bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 1:54 PM
Really don't think it's a crypt! Have another look at the picture of the house on the sign, I'm fairy sure it's the same door, even has the statues either side

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 10, 09 1:56 PM
jbentley wrote:Okay I'm gonna back up the bus just a littlebit here. In RTR, wasn't the woman and the twins from Black Pool? I am gonna check this out when I get home.

Hey Bentley, when you check it out, find out what Rose's last name is. The carpenter that was killed was Frank Williams. Maybe Rose was his wife (although the carpenter was killed before Rose started tending to Emma, maybe she had already been there as housekeeper).

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 09 1:59 PM
firekat7 wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:Did you notice that on the top of the crypt things portal is written SHADY GROVE?

I watched this part of the video several times and freeze framed it. It might not really say Shady Grove. It doesn't show the whole name as the ends of the first and last words are in shadow. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like Russian letters. Or we only actually see HADY GROV, and our minds automatically fill in Shady Grove, when it really could be part of someone's name.

It IS SHADY GROVE. Was so cheeky to make a screen shot and zoom in this part.
It´s hard to see, but you can notice the left side of the S in the shadow and the E on the right side. lt´s a bit easier to see.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 1:59 PM
Rose's last name was Sommerset.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Nov 10, 09 2:05 PM
Can anyone understand what she is saying at the very end of the video? All I can make out is " I'm sorry"

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 2:10:45 PM PST

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 2:07 PM
I think she's saying, "I didn't mean to....I'm sorry." It's hard to make out exactly. If that is what she said, I wonder what she did to be sorry for?

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 2:07:37 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 2:09 PM
firekat7 wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:Did you notice that on the top of the crypt things portal is written SHADY GROVE?

I watched this part of the video several times and freeze framed it. It might not really say Shady Grove. It doesn't show the whole name as the ends of the first and last words are in shadow. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like Russian letters. Or we only actually see HADY GROV, and our minds automatically fill in Shady Grove, when it really could be part of someone's name.

Kinda seems Russian - so someone that was a Russian circus performer is buried in the crypt at Dire Grove in the UK. That's where the Russian circus performer and English nobility tie in, maybe?

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 2:12:26 PM PST

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Nov 10, 09 2:18 PM
very cool video!

Thank Big Fish

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Nov 10, 09 2:18 PM
cadfael wrote:At the end of the video, where it says, Is it just a game?; look to the left and I think I can make out a face screaming.

I can see the face screaming too. Now I'm going to go watch it again and see if I can see anything else. Chasing something through the catacombs would be entirely creepy and I would love it. I'm happy I don't have any cats to jump on me while I'm playing. Though my DH would think it was funny to scare me so I'm not going to mention it to him.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 2:23 PM
I know what you mean, lilgirl. My DH would only ask me what time I'm coming to bed around 2 am. However, DD would do something like that. Kind of a game with her and her brother to try to scare mom because it's very hard for them to startle me.

I keep going over the video too to see if there is any other tidbit hidden somewhere.

cazzabee
Salmon
Salmon
2,575 Posts

[Post New]by cazzabee on Nov 10, 09 2:26 PM
picman050967 wrote:Impressed with the video? Pretty amazing snow footage considering the video was shot in September. BFG flew the director, film crew and actors down to Patagonia, Argentina to shoot the snow scenes as that was the "closest" place we could find where it was actually snowing in September...impressed now?

The game will have everything that you loved about RTR, plus much more!

Picman

Couldn't you have went to Blackpool Picman and us UK fishies could have come had a look and had more of a clue .

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 2:26 PM
weissvonnix wrote:
firekat7 wrote:

It IS SHADY GROVE. Was so cheeky to make a screen shot and zoom in this part.
It´s hard to see, but you can notice the left side of the S in the shadow and the E on the right side. lt´s a bit easier to see.

Weissvonnix is totally right - I looked at the close-up screenshot weissvonnix made and it really does look just like "Shady Grove". Thanks for sharing, Weissvonnix!

Darn - I'm still stuck on the circus/nobility connection!

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 09 2:32 PM
Your welcome.

There´s one point l wonder about, why does someone name a building (crypt or manor) "GROVE"? And why are there roots at the portal sides coming from inside of the house?
Think it is a house, because the following scene is inside and you can see something like a opened door or a window..

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Nov 10, 09 2:35 PM
I can hear her talking at the end of the video. I can't quite understand what she says first but I know she ends with "I'm sorry" Grrrrrr going back to the video now.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Nov 10, 09 2:35 PM
So I wonder if we are going to see this video in its entirety at the beginning of the game or are we going to see bits and clips throughout the game as we the "Agent" investigate the students disappearance.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 2:38 PM
weissvonnix wrote:Your welcome.

There´s one point l wonder about, why does someone name a building (crypt or manor) "GROVE"? And why are there roots at the portal sides coming from inside of the house?
Think it is a house, because the following scene is inside and you can see something like a opened door or a window..

Calling a manor house 'something grove' isn't that unusual in the UK, we have an awful lot of houses with an awful lot of daft names I still think that doorway is the main door of the house, same as on the sign, but maybe I am the only one that saved the original picture to be able to look!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 2:38 PM
Rose, you mean like uncovering diary pages? I was wondering the same thing myself.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Nov 10, 09 2:41 PM
Yeah, but this would be video clips, or something of the sort. College students wouldn't necessarily keep journal pages so it would be video clips. Looks like they filmed their entire trip, haha.

wildt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by wildt on Nov 10, 09 2:44 PM
I just saw the video cant wait when it comes out.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 2:45 PM
A video diary makes sense for college students today. My son and D-I-L were overseas on a thesis grant and took videos of everything. It's a great way to make sure you have all your info for the thesis.

Go to: