Is it worth $20.00 ?????

Is it worth $20.00 ?????

[Post New]by tazz9797zz on Jan 15, 10 6:13 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes

One of the best games I have ever played!!!!!!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Is it worth $20.00 ?????

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 15, 10 7:14 AM
Well, if you need the walkthrough then maybe, if you are keen on not waiting three more weeks, then yes. If you are in it for the extras, definitely not. They are:

- Play hidden object scenes again
- Play puzzles again
- watch cutscenes again
- listen to the music

So, in general there is nothing new there, just a repeat of what you've seen already.

[Post New]by LuluSobey on Jan 15, 10 7:43 AM
YES!!! I love love love the game and love the extras it was so nice to copy the music to my ipod and not just listen in the game, YAY.

We are getting more stuff because the page says we are getting the exclusive hidden object scenes including additional adventure ones! I just read it again and it still says that so i think its worth it.

my complain is that i bought it TWICE now because i didn't know there would be out for MAC which is perfect because i want to play games on my macbook. i am new to games and the first time i bought it at zeebo and then i discovered this place!

Now im playing devil triangle on the Mac hehe lol!

Love,
Lulu

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jan 16, 10 12:20 AM
I definitely think so!

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jan 16, 10 7:59 AM
Laflamme wrote:Well, if you need the walkthrough then maybe, if you are keen on not waiting three more weeks, then yes. If you are in it for the extras, definitely not. They are:

- Play puzzles again
- watch cutscenes again
- listen to the music

So, in general there is nothing new there, just a repeat of what you've seen already.

There you go, people. If the extras are to just replay, then definitely WAIT for the regular 6.99 version. This is a big scam. Personally, I'd rather save my $ for 2 other games.

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Jan 16, 10 11:04 AM
I think I will wait. Not interested in the extras. I do regret buying DG CE but I got caught up in the hype. Oh well live and learn. It was my choice to buy it nobody twisted my arm.

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Jan 16, 10 11:26 AM
Donate that extra money to the (combine these words):

[link removed by moderator]

instead!!!!!!

100% of the donations go to help Haiti, not like the Red Cross where a huge portion is used for administrative fees.

Jill

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 2:53:37 PM PST

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Jan 16, 10 11:31 AM
selkatz wrote:Donate that extra money to the (combine these words):

[link removed moderator]

instead!!!!!!

100% of the donations go to help Haiti, not like the Red Cross where a huge portion is used for administrative fees.

Jill

Amen to that.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 2:54:35 PM PST

WantHints
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by WantHints on Jan 16, 10 5:47 PM
I guess I would respond that, "Yes, it is worth $20.00," but only if I do, in fact, receive the three game card punches for this purchase rather than the usual one for the $6.99 and under games. Otherwise, I would have to opine in the negative. This is not really "buyer's remorse" as I am enjoying the game, but in the future I will be more careful about purchasing "collector's edition" versions. Otherwise, I love Big Fish games and the superlative customer support the company provides.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 16, 10 10:28 PM
Laflamme wrote:Well, if you need the walkthrough then maybe, if you are keen on not waiting three more weeks, then yes. If you are in it for the extras, definitely not. They are:

- Play puzzles again
- watch cutscenes again
- listen to the music

Have to, sad to say, agree. I played the entire game not needing the strategy guide, and when the "extras" turned out just to be repeats of what I had just spent endless hours playing, I was disappointed. The game itself though, is pretty darn awesome. Beautiful artwork and clever puzzles. Well done.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 18, 10 12:09 PM
I was really enjoying it until the chase at the end. Quite frankly I think that's about the lamest thing I've ever seen not to mention frustrating. The walkthrough doesn't work for me. I've gone over it step by step and frame by frame and copied it down and it doesn't work. You can't skip it and if you want to start over the only thing you can do is exit completely and come back in -- lame, lame, lame. And the extras are what? You get to play all the puzzles and stuff again? Not for $19.00. This time I wish I'd waited.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 12:17:50 PM PST

molinka
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by molinka on Jan 18, 10 1:58 PM
YES!!!!! it's fun!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 18, 10 3:00 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to let you all know that I had to do some editing in a couple posts. While some links can be posted with the best intentions, we just can't allow it on the forums. We've got to stay in accordance with our Big Fish Games Forums FAQ and General Rules. I would encourage you all to PM each other to share links especially if it's for such a worthy cause, but just as a friendly word of caution, please only follow links from users you trust.

Take care!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by SHILOH59 on Jan 18, 10 5:07 PM
I really liked the game, but, I dont think it was worth this much money. It didnt take me very long to complete the whole game and it really didnt finish very well. Ive found this for several Ive purchased lately. Especially the ones that have the dreadful......to be continued at the end....GRRRRR

[Post New]by mswomble08 on Jan 18, 10 5:11 PM
The game is interesting, but not worth $20.. I finished it in one day - not good

slester
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by slester on Jan 18, 10 7:24 PM
This game is awesome, I really enjoyed it. But is it worth the $20? Nope. I wish I would have waited on the $6.99 version. But I love BF and will continue to purchase my games here.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jan 20, 10 4:03 PM
It took me about four hours to finish it, but to me it was worth getting the Collector's Edition--not because of any benefit to me as a player, but to support a games studio that is working hard to put out high quality games. (I loved their Sleepy Hollow game too!) I can't afford to buy many games at $19.99, but so many of the $6.99 games now are incredibly low-quality that I decided I would support this game that I really love even if it means buying fewer games overall...

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Jan 21, 10 9:05 AM
Not for me. I'll buy the regular version in a couple weeks

In the 1 hour trial, I got nearly through two out of 6 chapters. And that included getting out and restarting once, and several trips to the options menu to turn down the music and turn off that annoying police sergeant making useless comments. That tells me it's not going to take more than 4 hours total.

On my 7-month old Dell with LCD widescreen running Vista HP 64-bit, the cursor flickers in and out. Visible only when moving. That makes it playable, but not easily, as I can miss when the cursor changes to a magnifying glass or other action indicator. I've already downloaded all the current video drivers, so I doubt it can be fixed. Since so many other games work just fine, I have to think it's the game, not my machine.

The scenes are dark, the lighting flickers, and some objects are a bit tough. I can live with all that, but it makes it a less pleasant experience, so I'm not paying "extra" for that.

So far, every new inventory item that I "discover" in a hidden object scene was NOT one that was actually on the list to find. Boo. Other games include those specials in the search items, so I'm not impressed that this one doesn't.

Every time I clicked on the lantern for help finding a hidden object, I got the explanation of how to use the help. Every time. I don't remember that there was any place in the options to tell it what level of help to provide, so I don't know that it can be turned off.

At least one mini game, the bleeding rose, had multiple solutions and was way too easy.

The graphics are lovely, the hidden objects tend to be related to what one actually might find in such an area (which I prefer to miscellaneous junk), the items are well placed, and the story is OK, but the little annoyances add up.

[Post New]by MissJuniMoon on Jan 23, 10 9:05 AM
Thank you all so much for your feedback and opinions. I purchased the other "Collector's Edition" games and was very disappointed. Not in the game, but the bonus'. They were not worth the extra money. I will wait for the regular game to come out.

SimplyLucy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by SimplyLucy on Jan 23, 10 2:49 PM
I think it's so worth the money. The graphics & soundtrack alone are worth the price! Once you purchase the game, you'll have it for life. Nowadays, $20.00 & up really isn't that much to spend on a game..(& I know I've spent more then $20.00 on a Girl's Night Out, lol!) Hope that helps!

Go to: