Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 3, 16 11:31 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:I think there is one thing that has been overlooked in this whole debate: We asked for more ways to get gold and shards. Repeatedly. Both here and on FB, there were often numerous complaints about how much gold it takes to open a HOS or ZZ as well as how many shards it took to feed Trina and buy furntiture for the room. This update was an attempt to address that issue and I frankly think it did so.

Yes, it's true players did ask repeatedly for some way to increase the drop rate of shards and even increase the payout for playing the newer HOSs.

However, I don't believe any player suggested a shard or 15 coins as payout for a HOS instead of an inventory item.

Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler to just have the shard drop randomly like the pet food and stamps do instead of entirely reworking the HOS program?

Not to mention that it isnt MORE of anything...it is actually LESS of everything!!!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 3, 16 11:46 AM
Diane8722 wrote:

Players below 69 (at least myself with one game in the teens and one in the 50's) have no "side quests". No improvement to the game whatsoever.

So now I understand why people are complaining. Perhaps it should have been programmed that the game for those players below Level 69 remains the same with the drop rate and at 69 the side games kick in.

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 11:50:16 AM PST

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 11:53 AM
siberlene wrote:

So now I understand why people are complaining. Perhaps it should have been programmed that the game for those players below Level 69 remains the same with the drop rate and at 69 the side games kick in.

There certainly would have been fewer unhappy players....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 3, 16 12:04 PM
Diane8722 wrote:

Players below 69 (at least myself with one game in the teens and one in the 50's) have no "side quests". No improvement to the game whatsoever.

The so-called side quests are a necessary part of advancing in level 69. A certain number of them must be done in order to get enough destiny keys in order to craft the key of fate to open the ghostly chest to get the Portal activator which we presumably will charge after we complete Arabella's 4 quests. Of course, after doing the regular quests (which give experience points or whatever this game calls the star points), a player could choose to use diamonds to buy the remaining destiny keys needed.

Once a player has the portal activator, side quests become optional (at this point in time).

So at least some of the side quests are essential, and new content that is essential to advance gets added to the end of the previous update.

Why didn't they give us enough mandatory blue key quests, complete with experience points, to get the portal activator? Maybe they wanted to give us a choice as to which blue key quests we did. We have 6 to choose from, and as far as I know, once you complete one, that same character comes back with another one.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 3, 16 12:18 PM
All I know is that I did 6 blue key quests. One to activate, then 1 pet, then got food, then 3 more pets. Total 300 keys and a severely depleted inventory. Those quests DO take your inventory, just like the regular quests. Now, there is very little chance of rebuilding it, even if you want a few extra items just to gift friends. And I have four new pets. From one, I received a wooden chest. From the other two I have used, I received a rainfall of airship items, much like what we got under our Christmas Trees, but missing the "good stuff" such as the occasional crafted item, and I've found the coin to be negligible. Oh, and also got a shard and a pet medallion.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 12:41 PM
NoFishToday wrote:All I know is that I did 6 blue key quests. One to activate, then 1 pet, then got food, then 3 more pets. Total 300 keys and a severely depleted inventory. Those quests DO take your inventory, just like the regular quests. Now, there is very little chance of rebuilding it, even if you want a few extra items just to gift friends. And I have four new pets. From one, I received a wooden chest. From the other two I have used, I received a rainfall of airship items, much like what we got under our Christmas Trees, but missing the "good stuff" such as the occasional crafted item, and I've found the coin to be negligible. Oh, and also got a shard and a pet medallion.

First, let me say I have not updated my level 68 iPad game. I also have a PC game that is on level 23, so I know how the change has impacted a lower level player. What I have learned about the side quests, new pets, etc. is from what has been posted in the forum.

That said....what I have read leads me to believe:
1. Lower level players gained nothing and lost inventory. You CAN still progress, but it is painfully slow. Currently, I need to craft Mirror of Clear Sight....needs something from Flag, Winter Idol, and Drunken Skeleton...... 2 items each ZZ, all from the same 2 HOSs -- 6 hours before I can go forward.

I only open the game to play the required HOSs and then close out and wait for the next round.....coin increase will not come. It will be difficult to progress in the game once my current coins decrease from opening all the expensive HOSs and ZZs to come in the future.

2. Maxed players went up less than one full level (from the end of level 68 to somewhere in the beginning of level 69). They also received loss of inventory from the HOS visitation.

3. Maxed players received the opportunity to secure 4 new pets --- at a tremendous cost of inventory. Inventory that cannot be rebuilt. These 4 pets bring back lots of goodies in the chests --- but mostly airship items (and those are still freely falling from EACH visitation to HOS).

Seems no one has incentive to visit any HOS except in response to a needed character quest. When forced to update, I anticipate many hours of free time to visit the real world because I will not be spending my time doing HOS circuits for a few measly coins or one shard.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 3, 16 12:42 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

The so-called side quests are a necessary part of advancing in level 69.

We have 6 to choose from, and as far as I know, once you complete one, that same character comes back with another one.

But apparently those below 69 are going to have a very tough time getting there with the current drop rate.

Yes, the characters keep coming back with more quests. So far I have 487 blue keys after getting the 4 new pets and going in a few times just to see what else there was (food).

I'm fine with the drop rate as it is at Level 69 but now feel I had it easy getting there.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 12:57 PM
I found I had to weigh "inventory" to diamonds.......I chose diamonds to get three of the pets...the new pets.......instead of collecting the keys.....so for me diamonds were the way to go to save precious inventory doing the blue key quests.... **D**
the key of fate used to open the ghostly chest is 455 diamonds......the keys to craft the key of fate are 250 diamonds I believe.....so I went that route.... .....five openings are needed.....4 for the pets....and 1 for the food bundle....some have done it in four....but the game gave me two pets...then a bundle.....then two pets......my game took 5 openings.to get the 4 pets.....and some have got them on the dice table......charectars ar "blank" circle.....click them to win the pets.......I didn't see them....so had to pay!!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 3, 16 1:06 PM
NoFishToday wrote:All I know is that I did 6 blue key quests. One to activate, then 1 pet, then got food, then 3 more pets. Total 300 keys and a severely depleted inventory. Those quests DO take your inventory, just like the regular quests. Now, there is very little chance of rebuilding it, even if you want a few extra items just to gift friends. And I have four new pets. From one, I received a wooden chest. From the other two I have used, I received a rainfall of airship items, much like what we got under our Christmas Trees, but missing the "good stuff" such as the occasional crafted item, and I've found the coin to be negligible. Oh, and also got a shard and a pet medallion.

If you completed enough quests to get 300 blue keys, you did more than 6 blue key quests. I think what you mean is that you opened the ghostly chest 6 times.

All I was addressing is the issue as to why lower level players don't have access to the blue key side quests, and that is because they are only become optional things (that may or may not keep people entertained while waiting for the next update) once the portal activator has been attained. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of how many regular character quests handed out blue keys (along with the obligatory coins and experience points) and how many blue keys I obtained from "side quests" that just gave blue keys and 20 coins.

The blue key quests sometimes take inventory, sometimes exchange inventory, and sometimes gives inventory.

Examples I have open:

Anabel: Given the Iron Chest a good look (I exchange 2 murderer's eyes for whatever the chest gives me)
Anabel: I really need the Stinger of the South (I give the Stinger of the South to Anabel)

Valeria: The Potion Shop must be explored (Whatever I get from that hidden object scene, I keep. Alas it was just 15 coins)

The worst ones are the ones that ask you for something specific from a zoom zone (Bring me the Ever Awake Eye from the Mail Box). But unless you have all 6 of your blue key quests with quests like that and NEED to get a key, you can just let that kind sit there.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 3, 16 1:09 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:All I know is that I did 6 blue key quests. One to activate, then 1 pet, then got food, then 3 more pets. Total 300 keys and a severely depleted inventory. Those quests DO take your inventory, just like the regular quests. Now, there is very little chance of rebuilding it, even if you want a few extra items just to gift friends. And I have 4 new pets. From one, I received a wooden chest. From the other two I have used, I received a rainfall of airship items, much like what we got under our Christmas Trees, but missing the "good stuff" such as the occasional crafted item, and I've found the coin to be negligible. Oh, and also got a shard and a pet medallion.

First, let me say I have not updated my level 68 iPad game. I also have a PC game that is on level 23, so I know how the change has impacted a lower level player. What I have learned about the side quests, new pets, etc. is from what has been posted in the forum.

That said...what I have read leads me to believe:
1. Lower level players gained nothing and lost inventory. You CAN still progress, but it is painfully slow. Currently, I need to craft Mirror of Clear Sight..needs something from Flag, Winter Idol, and Drunken Skeleton...2 items each ZZ, all from the same 2 HOSs -- 6 hours before I can go forward.

I only open the game to play the required HOSs and then close out and wait for the next round...coin increase will not come. It will be difficult to progress in the game once my current coins decrease from opening all the expensive HOSs and ZZs to come in the future.

2.Maxed players went up less than one full level (from the end of level 68 to somewhere in the beginning of level 69).They also received loss of inventory from the HOS visitation.

3.Maxed players received the opportunity to secure 4 new pets --at a tremendous cost of inventory. Inventory that cannot be rebuilt. These 4 pets bring back lots of goodies in the chests --but mostly airship items (and those are still freely falling from EACH visitation to HOS).

Seems no one has incentive to visit any HOS except in response to a needed character quest. When forced to update, I anticipate many hours of free time to visit the real world because I will not be spending my time doing HOS circuits for a few measly coins or one shard.

Couldn't have said it better myself~except you left out the part that the BQs don't stop, thus giving us the opportunity to deplete even more inventory!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 1:24 PM
NoFishToday.... I assume you mean that the DQ don't stop....

For daily quests --- Lower level players don't have a prayer of completing these because the Find button doesn't work and they need all the inventory they can get for the Character Quests.

For the maxed players (who are no longer getting inventory) -- if they continue with the daily quests, they will lose any left over inventory they had. And, the find button still doesn't work..

Yes, it will help to have the Find button work for the Daily Quests.....but, it would also help to have the Find button in the Laboratory work.....I was trying to do the final level of Craftsmith (Craft 50 items within 30 minutes) --- when I got to something to craft that I didn't have, I SELDOM got the required item when I used the find button to go to the HOS to get that item. So, I had to wait until I had enough items already for 50 things to craft before I could get that achievement.

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 3, 16 1:37 PM
NoFishToday, exactly what I just emailed to Elephant Games this afternoon. I see if they bother to answer. I also told them it was pretty bad letting Bigfishgames take the flack alone.

Annelliegram, on my pc I'm on level 14, don't even have all of the castle.Only 13 hos's to be exact.The last 3 rounds played have been the same.
4 items
3 shards
6 coins
At this rate I might need another update to get to level 15.

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 1:50:17 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 3, 16 1:49 PM
No, Annelliegram, sorry for the confusion. I meant the Blue Key Quests (which some are now referring to as BQ's.) I didn't have enough space to write it all out.

I don't know if the Blue Key Quests EVER stop. They are still there if I want to do more. But, 300 is more than enough for me so I have no intention of finding out!

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 3, 16 1:56 PM
The Blue Key Quests, also known as BQ's are outrageous!!!!. That's all you get for doing a quest and all they are good for is going to the chest at 50 a pop and buying food for the new pets. That's it. Nothing!!!!!!!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 3, 16 1:58 PM
I constantly hear about the lower level players having it tougher than the higher level players because, presumably, higher level players have a hoard of inventory. Well, I don't. I am at level 69, but I have been playing almost from the beginning. At the beginning, I was always several levels behind everyone else which came in handy during the Level 18 lockout.

At some point, I did catch up. But I don't have a glut of inventory. Many of the items that are used over and over again I may have a handful. With this last update, I had to tour the circuit with the Find Button on every quest. The one thing I enjoy is gifting my friends. But without being able to replenish at least what I gift, I don't know how long that will last.

I don't have any of the new pets because I will not use my inventory to get them. Only have a modest amount of diamonds, so they're no use except for calling the airship back or opening a HOS early.

When I go into the game, I get the Daily Bonus, gift, spin the Wheel, sometimes play dice and look at the Daily Quest. I do not have an inventory hoard. Not all of us on level 69 do.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Feb 3, 16 2:08 PM
I thought my suggestions were worth repeating so here they are again....

I have been keeping up with this thread on a daily (& nightly) basis and I have found some very good suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

1) Replace the HOS items back to where when we play an HOS, we are guaranteed to receive an HOS Item.
2) Place the 15 coins and shards in the flower drop. In other words, up the ante from 10 to 15 coins. That way, we still have 15 coins and the ability to acquire shards from picking the morphing flowers.
3)Tie the Gnome Quests/Blue Character Quests into the HOS's so that we can acquire the item needed to complete the quest. In other words... Fix the "Find Button" to work with these quests.

I am hoping that this would satisfy everyone, those that like the extra coins and shards and those of us who would prefer an HOS Item. Thank you.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Feb 3, 16 2:24 PM
apollogold wrote:I thought my suggestions were worth repeating so here they are again....

I have been keeping up with this thread on a daily (& nightly) basis and I have found some very good suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

1) Replace the HOS items back to where when we play an HOS, we are guaranteed to receive an HOS Item.
2) Place the 15 coins and shards in the flower drop. In other words, up the ante from 10 to 15 coins. That way, we still have 15 coins and the ability to acquire shards from picking the morphing flowers.
3)Tie the Gnome Quests/Blue Character Quests into the HOS's so that we can acquire the item needed to complete the quest. In other words... Fix the "Find Button" to work with these quests.

I am hoping that this would satisfy everyone, those that like the extra coins and shards and those of us who would prefer an HOS Item. Thank you.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Feb 3, 16 2:31 PM
apollogold wrote:I thought my suggestions were worth repeating so here they are again....

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 2:32 PM
Ok, I just have to chime in on this... To the players who feel that getting an extra 15 coins to help them advance and stating that they need help to be able to make to level 69 is a falsehood. How do you think those of us that are at level 69 got here? I, sincerely, mean no disrespect by asking this.

At the risk of repeating myself, I have NEVER had a boatload of coin and I NEVER will. At level 44 there was a time I actually had ZERO coins, and yet here I sit at level 69. Those of us at level 69 got here one way only. Playing repeated HOS scenes, selling off inventory that wasn't needed to get additional coins, using diamonds etc. At level 68 I went down to something like 6 coins. Cannot imagine making it to level 69 without being able to sell off or craft items to sell with my inventory items I wasn't using at the time. The most of any inventory item I have is about 15.

The extra 15 coins is not helping you progress, It is slowing your ability to get extra coins. You are losing money most of the time you get them and you are definitely losing money every time you get a shard. I have wracked my brain for a different way to make these facts clear but just can't come with any other way than what has already been said.

I can't at this point even be glad you think this is benefiting you in anyway because the facts clearly show it is not. This is akin to letting the IRS take more out of your check so you can get a bigger refund. This only means that the IRS is making interest on your money instead of you. If you took that same money and invested it week you would be making the interest instead of the government.

Pretty much beating a dead horse, but the HOS drops need to be changed back
Eliana

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 3, 16 2:39 PM
apollogold wrote: That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

Apollo....I think your suggestions would be great...I really dont want to be a downer about this...but the whole point of this update was not to give us "more" of anything...it was to give us less of everything...so I just think this would be pie in the sky...I would love for the devs to prove me wrong...but I believe we would be lucky if we just got back our inventory item so that we could determine whether to turn it into a shard or coins or leave it sit in inventory.

This entire update was to prevent players from becoming flush in anyone or all areas by limiting what we get plain and simple! Players who wanted more coins...even if all HOS items would sell for the same, you would still get less because you cant sell the shards you are now getting...for players who wanted more shards you cant because you cant turn all the coins you are getting into shards...they are giving you what they think will be enough to keep you playing with supplemental diamond purchases when players become impatient waiting for recharging HOS, but I do not think they really thought this thru at all and probably didnt expect so many upset players...I think they underestimated the joy players got out of deciding for themselves what to do with their items!

But if they did your suggestion yes I feel it would make everyone pretty happy!

Go to: