Mirrors & Aces

[Post New]by islandartist on May 17, 16 2:27 PM
I am too slow to master these and move ahead. Any hints to help an old arthritic!

Re:Mirrors & Aces

[Post New]by RuthnMike on May 23, 16 9:32 AM
I was hoping that someone was going to point out something I am missing to slow down the mirrors and cards. You know, I played Mortimer a long time ago and was excited when I saw a chance to play him again. It was fun before. Now I feel like I have wasted my money. Shame on you Big Fish.

[Post New]by oakwomanao on May 24, 16 10:09 PM
I haven't played the Mirrors game yet because I can't find the cloth to clean the mirrors! However, this is how I beat the Aces game for finding the 2 Aces: since I couldn't put my cursor on them when they turned, as soon as I saw the first Ace I put one finger on it on my monitor and kept watching and then put another finger on my monitor when I saw the second Ace and kept them there until they finished turning over all the cards. Once they quit turning over all the cards, I then moved my cursor to the ones I had my fingers on top of ... was the only way I didn't get confused as to where the Aces were. There were so many cards, and it went so fast! Hope this helps someone. Now... if I can just find that cloth to clean the mirrors. lol

[Post New]by karmaqueen58 on May 25, 16 4:26 AM
I totally agree with RutnMike.
Waste of money - a real killjoy. I find it strange that the game developers would think that the cards and mirrors at a frentic pace with no option to give up and move on to the next level would be enjoyable to anyone but themselves. Usually they create good games - but this is outrageous. I'd like to have my money back.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on May 25, 16 6:28 AM
I feel exactly the same, like I wasted my money, because I cannot get past these two puzzles, so I can't continue to play the game.

[Post New]by ponycar on May 26, 16 8:50 AM
Ditto with me, in my opinion both these mini games are technically flawed. I searched and found others actually complained that the "House of flying card" game was too slow. I found that 50 cards fly by in about 4 seconds, that makes it impossible to complete, and the "House of mirrors" mini game gives me about 6 seconds to find 10 mismatched items, again, impossible to complete. I've done all the updates like, updating my graphics card, all my drivers are updated, I also updated Adobe Flashplayer and Shockwave player. I am so frustrated, I only bought this game because it was a daily deal, but feel like it has been a waste of money and my time. Anyone have a solution out there? Or has everyone given up like I am about to do?

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on May 27, 16 3:56 PM
So over Big Fish games. This one is of no use. Programmers revenge for low pay?
Just another in a (what seems like) a long line of "less through one together and get the money". Curser wobbles so much you can not hit all the points in the mirror room.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on May 29, 16 1:13 PM
The Mortimer Beckett games are several years old. I think it is possible that these puzzles were not intended to go by so quickly, but they do so on faster computers. I have run into this kind of problem with older games before.

If you do a search, you should be able to find a simple program that you can use to reduce the speed of your computer temporarily so you can run older games successfully. I used it for the problem spots in this game, and it worked well.

Edited on 05/29/2016 at 2:05:24 PM PST

abbcindy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by abbcindy on May 31, 16 10:15 AM
As for the Aces game, if you try enough times, the game actually slows down on it's own and you can find the two aces. I'm having trouble with the mirrors game. Even though I try until the music slows down, I still can't click on all 10 differences in the time limit. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

[Post New]by lwalbeck on Jun 12, 16 4:15 PM
I finally beat the "House of Aces". But I am stuck on "House of Mirrors". Does anyone know how to skip a puzzle in this game?

ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Jul 6, 16 3:02 PM
i found the cloth for the mirrors in the tree on the left of the elevator

[Post New]by beckyoh on Sep 20, 16 5:24 PM
I too am stuck on the Aces. I made it through the mirrors by playing it over and over again. Pretty soon I had the differences memorized as there are only three or four patterns. Keep trying everyone, and I am going to do the same with the aces.

[Post New]by Kolosky on Nov 13, 16 10:49 AM
the aces, I video recorded on my cell phone, and by constantly pausing and replaying the video, I eventually got them.
mirrors, I am also stuck and frustrated..

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 23, 17 4:28 PM
Wow... I am NOT happy. Played all the Mortimer games long ago. Thought it was time to play them again. I played 2 other ones already and finished - now am playing This one - used one of my Free game coupons. I, too, cannot click on all 10 mistakes in the mirror fast enough - So, cannot complete that game and move on. And the cards... REALLY? they flip so fast I'm luck if I find on Ace. Cannot complete that game and move on - I just wasted a free game coupon.
Any ideas on how to complete these games would be appreciated.
Thanks

[Post New]by aztecscot on Jan 26, 17 7:34 PM
I found the rag for the mirrors by accident in the tree by the elevator.

Go to: