geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by geniemc on Apr 23, 14 9:24 PM
I have been on vacation for several days, came back to an update, opened my social page and had lots of gifts. When I clicked on them, they all disappeared. I got none of them. Playing as Genie723

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Apr 23, 14 11:38 PM
I am needing help! For 4 days now I have been trying to get to Rock Island and to the Troll. It tells me I need to get the torch, so I've been all 4 days even waisting crystals on the casket where it says to go to get the "Torch" and it gives me everything else but what I need. This is getting boring. I've been to the forum, my game is up to date. If I delete I have to start all over again. I am using the IPad version.

Edited on 04/23/2014 at 11:38:52 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 23, 14 11:45 PM
This is the pc version, you will post it in this thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/275265.page

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Apr 24, 14 7:22 AM
llaurelwreath wrote:
barregar wrote:
awalkinglady wrote:Since installing the update, the game WILL NOT CLOSE. When I exit the game as usual, it simply does not close, does not return to the BFG Manager as it used to. I can open up the Manager but get an error message that another game is running. Since I have several MC games on my computer, this is a huge annoyance. The only thing I can do if I want to re-enter the game is to restart my computer. THANKS ALOT FOR THIS ISSUE, BFG!!!

That happens to me too, so I had to come in here to see if anyone else is having that issue. It is so frustrating!!! It never happened before until this new update. I have to restart my computer every time after I play this game because it will not close.....that should not be the case. I hope the devs. will look into this issue.

It happens to me too. I just open the task manager and go to applications tab and see that midnightcastle.exe is there and close it out. then I can restart a new game but this should not be happening. I used to be able to open the game from my desktop without the game manager opening but I did experience a second of run on with the music when I exited the game. now the game manager opens when I press my desktop icon and the game does not totally close anymore without the task manager.

I'm having exactly the same problem. If I have to reboot my computer every time I play this game today will be the last day I play it until this issue is resolved. There's no excuse for a glitch like this.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 24, 14 10:01 AM
I heard from CS today regarding the server connection errors, and the unusable Friend page, including the missing Wish List and No Gifts...they don't know why the update worked, and then quit working, but the developers are aware of the problems and are working on it.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Apr 24, 14 1:01 PM
Couple of problems not solved by the update:

1. Went to the Tent - on entering I got the background, but no hidden objects.

2. In Ice Rock, clicked on two flowers in rapid succession (the 4th and 5th in my cache). Cache reset to zero, but no gold added. Don't know if my total flower count went up (for achievements).

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Apr 24, 14 6:34 PM
Ad I stated earlier, my complete list of gifts was all wiped out, so if you gifted me I didn't receive. Also, I am only able to add one item to my wish list. When I try to add the second, it says please wait and just stays there. I'm afraid to try to gift because I don't know what will happen.

Genie723

[Post New]by black_ship22 on Apr 24, 14 9:41 PM
In the last twelve hours:

1) the game hasn't shut down properly once, had to use Task Manager;
2) lots of flowers that should have, weren't dropped so I didn't get the money or flower count;
3) I gave two gifts to two different players, didn't receive a thank you card for either, still had the option to re-gift those players which I did and didn't get a card but the message that I had used up my 5 friends gifting options;
4) HOS screen loaded without objects to find;
5) items in my inventory appeared and disappeared seemingly randomly.

This is brutal. ~sigh~

Clueless - 209103

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 9:43:36 PM PST

[Post New]by milliemaltese on Apr 24, 14 10:43 PM
Thank you for the beautiful things you've done with the new update. There are still a few little glitches:
1. Crafted items disappear.
2. No item list at the bottom of the HOS (most often @ the tent)
3 .No simple food . I've finished 1 quest and most of the 2nd. and only received 1 simple food. Not all of my food transferred after the update, so I have several "starving" pets. Also, I think everyone would like to have the ability to gift pet food again.
4. The game often hangs when you quit and you have to use your task manager to quit before playing again.
5. My gifts to friends are disappearing and not being received. The send gift counter is reduced, the inventory is reduced and no thank you card appears.
6. Flowers are not dropping gold at 5, just resetting to 0.
7. The "Packer" achievement appears to be stuck. I've been at 24 of 30 crates for the last 3 ships.
I was at level 22 before the update. Playing on a Gateway W0indows 8. Player name Kit, id# 137,388.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 24, 14 10:44 PM
The major issue with the game is not shutting down by itself. I will exit the game and it will still be running in the task manager under processes. So every time I get done playing I have to go to the task manager and end the process of MidnightCastle.exe.
I contacted support with the Dr. Felix and also screen shots of the game still running in the task manager but not on the task bar as proof of something wrong with the update.

Other issue is when collecting flowers, I sometimes do not get the coins. I didn't get at least 25% of the coins for the flowers I collected. Previous version I never had this issue.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Apr 25, 14 8:31 AM
tazruby2000 wrote:So every time I get done playing I have to go to the task manager and end the process of MidnightCastle.exe.

THANK YOU, tazruby, for explaining how to cludge around this problem. Infinitely easier and faster than robooting! Now I can play again.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 25, 14 11:25 AM
I'm one of the many who has to close the game by using the task manager. Also having trouble with not collecting the gold all the time when I've picked five flowers. Most of the time I do, but it's happening more frequently than before the update. And maybe once out of ten times, the words don't appear in one of the HOS. I always have to close out of the game and re-enter for them to appear. I wonder why so many things can go wrong just by adding content when they worked fine before the update. I guess that's why "they" have the better paying jobs than I do.

buchner
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by buchner on Apr 25, 14 11:34 AM
Like many others, I cannot get the forth item on my wish list. When I make a choice for the forth item, I get "one moment please" and the game freezes. Today, I am also experiencing "unable to connect to the server" many times. This was not a problem for the past few weeks and I thought it was fixed by the updates. I also noticed that the HIGH Roller in the achievements is not working. I have the same amount as before the update although I have won money playing dice several times.

angelfire

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 25, 14 2:57 PM
regarding friends wishlists: when I click on the (now very convenient) side menu, I often do not see the person who has a wish. IE, I click on "Player_Liz", who has the speech bubble showing she needs sth, and the bottom menu moves, but I see Parisa and Player, but Player Liz is missing. Yesterday I accidentally gifted Player, thinking that was her, and when I clicked on Player Liz a second time, she appeared. This is happening with many of my friends icons - I just use player liz as an example because she has always been scarce, but always ALWAYS gifts me. Today it happened with 3 of the friends who needed items; it is very frustrating. (although, not half as frustrating as having quests that require using the same damnable things - since the pirate and the Pirate Standard and Six Paw, I have really begun to hate this game.

Regarding flowers: [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/26/2014 at 12:55:01 PM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 25, 14 3:03 PM
Oh! And can you do something about the HOS not giving the item you went there for? I have been trying to get the Crystal of Twilight to open that egg thing in the ice cavern, from the Cavern, and so far I have received 6 (six!!) Glowing Darkness jobbies! It is infuriating - especially as I will have to go through the process again and again as the pirate and Tooky want things from the same place!

[Post New]by psychig on Apr 25, 14 3:19 PM
#1) My 4th wish list item also will not populate - I just get a please wait message.

#2) the HOS at the hole in the prirate ship appears with no items on screen or list to find - must reboot to get out

hope this helps

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 25, 14 10:10 PM
EVERY TIME I TRY TO MAKE A POST AND SUBMIT IT I GET THAT YOU ARE DOWN FOR WORK. THE SAME THING WHEN I TRY TO SEND A PM.
ARE YOU STILL WORKING ON THE SIGHT OR GAMES.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 26, 14 12:57 PM
Hi All,

I see that some of you have still been having issues getting items even after the update.

I want to assure you that we are looking into this and we will definitely post here in teh forums as soon as we have more information.

If you are having these problems, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Apr 26, 14 1:14 PM
My wish List has disappeared it was working a few min. ago
Please fix this problem fast
Aaron

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 26, 14 3:34 PM
Dear Aaron, welcome to the club. I have been waiting a long time for a fix. None yet.

Go to: