godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

ONE thing keeps me from buying this cute game!!

[Post New]by godfreygirl on May 14, 16 5:58 AM
You cannot click on the workers ahead of time to schedule tasks and this gets VERY irritating. I keep seeing that "your workers are busy" message and they are SLOW. This keeps me from buying this game. I think it's very cute....it would never be my favorite TM game, but it would be fun to add to my collection.

If the creators correct this, I would buy the next version. AND....why do they always seem to call these games "Collector's Edition"? There is NOTHING collector about it except that we have to PAY more for the game AND can't use a game credit on them.

I don't think this is very fair you your faithful fishes guys!!

mrbecker
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:ONE thing keeps me from buying this cute game!!

[Post New]by mrbecker on May 14, 16 3:31 PM
I wondered about that "Collector's Edition" thing too!

hb98rml
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hb98rml on May 15, 16 5:30 AM
Pretty sure the only extra thing you get by buying the collector edition are the wallpapers.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on May 15, 16 9:34 AM
It has 12 extra levels and a strategy guide. Not sure if that's worth the extra $$, but it is more than wallpapers.

Edited on 05/15/2016 at 9:35:18 AM PST

Feckles
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Feckles on May 15, 16 2:00 PM
I also don't like not being able to click ahead for tasks, but, you do get a rhythm to it after a few levels. I really like these kind of games, and they are few and far between, so, I'll put up with it. One thing that saves it for me is that once you get a treasure, you don't have to search for it again. When you replay the level, you have so much more time to get 3 stars without going for the treasures. It's a nice feature. I hope you give this a try, because it's really fun!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 16, 16 7:59 AM
I agree with Godfreygirl. I love timed management games but prefer the kind that allow you to click ahead for the workers' task assignments. Since this one isn't set up to allow that, I only played a brief portion of the demo before deciding that this game is not for me... not even when the standard version is released.

For those of you who don't mind not being allowed to click ahead, enjoy the game!

Classicaljazz

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on May 16, 16 5:17 PM
I dislike not being able to click ahead either, I can live with it though.

What irks me more is all the workers just -have- to head back to camp before they can do another task vs building something and moving to another since they aren't carrying anything.

level 1-8 is killing me x.x

oh_oma
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by oh_oma on May 17, 16 11:09 AM
Well, I'm sorry but I have to disagree. If every time management game had exactly the same kind of mechanism for directing the workers they would get stale really fast. I appreciate the challenge of having to plan ahead, being ready to click as soon as a worker is free as much as I appreciate the more relaxing method of clicking resources ahead of time. If Time Management games are your thing then appreciate them in ALL their variations. Everyone of them is better than another HOS!

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Okami on May 17, 16 3:46 PM
Feckles -- I like that about the treasures too.

I used two credits for this game because I just love TM games and there aren't enough of them!

cielle1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

ONE thing keeps me from buying this cute game!!

[Post New]by cielle1 on May 18, 16 12:12 PM
godfreygirl wrote:You cannot click on the workers ahead of time to schedule tasks and this gets VERY irritating. I keep seeing that "your workers are busy" message and they are SLOW. This keeps me from buying this game. I think it's very cute....it would never be my favorite TM game, but it would be fun to add to my collection.

I fully agree this is very annoying for a TM game that should be fast!!

Although afterall its true that the game is fun and that lately TM are so few so that we must survive with these coming.

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 1:23:48 PM PST

cielle1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by cielle1 on May 18, 16 1:23 PM
oh_oma wrote:.Everyone of them is better than another HOS!

Well said!

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 1:26:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on May 18, 16 3:43 PM
cielle1 wrote:
oh_oma wrote:.Everyone of them is better than another HOS!

Well said!

Couldn't agree more!!

[Post New]by khrycyk on May 22, 16 3:36 AM
I played this on the beta version and commented to them then that it would be better if you could click ahead, they obviously ignored me.....

Go to: