Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Gallivant77 on Apr 9, 17 1:31 PM
I can't get the update on my Kindle, probably because it is older 2nd gen Fire HD 7", even though it was updated with newer Android OS 4.4.4 in 2014. The update simply doesn't appear in Amazon App Store. I'm waiting for response from Support team, with small hope this was an oversight.

Given the issues some Kindle users are having with crashing, which I recall happening last year from at least one update, maybe it is better to continue without the update or Spring Event on my Kindle as long as possible and just enjoy the Event when it starts on my PC. Glass half full!

Gallivant77

bfgIlinalta
1,809 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 9, 17 3:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues being seen in the Android version of Midnight Castle. I just wanted to drop by real fast to provide some quick assistance as well as an announcement for some issues that some players are seeing while trying to update.

For players that are seeing their device not update the game when requested and are only asked to update the game again, I'd like to provide a link to our recent announcement about the issue:

An Announcement Regarding the "An Update is Available" Message Loop for Android Players.

For players seeing the game crash or shut down while playing, I'd like to recommend the following as these steps may be able to quickly resolve the issue:

General Help for Mobile Free To Play Games

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if players need additional support, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your make and model of the device seeing the issue, the operating system for the device, and your Friend Code if it is available. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page helps explain what a Friend Code is and where to find one in the game:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

kthreads
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 9, 17 5:31 PM
Well, the Spring showed up on my 1 Kindle game that updated...but still no update on my other Kindle game. Has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? I'm a bit concerned with doing that as one player posted on the forum before that thread was locked out that she contacted Amazon and was told by them her Kindle would no longer support MC. Really???
Anyway, if anyone was brave enough to try an uninstall / reinstall, can they post what happened? Did you then get the updated version? Did you lose it all? Did you get your game only to lose all your friends?
I contacted CS, but with their backlog, it's normally 10 to 13 days before you get a live answer. I'd like to work the Spring event and by that time it will be well under way. Not to mention they normally begin a Castle Challenge along with the event.

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Apr 9, 17 5:47 PM
Thanks
Reba Runestone

bfgBellerophon
7,749 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 17 7:38 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that some players are experiencing issues with their Midnight Castle game on their Kindle. We definitely want to help get things up and running for players. With the update message some players are seeing, the appropriate teams are aware of this issue and are actively investigating. For more information, please see the following announcement:

An Announcement Regarding the "An Update is Available" Message Loop for Android Players.

Please keep in mind that it is NOT recommended to uninstall and reinstall the game on your device as this may result in a loss of progress. This error message isn't an indication that these devices won't be supporting Midnight Castle. As stated above, the teams are aware of this issue and are working hard to help resolve it. Please reach out to the Midnight Castle Support Team with the information in the above announcement if you are seeing the error message. If any information is brought to our attention from these teams, we will post in the forum to inform the players.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Parrot11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Parrot11 on Apr 10, 17 10:23 AM
I play on a kindle and I'm not getting any whirling orbs today. My player number is a247633. I tried turning my kindle off and on, but that didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Update: turned kindle off and on again. Got the bunnies back!

Edited on 04/10/2017 at 10:45:55 AM PST

Kimball321
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Apr 10, 17 12:19 PM
I play on kindle fire cannot get update

bfgBellerophon
7,749 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 17 12:32 PM
Hi Parrott11 and Kimball321,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the forums what is occurring within your game. I'm sorry that technical issues are present.

Parrott11, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. I'm glad to hear that after turning the kindle off a couple of times, the items are appearing in your game. I'm also going to include below a Big Fish Games Help page that contains more troubleshooting steps if issues tend to return:

Android Midnight Castle Troubleshooting

Kimball321, it is possible that you are experiencing the known issue regarding the update message. Please refer to the following announcement for more information:

If the issues continue to be present, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your device information and player ID. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

mommduck
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 10, 17 1:17 PM
It was me that was told that my kindle didn't support the update by Amazon support team member, and yet a second one said it did.

If I go onto my Amazon account and look to purchase it does say not compatible with my device.

Not sure if this is an Amazon problem or Big Fish.

My kindle is updated automatically with the current OS so that is not the issue.

Kimball321
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Apr 10, 17 11:18 PM
Cannot get update on kindle been playing since launched had no trouble before have been in touch with customer service through ios eating a reply 3days now fed up

mommduck
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 11, 17 1:35 AM
Kimball321 wrote:Cannot get update on kindle been playing since launched had no trouble before have been in touch with customer service through ios eating a reply 3days now fed up

I have been waiting 5 days. Just got a generic reply saying 'updated' whatever that means.

Are you 2nd Generation Kindle Fire HD? If so, just take a look at my latest post on the forum.

athwick
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Apr 11, 17 7:49 AM
Got the update on my Kindle, but crashes are frequent, and play is slow and "jerky". Why can't these problems be addressed after all this time?

mommduck
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 11, 17 9:13 AM
athwick wrote:Got the update on my Kindle, but crashes are frequent, and play is slow and "jerky". Why can't these problems be addressed after all this time?

Can't answer that one but can say feel totally abandoned by BG..no one seems to want to help.

[Post New]by missdee78 on Apr 11, 17 9:30 AM
I updated midnight castle and now my diamonds went from 355 down to 125. This happened last update also. Am I going to get my diamonds back or are they gone for good? Really like this game but getting frustrated with every update something goes wrong!

Kimball321
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Apr 11, 17 11:10 AM
I cannot get onto the game forum since December 2016 still waiting for it to be resolved so I cannot check you on it yours Christine

kthreads
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 11, 17 11:10 AM
I just got an answer from CS on not being able to get the Spring Event update.
I was told that they understand the frustration; they know other players with "older" Kindle Fires also cannot update, so they know it's not just my Kindle; the devs are aware of the problem and currently investigating and hopefully will be able to get this fixed soon.

So, with the problems with constant crashing, the inability to access friends wishlists and spring rooms. and now my second Kindle game not even updating so I can play??? Considering quitting my Kindle games and concentrating only on my PC games. I was unable to obtain the achievements for Fall and Christmas events with all the crashes and loss of progress...I now have a very "whatever" attitude on if I'll be able to get the achievements for the spring event on my Kindle games that's working.

Edited on 04/11/2017 at 11:11:24 AM PST

mommduck
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 11, 17 11:23 AM
kthreads wrote:I just got an answer from CS on not being able to get the Spring Event update.
I was told that they understand the frustration; they know other players with "older" Kindle Fires also cannot update, so they know it's not just my Kindle; the devs are aware of the problem and currently investigating and hopefully will be able to get this fixed soon.

So, with the problems with constant crashing, the inability to access friends wishlists and spring rooms. and now my second Kindle game not even updating so I can play??? Considering quitting my Kindle games and concentrating only on my PC games. I was unable to obtain the achievements for Fall and Christmas events with all the crashes and loss of progress...I now have a very "whatever" attitude on if I'll be able to get the achievements for the spring event on my Kindle games that's working.

Me too just had the same email so hopefully they are trying to sort it.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 11, 17 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that some players have been coming across issues in the game, and I wanted to stop by here with assistance.

The Forum Moderation Team definitely understands wanting to look into installing the new update on the Kindle. It sounds like there are some concerns regarding the availability of that update for some older Kindles, and I want to assure everyone here that the Forum Moderation Team has passed along the reports here so that we can follow up with the appropriate teams. We'll make sure to update the forums with any relevant information that we might receive.

I also want to assure everyone here that the Midnight Castle Team is aware of the issues that some Android players have encountered while trying to install the update. The teams are in the process of looking into the situation, and in the meantime we're recommending that players coming across this problem contact our Midnight Castle Support Team if they haven't done so already. Getting in touch with the Support Team with your device model will help to aid in the investigation, and our Reps are definitely willing to assist as much as they can. For more info on this, I encourage checking out the following thread:

Kimball321, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet heard back from our Support Team. Our Reps work to get back to everyone within 72 hours, however occasionally they may not be able to respond as quickly as they'd like. While this is the case, they're definitely working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible, and a Rep will be in touch as soon as they're able.

mommduck, I understand that you also hadn't received a response from our Support Team! All of our teams here definitely appreciate the time and effort our players put into the game, and I completely understand the frustration this can cause.

I've been in touch with the team, and it looks like a Rep was recently able to reply to your ticket. If you have any other questions or concerns about the game please feel free to let them know.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 11, 17 11:32 AM
athwick, I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering those issues in the game. If you haven't done so already, it may help to try the steps in the following help article, which can be useful in situations like this:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If anyone is encountering a persistent issue or seeing that their progress or items have disappeared, the Forum Moderation Team recommends contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID. Our Reps are definitely willing to assist, and they have access to the tools needed to provide customized support.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 04/12/2017 at 9:24:30 AM PST

janwinley
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by janwinley on Apr 11, 17 2:52 PM
I was playing this morning okay ..achieved lots of diamonds, eggs etc...came out of the game for 5 to 10 minutes and when I went back in I had lost all that I had won over the previous hour..I was back as if I hadn't played at all!! I play on Kindle Fire my ID is a447682 janwinlee

Go to: