GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,649 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 9, 17 2:35 PM
Sewfancy, Lost Pages is a long one. Good for you! Just don't overdo it. We, and the DQs, are slowly getting there

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,349 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 9, 17 5:09 PM
Castle Date Aug 10

Game 1:
What's Going On? (pass - need to conserve airships)

Game 2:
Strange Papers
Ancient Picture
Inspiration
Special Interest
Strange Papers (again)
Special Interest (again - pass)

Pink Gift Box for a friend count: 834 down, 166 left to go.

Tired today. Was going to finish Special Interest and call it a day. Next one is Strange Papers. Guess I'll wait to take my nap for one more hour .

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 11:32:01 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 9, 17 8:43 PM
Castle Date: Aug 10

Game #1
Lost Pages (pass - don't want to use airship items on a 3-part DQ)

Game #2
Studying Luck
In the Service of the Record Keeper
Something New
Strange Papers
Knowledge Hunter (pass)

Shard countdown - 292

I'm really feeling fatigued. Trina has kept me busy the past 2 days. I actually like doing her quests more than I like doing the DQ's, but trying to get her to want what the gnomes want isn't fun.

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 3:49:56 PM PST

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,349 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 9, 17 9:05 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
I'm really feeling fatigued. Trina has kept me busy the past 2 days. I actually like doing her quests more than I like doing the DQ's, but trying to get her to want what the gnomes want isn't fun.

I guess she's forcing you to gather airship items so you have them when she wants airships?

You've got all the time in the world. So if you have to send a DQ airship without her it's ok. Please don't over work yourself as you well know you can get burned out quickly.

Though I'm not one to talk. I'm working like crazy to get the pink boxes. I'm probably pushing harder than I need to because I'm so close. I've got a momentum going and hate to break it.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 9, 17 9:11 PM
Game #2 just got an airship. Only 210 wheels.

But I don't want to do Record Keeper.

Maybe I should let Trina decide? Right now she has me doing HOS.

I still need shard in that game to reach Magic Miser. I'm sitting here thinking "Which HOS can I play that will give me stuff that I don't want?" Got upset when I got a shard instead of a Harpy Feather and had to remind myself that the game saved me the trouble of converting that Harpy Feather into a shard! Brain is turning to mush.

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,117 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Aug 9, 17 11:49 PM
Back to Helping hand DONE takes a long time when around workhours

Strange papers are next. DONE that was a one hour job

O.g.r.e 13 DONE

I like Trinas quest, when she have me do something.. I do the blue key quests for 20 ZZ, and I like, that they take me all over the place.

I hope we some day will get some new DQ's using the new areas.

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 12:03:58 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 10, 17 6:25 AM
While I would like some new DQ's, I'm afraid of what they might contain. Getting new ones that we don't want to do (Like Three Days) could mean more days when we don't complete any.

BAPPLE
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Aug 10, 17 7:39 AM
Completed 5 DQ'S today
Knowledge Hunter
Initiated an amulet for Robbery of the Century
Helpful Device (used diamonds to throw dice; threw 2 deuces)
Inspiration
Another Potion

The next was Rare Editions. Passed. (more dice and an airship).
Need to replenish airship and zoom zone items.

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on Aug 10, 17 11:42 AM
The DQ I did today

1. Strange paper/rusted chest
2. Collector/rusted chest
3. Strange paper/rusted chest
4. ORGE 13/ rusted chest
5. Helping Hand/ rusted chest

I be collecting inventory and airship next couple of days. Feeding my blue pets.

Good luck.

Sewfancy

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 10, 17 11:54 AM
I wound up doing Record Keeper. I was leaving it up to Trina and she gave me ZZ quest. Since Record Keeper is Zoom Zone City, I figured that was I sign I was meant to play it.

So I played it up to the airship, only needed 2 more ZZ's to finish Trina, and voila! Trina asks for wheels. And more ZZ's.

Airship just returned, and it's a good one, so I'll be doing Something New.

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,649 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 10, 17 1:52 PM
Good day for me. Got Gnome Spy last night so I started it, then used an amulet this morning after opening scenes and reaching part 4. Followed by Legendary Scroll, Rare Editions, Something New (amulet was done) and finishing up the day with Ogre 13.

Probably restocking airship items for days now, but I was glad to see some 10 parters.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,349 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 10, 17 2:25 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Followed by Legendary Scroll, Rare Editions, Something New (amulet was done) and finishing up the day with Ogre 13.

Congratulations on your accomplishment today . That's a workout .

I would always I run an amulet on Gnome Spy. It seems that every time I did it was always followed by Something New and What's Going On (or Rare Editions) with the time remaining. Two DQ's that are good on their own and don't need an amulet to complete them .

I ended up spending loads of diamonds (60 diamonds one time) to reopen the dice table or call back airships when running the amulet on Gnome Spy. I now just spend a few diamonds on Gnome Spy to knock off a little time and it may be the only DQ I get done that day. I'm ok with that. It's a good day to restock on airships and still get a DQ done. I'm now saving my amulets for a rainy day or emergency.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,349 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 10, 17 5:15 PM
Castle Date Aug 11

Game 1:
Inspiration
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

Game 2:
New Knowledge
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

Pink Boxes 837 down, 163 to go.

Didn't do many HOS today as I was a bit tired. Done DQing for today. Record Keeper on both games .

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 10:11:06 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 10, 17 5:20 PM
Castle Date: Aug 11

Game #1
Helping Hand (pass)

Game #2
Inspiration (pass)

Shard countdown - 292

Well, I guess I should be happy I didn't get Another Potion. Whether I do either of these two (Helping Hand and Inspiration) will depend on whether I get an airship too good to pass up.

ETA: well, nothing got done today.

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 3:05:56 PM PST

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,117 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Aug 11, 17 12:08 AM
Helping hand DONE
Helpful device DONE
Birth of Goo DONE have done puzzles to get enough diamonds to do it in time.. will have to open HOS, but zz's should be loaded

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 2:45:57 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 7:34 AM
Nearly made a big mistake. Got a 216 wheel airship and ALMOST packed it before I remembered that Inspiration needs 220 wheels. Looking like I won't complete and DQ's today.

I did get my inventory all straightened out. Have just 275 items on the first tab. Other than the blue keys, Trina keys, crystal ball, wand, lightning flash, and lunar eclipse, all that remains are things that open zoom zones. It's nice not having to scroll through a lot of pages to see everything.

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,649 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 11, 17 7:57 AM
Neither my Castle nor forum would load last night so started an almost finished with Special Interest this morning. Airship inventory is building slowly, and well balanced so I like that.

TiramaSue, did you keep ZZ items for ALL areas? Or just DQ ZZs? or just the Castle area? I was going to shard all other ZZ items (besides the Castle) down to 6 to have on hand for Trina. At least until I have the Magic Miser Achievement.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 8:05 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Neither my Castle nor forum would load last night so started an almost finished with Special Interest this morning. Airship inventory is building slowly, and well balanced so I like that.

TiramaSue, did you keep ZZ items for ALL areas? Or just DQ ZZs? or just the Castle area? I was going to shard all other ZZ items (besides the Castle) down to 6 to have on hand for Trina. At least until I have the Magic Miser Achievement.

I kept for all areas. I felt I needed them for Trina (lately she's obsessed with ZZ's) and for Castle Challenges.

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on Aug 11, 17 9:59 AM
End of the week numbers

1. 3 part. 416
2. 5 part. 372
3. 10part. 235

This is not bragging but been working at it for 2 1/2. Years. Slow study and encouragement for all we will get there.

Good luck everyone

Sewfancy

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,309 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 10:05 AM
sewfancy wrote:End of the week numbers

1. 3 part. 416
2. 5 part. 372
3. 10part. 235

This is not bragging but been working at it for 2 1/2. Years. Slow study and encouragement for all we will get there.

Good luck everyone

Sewfancy

Don't worry. Nobody here will think you are bragging. We all periodically post our totals. It helps us to see that over all we are making progress even though there are days when it feels we've been standing still.

Go to: