bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

New build available for The White House - Jan. 14, 2010

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 14, 10 10:29 AM
Hi folks!

I see a lot of you have already gotten the latest version of The White House, but here's a little information on this update for those just joining us.

The new build resolves issues with the game displaying beyond the bounds of the screen.

You should see an update notification for this game within your Game Manager.

If you don't see the update alert within your Game Manager, just uninstall the current build then reinstall. You can find instructions on how to uninstall your game by clicking here.

If you're still experiencing other technical difficulties with this game not related to this particular display issue, you may want to ensure that you have the latest updates needed to run this game properly. You can read more about how to do this by clicking here. If you are still having trouble after running the updates recommended there, please click on the "contact us" link on the left side of that article to get in touch with Customer Support.

Happy gaming!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 10:34:50 AM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:New build available for The White House - Jan. 14, 2010

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 14, 10 6:58 PM
I downloaded the new build, and my display issue was fixed! The game didn't lock up on me either, and I played through the whole demo. Thanks BF, and Spark Plug Games!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 14, 10 8:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have any issues because after reading all the tech trouble posts decided to not even DL the demo til fixed. So I wouldn't have known about the rebuild without demo on GMgr yet. Didn't expect it to be available this soon so yippee, will demo tonight. Looked like a game I'll like very much and otherwise been a dull week for me.Need more games on my card, just 4 so far.

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 8:15:14 PM PST

eerf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by eerf on Jan 15, 10 4:50 PM
When do I get the game manager? I really like this game but can not play it.

[email address removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 1:45:34 PM PST

[Post New]by player63 on Jan 15, 10 5:27 PM
I played the demo after the rebuild, and I like the game, but it froze up on me twice during the one hour demo. I hope that can be resolved.

[Post New]by xot1933 on Jan 15, 10 5:39 PM
Before the update, I played up to the Lincoln Bedroom
After, I can't get past the first screen
The text box is up telling me to open the inventory
I can't open the inventory, can't open menu to get out
I restarted my computer to get out.
It is, however, a great game.

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Jan 17, 10 4:37 AM
Played through to the end. Quite a clever little game. Voices were very good and screenplay is excellent. Music was very nice, not intrusive when needing to concentrate. More like this please?

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jan 17, 10 1:56 PM
Downloaded today (1/17) and can't get more than 10 minutes into it before it freezes up.

[Post New]by fmzajac on Jan 20, 10 8:22 AM
I did the update for this game and still can't get past the South Lawn. Help!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jan 21, 10 11:08 AM
Glad I'm not the only one having tech issues. I've been trying to play the demo and so far the Windows task manager has been my best friend.

1) Program completely freezes: kill program 3 times
2) Switched windows to read an email: screen slides 1/4th of the way off the right of the monitor - and then freezes. kill program 4 times. (That might not have been an issue if I could have found a 'pause' button.)

This looks like it might be a good game.

[Post New]by nccoonmom3 on Jan 22, 10 9:39 PM
I too can't get past the South Lawn,its just stuck there!Don't know what to do next.I really like this game very much.Wish they would get it fixed.I uninstalled it and used the fix,but still having problem's! I too have bought so very many of the games here.....

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jan 27, 10 7:43 PM
Game froze up twice but I finally made it to the end. Cute game!

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Feb 11, 10 4:57 AM
Where isw there a walkthru for White House ??

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Feb 12, 10 8:41 AM
How do I get the new version?....Mine wont work either....

kakki23
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kakki23 on Mar 20, 10 7:39 PM
I just played the demo & had no problems. I love it. Don't know if it is a long game or replayable value will wait & see. might buy with my credit.

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Mar 18, 12 8:57 AM
Thought I'd try this "recommended" game, but now see in the forum that it was doomed from the start. What might have been a nice, relaxing HOG quickly became an exercise in frustration with the technical glitches. (And this after updating my Direct X prior to downloading the game.) Too bad. I like the idea of a White House HOG. Funny there haven't been others out there yet.

By the way, the game froze at least twice while I was still at the professor's house (the beginning.) So not worth restarting every couple of minutes!

Edited on 03/18/2012 at 8:59:55 AM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 18, 12 10:53 AM
Hi Everyone!

If this game is giving you trouble with freezing or other issues it might be worth trying the steps at this help article here as I've found they've helped other players in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

However if you're still having trouble after that don't hesitate to get in touch with Tech Support (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that) and one of our reps would be happy to help you out with your purchase.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: