Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Facility 47 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 18, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 5:47:08 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Facility 47 here.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on May 18, 16 2:02 AM
I am loving this game. Played full hour and was sorry time was over It will be a buy. Also great hints if you have to use. Although you do find things to use I saw no hidden object scenes in demo hour and do not think there are in this type of game.

[Post New]by issthereauser on May 18, 16 4:39 AM
I hated this game. Just played a bit of the free download but no map, no HOPs, no custom cursor so it was just click and hope for the best. A no buy for me.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on May 18, 16 5:40 AM
Yes, no HOS or so but I too think in this type of game there are other features! It is an adventure (light) with a good hint.

Will go on with the demo (played only 10 min due to other duties of the day) and if it is going on like it has - a buy! Something different, refreshing.....

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 18, 16 5:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Facility 47 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Facility 47.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on May 18, 16 6:40 AM
I just bought it. I am really enjoying it.

Doreen

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on May 18, 16 10:44 AM
Do note this is listed as a Puzzle Game where you use your brain and figure things out. It doesn't have HOP's which I do enjoy but not that kind of game. There is a good hint system with good written details if you need help. Nice change.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 18, 16 11:23 AM
I am enjoying this game. It's not the kind of game for those who won't enjoy wandering around, sometimes aimlessly at times. But you will eventually find an item or clue that makes you go, oh yes. It does require a certain amount of patience and sometimes determination to continue looking until you find a way. AS a comparison, other kinds of games like this are Green Moon, Rhiannon:Curse of the Four Branches and The Fall Trilogy. If you enjoyed those games, you will like this one. If you hated them, you most likely will not enjoy this one.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on May 18, 16 12:00 PM
A game with no Map, no Journal, no moving hand or sparkles to notify you that something needs picked up, and not one HO in sight. Nothing but pure adventure and puzzles. Yes!

There is a very decent Hint system for those who really get stuck on what to do next but I plan on stumbling around trying to figure it all out on my own. From the demo time I was able to get outside and even do quite a bit out there before grabbing a suitcase out of the water when my time ran out.

If you like adventure/puzzle games with very little hand holding, this one may be for you. I can see real value in this game as an avid Adventure/Puzzle player and can't wait to get back to it. Definite buy for me but it is not for the timid or casual HOPA player that wants all the bells and whistles.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on May 18, 16 12:01 PM
I played this game 20 minutes and knew I had to have it. Finally! A game where you have to use your brain! Love it! One aspect I really enjoy is the presence of a hint if you really need it, and the controls are so simple. Appreciate this game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 18, 16 12:03 PM
I'm loving this game!

But, I really enjoy Adventure games. No adventure or what we used to call large file games...to my knowledge have built in walkthroughs. I think the colors and graphic are very beautiful! For an adventure/large file game....this is on the simpler side...for advanced player's...but I don't mind. They do offer a hint button that tells you what to do. So, this will help.

I highly recommend this game. It's a one of the best SE'S I've seen in a long time. IMO It's worth the time to at least check out the demo.

Enjoy...I know I'm going to!
Lisa

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on May 18, 16 12:48 PM
Oh YAY!!! A true puzzle game. I've always loved point-and-click adventures and I'm having a grand time wandering this frigid wasteland looking for clues and actually using my brain to figure things out.

Fortunately, the clues aren't that difficult, so with just a little effort I'm able to figure things out and feel a pretty good sense of accomplishment.

Thank you SO MUCH for offering this BFG!

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on May 18, 16 7:16 PM
I just completed the game, and it was great. Exceedingly smart storyline, great puzzles that are challenging and logical, but with an easy hint system that works perfectly if you are totally stumped.

My only complaint is length, including the 60 minute trial, it only took me 2.5 hours to complete at a very leisurely pace (including a few phone calls and other interruptions).

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on May 18, 16 7:41 PM
I really enjoyed the game, but the hints are too easy.

Some things I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do, and just wanted a little "hint," not the answer (cause I'm lazy and want to make sure I don't have to go back and forth all the time, especially when I come back to the game and forget where places are).

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 18, 16 10:15 PM
This was a great adventure game.

This was a great adventure game. Thank You developers for this game. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Makes you think which I loved. You weren't distracted with having to get morphs or collect somethings along the way. Just a straight game with no distractions.

Thank you developers for a great thinking game., Enjoyed every minute of it.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on May 19, 16 2:35 AM
No adventure or what we used to call large file games...to my knowledge have built in walkthroughs

There are several full video walkthroughs of this game on Youtube. I love the video walkthroughs because unlike a picture walkthrough that's hard to see the solution you can follow along and see exactly how they finished the game.

Youtube dot com is also a free site. Just type in the name of the game and walkthrough in the search bar.

Hope is helps.

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 2:36:43 AM PST

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on May 20, 16 6:52 AM
What a thoroughly enjoyable game this was. When I first looked at it, I started not to even try it. It may be called a "puzzle" game but I thought of it as more of an adventure game. I need to look at other "puzzle" games and see what I may have missed.

I was glad not to be dealing with vampires, witches, demons, etc. I have played enough of those for a while. So any kind of science fiction or adventure was a welcome change. The graphics were very well done as were the voice overs. I thought the mini games were presented in a different style and found some pretty challenging but with the help of a great hint system and tips from helpful fishes in this forum, I was able to complete the game. As "MURPHY" already said we didn't need morphing objects or anything to collect in this game.

Please give us more like this one as I think others enjoyed it also. The developers did a really good job and I hope they come up with other games as good as this in the future.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on May 22, 16 11:51 AM
Finished the game some minutes ago. A really good one! Glad, to have bought it. Are there any other games by this developer?

We rarely have such quality SEs.

[Post New]by GamesterGrace on May 22, 16 10:20 PM
So it seems like everyone either LOVES or HATES .. not a lot of in-between.

Count me on the LOVE side. I can see why some people have a problem with it -- it's very unusual these days to have a game that doesn't follow the typical program of giving lots of bright, glittery helps and so on.

But I really appreciate what these designers are going for. This has a much better story to it, and it feels more natural than having weird HO scenes popping up and slider puzzles and the answer always turns out to be that ancient demons have been freed blah blah blah.

There were some of those games that had tons of atmosphere to them, and could be very haunting (the original Ravenhearst series comes to mind), but they've started to get into a rut. This one is something different, and apparently not for everyone. But anyway, I loved it -- hope there'll be more!

[Post New]by GamesterGrace on May 22, 16 10:21 PM
Charkez64 wrote: I was glad not to be dealing with vampires, witches, demons, etc. I have played enough of those for a while. So any kind of science fiction or adventure was a welcome change.

That's the way I felt exactly. Used to love those games, but they've been getting a little ... well, idiotic.

Go to: