MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Rainbow Chart

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 18, 16 2:00 PM
what do you do with the rainbow chart to get it to turn pink into a Y? Really stuck in this area. This is where the computer will print out a punch card.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

Re:Rainbow Chart

[Post New]by housebound on May 18, 16 4:48 PM
I'm also stuck at the rainbow chart, have no idea what to do.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 18, 16 4:48 PM
The rainbow chart is where you plot the number of pink and orange cells to determine the color of each sample. Have you used the dropper in each of your test tubes to turn them pink (next to the microscope)? After each of them are pink, you then click on them (looking into the microscope) and count the number of orange and pink cells, and then mark the number on the chalkboard.
I know I'm not explaining this well, but by plotting the number of X and Y cells (can't remember which is pink or orange) it will fall on a color on the chart. Whatever that color is, you then show that color on the chalkboard. The order of the colors will then be entered into the punch card machine.
I'm not sure if the X marking the spot is confusing you, because it is not to be confused with the other X for the cell color.
I hope this helps! (not an easy one to explain!)

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on May 18, 16 5:17 PM
Ok I have counted the pink & orange in each test tube, but what I don't get is how do I mark them on the rainbow chart.? Like test tube A has 4 orange & 2 pink. test tube B has 6 orange & 4 pink , where do I mark the chart. ?

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 18, 16 5:54 PM
thanks skpjazz. I'm off on something else right now, but will eventually come back to that puzzle.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 18, 16 5:59 PM
To housebound:
On the rainbow chart, the bottom (horizontal) represents the orange (1-6 squares), and the vertical represents the pink 1 - 6 squares. If I have the colors backwards, you can check the chart code to see what X and Y represent. But, assuming I've got the colors right---for the test tube A, go over 4 squares on the bottom (horizontal) and then go UP from there on the vertical 2 squares. Click on that square which will X the spot, and it falls on a color. I DO remember that it should be yellow, so if I have the colors backwards for the X and Y, just switch around what I just said.

Since I don't know which part of this is confusing you, let me know if you're still having problems, and I'll try to explain better!

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 6:03:35 PM PST

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on May 18, 16 6:27 PM
Thanks skpjazz, With the help of my hubby I got it figured out. Was just about to post how we did it then saw your post. So Thanks again for your reply.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 18, 16 8:24 PM
I couldn't be more mixed up in this puzzle! Are you supposed to fill in the blackboard information from the test tubes. Really don't get how you mark the chart. I do get that you will eventually get the colors to fill in, but the chart really confuses me. Help?!

Nevermind! I finally got it. Now off to find the rooftop room computer!

Edited on 05/18/2016 at 8:52:02 PM PST

[Post New]by wolves789 on May 19, 16 4:19 AM
help where to start

ihave looked at test tubes and

2 pink 4 orange

4 pink 6 orange

6 pink 5 orange

3 pink 2 orange

1 pink 1 orange

where to start

i know it says A 6 4 2 yellow on top
please help been over 24 hours now and i am stuck
thanks

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 4:48:17 AM PST

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on May 19, 16 6:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

Try and think of the chart as if it was a graph that has two variables and you are trying to see where they intersect using y=pink and x=orange. You do it all the time in mini-games and nonograms if you do those types of games.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 19, 16 4:19 PM
OK,

GET HOW TO COUNT
GET THE X-Y COORDINATE X MARKS THE SPOT ON THE GRID
GET THAT USING THE X MARKS THE SPOT NOTE THE COLOR
GO TO BLACKBOARD AKA GREEN BOARD

CLICK ON EACH COLUMN IN ROWS A THRU B AND ENTER THE X AND Y COORDINATE VALUES

CHECK ON THE COLOR WHERE X MARKS THE SPOT ON THE COLOR CHART

RETURN TO BLACK BOARD AKA GREEN BOARD AND FOR EACH A - B CLICK IN IN EACH ROW/COLUMN AND SELECT THE X MARKS THE COLOR VALUE

ON THE BLACK BOARD AKA GREEN BOARD, ADD THE NUMBER OF CELLS FOR EACH ROW A-E. E.G. A= 4 + 2 = 6, FILL IN THE TOTAL FOR EACH A - E SAMPLES UNDER THE COLUMN LABELED CELLS

GO TO THE MACHINE THAT PUNCHES ON A PUNCH CARD AND SELECT BUTTONS ACCORDING TO THE COLOR VALUES ENTERED UNDER THE COLOUR COLUMN ON BLACKBOARD, AKA GREEN, E.G. Y,B,P,Y,R

SELECT RUN.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 31, 16 10:28 AM
nothing to find on line but I did came across a video you got to be fast to get the chart and the green board. on rainbow chart mark 1x1, 1x4,2x3, 3x6,5x6. green board yellow, bleu,purple,yellow, green.
hope this helps, it was frustrating in not knowing how to do , still dont, I cheated, would have skipped it there was a button.

number on green board 641, 1064,1156.523.211.

Edited on 05/31/2016 at 10:30:27 AM PST

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jun 1, 16 11:35 AM
finished the game 3 times, fast when you know all the moves, never did figured out the rainbow graph, funny thing they did spell receive wrong LOL

Go to: