slats with 17 indentations distributed throughout. Each slat represents a year when a Poe work was first released; each indentation represents the work itself. Slats are counted left to right, indentation(s) are counted from top to bottom.

To complete the puzzle, place each medallion in the indentation that best reflects the corresponding work's place in the time line.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Wow. In hindsight, it was kind of silly to assume that the numbers on the note were supposed to be chapter and page numbers. Ah well.

Many thanks to MaGtRo of [GB] whose walkthrough* set me to rights.

Be well!

~Mellow

* no part of MaGtRo's walkthrough was reproduced in this post.

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 1:21:25 PM PST

Go to: