Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by RaggedyRoses on Jun 16, 10 8:34 AM
Well ... first, second, and third of all ... WOW, WOW, and WOW!!! I just loved this game!!! I hated the ending until I read that the continuation/part 2 will be out in a few months, so now I love the ending LOL!! In advance, I demand a Part 3, 4, 5, 6 ... etc. I really loved how unique and unusual this game is, and love the idea for the storyline, etc. The graphics are just lovely!!!

I did have a few problems with the game running very slowly at times, with the loading of the different scenes taking long periods of time; however, I discovered that during many of those times, I was receiving an automatic download from McAfee or Windows or Adobe, etc. I was frustrated yesterday by how slowly this game was running until I realized that my computer was running it's weekly McAfee computer-wide virus scan. This morning, I switched my computer to work offline, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much faster the game ran, and the loading of the different scenes took less than thirty seconds instead of many minutes.

At the moment, this game is among my top five favorites, right along with both Puppet Shows, both Midnight Mysteries, and Deadtime Stories!!! Thanks so much!!

[Post New]by Ms_Downs on Jun 18, 10 6:04 PM
I just finished this game....not sure how many hours this took because I stopped playing it a few months ago to plan other games. Since I am a "mature" player I enjoy the casual pace (no real rush to get anything done) and the puzzles that aren't overly vague and difficult. It was an unusual but interesting story line. Good music, great art work. I felt like I was in the middle of my own movie. If there is a sequel I will be sure to buy it. I had a few computer glitches towards the end but after shutting down and re-starting (which I hadn't done in a while) it was fine. It only took a few seconds for the scenes to load for me. I heartily recommend this game.

[Post New]by moore807 on Jun 24, 10 12:59 PM
I really loved playing this game, but I had to uninstall it to make room on my computer--thank goodness keeps records of what you purchase and allows you to install them again. I'm about to play it again for the second time around. I like the fact that not only is it a hidden object, but it's a puzzle, and the puzzles are a part of the story. The graphics are gorgeous, and the atmosphere is mysterious without being frightening. Can't wait for the second installation.

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Jun 26, 10 7:21 AM
Awesome!!! I just finished this game and LOVE it. Great work ! Would like to see more games similar to this one.

After about 5-10 minutes into the demo, that little voice inside my head said "ooohh, I like this one". That's when I know it's a game I have to buy.

Storyline: Very Creative! Keeps you engaged to go further in the game and find out what happens. The story and characters tie in well with other elements in the gameplay. The game title says it all.
Graphics: Excellent! Great use of artwork. Love the interaction of objects with the drawings/paintings.
Music: Totally fits the graphics and storyline and doesn't get annoying. Different music is used in different scenes and fits well. Brighter scene, brighter music; Darker scene, mysterious music.
Atmosphere: Some scenes are bright, some dark, but not too dark, yet mysterious and engaging. Good sound effects; birds singing, fire crackling, rain, etc.
Hint System: Unlimited hints, just have to wait for loading.
Puzzles: Not super easy and not super hard. I did have to look at the walkthrough a few times when I got stumped, but overall could accomplish a lot on my own.
Technical Problems: None for me. Both the demo and full version worked fine on my PC and in full screen display.
Worth $6.99: Totally. Good length of gameplay for the price.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5.

I'll be playing this one again soon. Can't wait for DRAWN II. Glad to see it's coming out in a few months.

Happy Gaming!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 28, 10 7:33 PM
Finally finished this after having it for a long time, playing for a while then putting aside for months. Figured I'd add my 2 cents to this huge and growing thread of comments.

Amazing graphics, and I loved the idea of living pictures. The artwork was fantastic..the first scene of the dragon even scared me a little lol.

Unlike some who breezed through this and complained it was "too short", this one took me a long time and some parts were TOUGH. I could feel my ears smoking as the brain cells worked. I used hints a few times on puzzles but they are really just HINTS not giveaways so I still had to think pretty hard. I only resorted to the walkthrough once and even there just to get a clearer hint (on those stone lion statues at the doorway, I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do there). Otherwise I managed and was proud of myself for doing so! I really LOVE games like this where you enter a puzzle and there's NO directions. I love fiddling around trying to figure out what I have to do. There's a great sense of accomplishment when I get it, even if I have to use a tiny hint to steer me in the right direction!

If you like games of this difficulty and haven't tried it yet, you must try Green Moon. The artwork is not as gorgeous and artsy as this but the music is absolutely charming and the game itself is quite a trip and you do NOT get a lot of hand holding.

As I recall I bought Drawn on sale (40% off) so I got it for less than the usual $6.99. This was before BF was on their CE craze. You can bet everything that the sequel will be another "Collector's Edition" which is too bad but on the other hand this game, now that I have finished it, is one which could have easily fallen into the $19.95 price range and been worth it, for the sheer amount of work the developers obviously put into it.

Anyway, thank you developers for a job well done on Drawn: The Painted Tower.

[Post New]by TribalDancer on Jun 29, 10 11:12 PM
My favorite Big Fish download game to date. Great graphics, strong storyline, decent puzzles...So many games I can nearly finish with the demo (or at least not be curious enough to continue), and this game "drew" me in! hardee har har.

Seriously, though, this is one of the ONLY games I have gotten from Big Fish where I am eagerly awaiting the sequel. Great work!

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Jul 6, 10 7:27 PM
Absolutely Love this game!!!!!!! am a newbie but have purchased lots of games.....and this one is well worth the $$$

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 8, 10 8:53 PM
I bought this for my first adventure game. I asked for a recommendation and the first I got was for this so I read a few reviews and bought it without a trial. the game is fun enough and difficult enough but I am getting very frustrated with the time in changing scenes. So much so that I timed it! You have to move around quite a bit and every time I have to it takes 3 to 5 minutes. I play for 5 to 15 and have to change scenes and wait. That's about one third of my time! I do love the graphics but I don't even get to see that while waiting. Just a black screen! In most games I have to pry myself away to get work done but I don't have that problem here.

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Jul 8, 10 11:36 PM
I've read through the posts and everything I loved about this game has already been said. It was absolutely wonderful and I am waiting on pins & needles for the sequel.

If it's a CE it'll be the first one I buy!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 10, 10 12:09 AM
Ditto on that norry02, I don't think I could resist the CE of the sequel (and I feel pretty confident a sequel is coming one day). I mostly popped in to say that this is one fantastic game and it is the Daily Deal today!!! Wow. If anyone is reading the comments to decide whether to get this at the DD price, I can only say you absolutely will be getting the bargain of the year!!!

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 10, 10 1:26 AM
I agree that this is a real bargain - and only a (fairly) short time after it first appeared; I passed it by the first time round as I had other purchases to make, but I won't let it escape this time. This is one of the few instances, also that theme, images, voices and music gel really well together, so the whole gaming experience is a joy.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Jul 10, 10 4:02 AM
This has been on my wish list for a long time - for $2.99 I won't be passing over it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 10, 10 5:21 AM
Today's DD - I totally enjoyed the demo and I had no tech or gameplay problems with it, so this is a *buy* for me .

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jul 10, 10 8:03 AM
What a great Daily Deal! Try it you will like it!
One of the best games I've played!
Sally

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Jul 10, 10 10:19 AM
agreed, a very intriguing, interesting, storyline....kinda "draws" you in and beautiful graphics. worth every penny

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Jul 10, 10 1:05 PM
Got it as a Deal of the Day for $2.99 and I just loved it. I got about 4 hours out of it, but it wasn't too easy.

I did have to look at the blog walkthru once or twice because I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do, and the in-game hints didn't help for that one.Overall the hints were pretty good though, and didn't give too much away.

There was only one minigame I couldn't do, so I skipped that one (the five sided one in the top of the tree). I probably could have eventually got it, but after a while it wasn't fun trying to figure it out anymore, so I just skipped it.

Would definitely get a sequel. Good story, good graphics and music. The ending was a bit weird. At first I thought I'd done something wrong because I never got to go into the basement. Plus, well, what she did to 'escape' didn't really make a lot of sense, considering that she opened the door so the king would see her do it. Why didn't she just do that at the top of the tower? Anyway, other than that, great game.

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Madth3 on Jul 10, 10 1:13 PM
Just writing to say that I bought this game at a regular price and I was satisfied. So, I think it's a great deal at 2.99.

It's a beautifully crafted game and I liked the combination of adventure, hidden objects and having to go back and forward between scenes to complete the tasks.

Grab the demo and give this a try!

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Jul 10, 10 7:55 PM
Beautiful game, challenging, not bogged down with storyline. A little slow with the need to "load" between scenes, but not too distracting. Wonderful music and the artwork is lovely. Great game!!!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 11, 10 12:52 AM
This was a DD bargain buy for me; and I agree that it is a great game. I haven't had any technical difficulties (yet!), and everything plays perfectly on my laptop with Vista.

tocbooks posted the following in the technical problems thread; maybe it will help some others:

"Try unchecking Aspect Ratio in the game's Options menu. I crashed, had long load waits, and had very jerky gameplay before, but after unchecking that option, the game works and runs like a dream"

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Jul 11, 10 6:07 AM
Love & enjoyed the game a lot.
I give it
And thanks for the walkthrough !

Go to: