LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches in progress.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 16, 12 4:04 PM
Congratulations Cherb! WTG! I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you. It really is an accomplishment to finish this game. Well Done!

I look forward to playing "Hotel" with you. See you saturday.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Feb 17, 12 12:07 AM
Way to go Cherbtoo!
I applaud your patience and tenacity!
Looking forward to RTMI with all of you!
Aquatic

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 17, 12 1:19 AM
Thank you very much Lisa 'see' you on Saturday and thank you Aquatic, I will see you on March 3rd .

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 17, 12 9:37 AM
A HUGE Congrats, cherb..I'm so delighted you got to finish the game. I'm wearing a BIG smile. It is such a frustrating disappointment to not be able to get to the ending. I even felt badly about diving into Hotel when you were still with Scratches. See you tomorrow.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 17, 12 10:10 AM
mariannequilts wrote:A HUGE Congrats, cherb..I'm so delighted you got to finish the game. I'm wearing a BIG smile. It is such a frustrating disappointment to not be able to get to the ending. I even felt badly about diving into Hotel when you were still with Scratches. See you tomorrow.

Thank you very much Marianne, see you tomorrow .

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 17, 12 10:54 AM
Our very own thread is now up, I can only say: go make it your home! And don't forget to bookmark it, cause threads in chitchat tend to sink several pages fast.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200019.page#4005802

Still working on the title though, so that might change.

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 11:09:24 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 17, 12 4:32 PM
@govols - Hotel is this Saturday (18th) yes. RTMI will be in two weeks time on March 3rd. Look forward to seeing you there if you decide to join us.

@Dialogue - Great to see you are going to join us in playing Hotel. See you there.

@cherb - YAY!! So glad you managed to finish Scratches. did you like the ending after all that? Don't worry about trying to do better next time, you did just fine. That's what's so great about group plays, there is always someone around to help when you are stuck.

@CfG - Thanks for starting our new home!! It's bookmarked and I will go over there now and make an announcement for Hotel.

OK guys, I have started the group play for Hotel over in the game forum:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/191339.page#4006779

Don't forget to 'check in' so I can add you to the players list. See you there.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 11, 12 4:27 AM
Hi Gingergal and Harlequen (& anyone else who might join us) Golly 38 pages, this was one long thread. I have completed the D/L and read the first 3/4 pages of this thread for some beginning tips. It is quite useful to do that as they are not really spoilers, but should get us going in the right direction.

Have to do some RL stuff now, but hope to start later. Sounds a great game, so pleased you two are joining me for it, so I won't be scared on my own.

See you later

GMum xx

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 11, 12 5:53 AM
Hi GMum, Harlequen & gingergal,

I just finished NiBiRu this morning and thought I would join you guys and I hope I can be a helper since I played before.

So far I got inside the house and deposited my luggage.

There is an option to slow down the mouse or you can hit slide show which eliminates the 360. To save & exit you'll need to hit the escape key. When you save your progress be sure to hit one of the numbers from 1-10.

See you inside.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 6:17:59 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 11, 12 8:31 AM
Great that you can join us Sunshine, especially as you've played before. My RL stuff took longer than I thought and I've more to do tomorrow, so I'll probably be a slow starter, (even slower than normal that is !!) but I'm going in now for a couple of hours. Don't jump out on me will you?

Well done finishing Nibiru, Sunshine
- just posted over there for you and Fiona.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 11, 12 8:48 AM
sunshine - That's great you can join us. I knew the tip about slowing down 360 as popla said to keep curser in the middle but didn't know about slide show! So going into find how to do that now.

And call out in game as if I back into anyone I'll think I'll jump out of my skin.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 11, 12 9:15 AM
gingergal...If you do the slideshow, make sure you disable the alternate control. These are listed under setup.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 11, 12 9:29 AM
sunshinej wrote:gingergal...If you do the slideshow, make sure you disable the alternate control. These are listed under setup.

You're an angel! It's taken me nearly 30mins to move from the car to find a padlock shed ROFL. I had given up with it as it was weird but thanks to you just tried it and it works like you would expect. It's so funny trying to move with it without disabling alternate control (had no idea what that was!)

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 11, 12 9:40 AM
GMum, Gingergal & Sunshinej

Glad that You are joining Us Sunshinej

I'm so glad to play this game with All of You, since it's a very scary game I would hate to play it alone

Right now I'm just checking in, I have to many things to do and a lot of stress, have to find a Wedding gift and do some cores around here, but I will be joining You later.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 11, 12 9:59 AM
Realised I hadn't said hello to g'mum but was talking to you in my head but didn't write it! (now I sound demented lol)

Hi harlequen, gosh wedding gifts can be tricky hope they made it easy for you and registered somewhere! I made my christmas puddings yesterday so am free today. Curled up with a hot water bottle *joys of being a woman lol* So my brain is really slow today and playing slow is such an understatement as I am having to read the journal I found twice.

So glad that hitting the windows key works to get to forum.
Re music, I did turn music off in the setup but that doesn't seem to work. Was hoping I'd get the atmospheric sounds but not the music.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 11, 12 10:10 AM
Gingergal re: Wedding Gift, the cheapest thing there is left on the registry is half of an Elephant Ride in Africa for $75.-, can't really afford that, been searching the net for an Anniversary Clock all morning, the cheapest I found until now is a Bulova for $49.- from Amazon, I'm afraid that I have to go with that, it's more money other places, but would really like to take the car and drive around to find a cheaper one, but I may waist My time

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 11, 12 11:30 AM
Lovely to see you all here - it's one scary house to deal with on your own (and nothing scary has happened yet!!

It's a B******r though as I've just lost most of my progress. My computer has a habit of overheating with some games and I have to run an external fan or it crashes. I hadn't done with this as LF games are usually ok, it tends to be those with lots of sparklies and snow and rain. Anyway it did and I only did one save, quite soon after I entered the house.

Before the crash I was still exploring ** downstairs - I'd been in a sitting room, library, dining room and kitchen and there are still loads of doors I haven't been through. Tomorrow I shall have to repeat most of that, so I'll be a bit behind . I did explore outside first though and that will be in my first save. I have been examining absolutely everything and there's lots to examine, just afraid I'll miss something.. **

I tried to turn the music off too, Gingergal as there was no volume control. It didn't work at first, but just before it crashed I realised it wasn't playing anymore, so maybe it just takes time. I had turned down my computer volume to cope with the volume.

I tried alt/tab to get out and that didn't work, so will try the windows key tomorrow. Glad you have sorted out the slideshow mode, so you don't have to cope with the 360. I can manage it with everything turned to slow, but occasionally the cursor goes barmy and my head spins.

Harlequen, hope you get that wedding gift sorted - that's expensive if that's all that's left in the registry.

I remember those days Gingergal - now long gone, but there was nothing like a good old Hottie Bottie.Not just that that makes you slow though - I had to read the diary 3 times to get the gist.

Must go and get dinner. When I check in tomorrow, I expect you'll all have done loads, but it's good knowing you're all somewhere around !

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 11, 12 11:31 AM
harlequen - hope you get it sorted - that's a very unusual present to ask for and expensive to be the cheapest thing on the list!

I had my first stall, and had to alt and tab to get out as I saw it didn't support win 7 I went in manually to file location to change some compatibility settings but it didn't like that as I couldn't even open the game so just went back to original setting and now saving a lot.

I've *answered the phone, read 3 journals and found a dining room, study, exhibit room upstairs, my room, * as I read sunshine you were trying to leave your luggage can you tell me where you put it? *I found my room and the text keeps saying I need to put my luggage down but everywhere I click it seems I can't? *

g'mum - see you tomorrow. I"m taking a break now will play for another hour later in the day, but will check in periodically.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 11:36:41 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches has started, you are welcome to join in.

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 11, 12 12:30 PM

gingergal...regarding the luggage If you are in Michael's bedroom and see a table in the corner, he makes a comment about it being useful. Right click for your inventory and select your luggage right click again and you should have it. Set it on the table. Do the same for the other piece of luggage on top of the desk. It is his typewriter.

GMum...Sorry your game crashed. There are only 10 slots to save game so what I did was use of all ten of them first and then started to overwrite my oldest saves.

Harlequen...Good luck on finding your clock. Anniversary clocks are very pretty.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 12:42:21 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 11, 12 1:25 PM
Thanks sunshine, I must have tried *that table with the typewriter instead of the suitcase. *Will try that tomorrow.

Forgot to say g'mum sorry you hadn't saved it near the crash, I was lucky as I hadn't that much to redo.

Harlequen hope all is bought now and everything is sorted

Go to: