Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Apr 10, 14 6:59 AM
My game upon entry will not complete the connection with Facebook. I uninstalled and then re-installed Dark Manor, but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

[Post New]by Paulab62 on Apr 10, 14 9:08 AM
Hi there! After nearly a month of no game because of constant crashing!! Turned it on today and game has completely gone!! All progress has gone and am back to beginning! It has taking me a year to do! Can u help please???

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Apr 10, 14 10:18 AM
I usually get kicked out while visiting other manors. Works for the 1st one, then slow for second, and locked up on third. This has happened since beginning. Maybe it will get fixed with next update.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 10, 14 1:32 PM
In the past couple of days I've been experiencing much more lagging and crashing than usual, occasionally losing energy. I've also seen an increased (though still relatively low) frequency in a host of other (old and new) glitches, such as the temporary reappearance of the lightning glitz mode; the emptying of previously filled vials accompanied by the disappearance of the mode icon on that screen; the relocking of previously unlocked premium scenes; the stopping of the energy counter; the inability to send or receive gifts for most of the time (black gift icon); the inexplicably fluctuating number of neighbors; and the partial reforestation of my grounds plus other unpleansant phenomena such as the melting of my lava pit and walkers walking in place.

This was posted on Facebook a couple of hours ago:

Everything is moving and changing as we prepare to update the game. We hope that this update will solve many/most of the crashing issues that some of you are suffering from. I don't have an exact date on when the update will be available.

The update, when available, will be announced on this page. Stay tuned...

"We hope", "many crashing issues", "some of you"...Why not all? You either can fix the game or you can't, and, although I appreciate the complexity involved, you have taken ample time to determine which it is going to be. Plus, most of the problems have been there for a very long time, albeit with varying intensity and frequency.

I hope the fix you've been testing for iOS users doesn't result in more problems for PC users. I don't even know if there is a correlation between the two, but, in the past couple of days that iOS users have been reporting improvement, my game has become noticeably worse. Is it part of "everything moving and changing" mentioned above? And is there going to be a PC update as well?

Playing on PC, Win 7, 64-bit OS.

ETA: All known glitches are now appearing one after the other! In addition to the above, when I pause the game and minimize its window, when I try to retrieve it the task bar gets stuck along with any other window I may have open at the time. I would like to note that I have reported these glitches to tech support in the past, have done all necessary troubleshooting, and they have assured me that it's not my computer- it's the game itself.

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 8:05:05 AM PST

Miss_Laulau
Manatee
Manatee
3,571 Posts

[Post New]by Miss_Laulau on Apr 11, 14 10:58 AM
I am not able to access the game via my laptop, I can via the iPad. On the laptop I am stuck at the Dark Manor opening page. I guess it is my turn to have problems. I did have problems earlier and then it cleared to the point where I could play reasonably problem-free for a long time and now this problem which I have never experienced. I did uninstall and reinstall but same problem : [. The iPad belongs to my son so I don't want to commandeer it from him since I play all day and all night. Has anyone had this experience before? I do have a new laptop and made sure I have and upgraded the graphic cards, etc.
Thanks,
Miss Laulaus Shack

JulieW58
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by JulieW58 on Apr 14, 14 4:17 AM
The game won't load on my laptop this morning. I can't even get into the game.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Apr 14, 14 5:52 PM
I installed the update and am still getting the "Sorry Maintenance" page. I deleted the game and reinstalled "Sorry Maintenance" page again. I deleted the game and the app and reinstalled both and still getting the "sorry maintenance".

Is the game still in maintenance or am I experiencing a problem?

fiascooo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fiascooo on Apr 14, 14 6:02 PM
What is the DEAL with the Dark Manor "maintenance"??? I haven't been able to play all day long!!! Get on with your fix and let the gamer's game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be drafting a strongly worded email regarding this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJgothic
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BJgothic on Apr 14, 14 7:09 PM
I've been checking the forums now for about two hours, looking for any news on when the update will be finished. I've checked the Facebook page as well. Sure would appreciate a heads up from BF on this.

[Post New]by booknut on Apr 14, 14 11:39 PM
I have a big freaking issue, games finally back up and a my game is GONE!!! Think I was Gothic Fantasy Way, I am not going to start over, if this is the result of the maintenance they did they can just refund all the money I spent on gold and shove the game where the sun don't shine. I am getting tired of updates erasing my games, I still cant play Midnight Castle and its been many weeks since they said it would be resolved.

Update: Apparently complaining works, my game is restored

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 10:02:36 AM PST

[Post New]by 54brainstormer on Apr 15, 14 12:24 AM
I WANT TO CANCEL THE LATEST UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
game crashes when visiting neighbours (no rewards at all), 1 day of 4x silver lost due to long maintenance and how to get rid of the facebook connection demand (I never ever will use facebook and the pulsing binoculars are disturbing). Playing DM has been better for me before last update.
And pls tell me why I´m constantly logged out of the forum and have to newly register?

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 12:26:11 AM PST

[Post New]by benjamin012004 on Apr 15, 14 12:47 AM
This recent update is TERRIBLE.
I had few problems before it, actually hoping it was new HOS or something.
Now, game crashes CONSTANTLY, and when I visit neighbors, I get no rewards.
Plus, I think my energy is disappearing!
What happened???
This Facebook thing on start up is annoying as well. This has RUINED my gaming experience, how can I uninstall update??
Please help!!

TempeB
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by TempeB on Apr 15, 14 2:10 AM
Since the 14 April update, there has been a problem with the Neighbour Blitz. I played a few neighbour blitzes while the counter was below 15 energy and got no silver/XP etc. However, as soon as the counter was at 15 energy the neighbour blitz wiped that out but gave me silver and stuff - this in spite of the neighbour blitz still stating that it takes no energy! Probably just a glitch, but a wee bit frustrating nonetheless!

[Post New]by Tricky1812 on Apr 15, 14 2:11 AM
I don't normally post on forums and I definitely don't use Facebook, don't ever wish to either, so you can maybe understand why i'm unhappy about some of the changes happening here in DM, that is when the maintainence doesn't screw up peoples chances of actually playing. I realise that this is a free to play game and we all make certain allowances for that, however, it's very frustrating to appear like you're progress has been wiped, especially for those who have reached a high level or when updates aren't as hoped, like this one for example. There are lots of things you could have added, some of us have apple devices and play DM, so maybe a Game Centre link up might have been nice, but FB, hell no, where are you headed with this? Please, no more Facebook, or I really will have to uninstall, like Bigfish who?

cassey74
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cassey74 on Apr 15, 14 2:54 AM
Im soooo not happy with this update at all!!!!! I don't have facebook but I was dumb enough to create an account so I could get the rewards etc and I lost EVERYTHING!! the game started from scratch! I am soooo angry and upset I've spent so much time and money on this game! REALLY ANGRY BF!!!!!!

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 15, 14 4:04 AM
About the neighbor blitz rewards since the April 14 updates, I tried a neighbor blitz while only having 2 energy stored and when the scene got to where the rewards are normally given it seemed to suddenly cut off that page and no rewards were given. It wasn't seamless, just startling, so it looked as if there had been some kind of weird glitch.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 15, 14 4:51 AM
MANY of us (PC and iOS) are trying to play Neighbor Blitzes and we have found:

The Neighbor Blitzes are TAKING 15 Energy (if you have it) I did get 1 Energy point for the visit. Not sure if the Silver/XP awarded was actually added to the counters. Will verify that later.

If you don't have at least 15 Energy, the scene will play, but the screen flashes black and goes back to the Neighbor's grounds, bypassing the Score Screen. The Blitz Button is still there. Methinks the code is broken.

Also, the Message function may be broken as well. I can reply to a Message sent to me, but not send one through the Mailbox on a Neighbor's grounds.

And when visiting PINNED Neighbors, all of the Manor Names are dashed out, including Chateau de Fantome.

So, is the Message Function now disabled as one of the 'bells & whistles' we were going to lose while the game is fixed?

Dhyani (I play on a PC)

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 4:56:37 AM PST

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Apr 15, 14 4:56 AM
I do not do face book, nor do I want to! But because of your idea that the world loves face book we now have those stupid binoculars blinking at us non-stop. If this is your idea of an improvement you are dead wrong, and after reading multiple posts I am not alone in my feelings in this matter. I do not gamble even in a game like this, I was hoping for chapter 15 or a scavenger hunt but no we get face book...... I fail to see that as an improvement.

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 5:10:24 AM PST

khalox
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by khalox on Apr 15, 14 6:46 AM
OK. Logged in facebook, but how to "unlink" my game from facebook if the need arise?

[Post New]by LDS_forever on Apr 15, 14 8:04 AM
Since update all my game time is gone. The game started me over from the beginning. What is going to be done to repair this?

Go to: