virus warning

[Post New]by Ellie77 on May 14, 16 1:32 AM
I get a virus warning when downloading the trial, did anyone else get a warning or maybe a false positive.

I use avast antivirus.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:virus warning

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 14, 16 2:02 AM
I use Avast too but got no warning

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on May 14, 16 2:56 AM
I use Kaspersky but did NOT get a warning.

[Post New]by Ellie77 on May 14, 16 6:25 AM
I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again and did not get the virus warning this time.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on May 14, 16 8:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been getting virus warnings in this game. I want to assure everyone that all of our games are guaranteed to be virus free, and so any of these messages are false positives. False virus messages like these may occur if there's a miscommunication with the antivirus software that causes it to read a safe file as harmful. The following help article has more details on these messages:

Virus Messages

When someone receives a message like this, we highly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with some information about the message. Our Reps are always willing to help, and the Support Team can work with the antivirus company to work through this issue.

When getting in touch with them, we recommend including a screenshot of the message if possible, as well as some details on what's occurring. Specifically:

1. Title of the game that the message is coming up in.
2. Name of the antivirus program being used.
3. Content of the message alert.
4. Big Fish Games file that's being detected as harmful.

Additionally, the following help article has steps for taking a screenshot to send in:

Taking a Screenshot

Since this is a technical issue, I'm going to lock this thread. If anyone encounters any further issues, please feel free to post to the following thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Pirate Chronicles Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: