Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 19, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 6:20:11 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on May 19, 16 1:36 AM
There was one point in the game where it froze, and I had to Ctrl Alt Del to get out. I restarted the game and it continued fine. But there were several instances of my mouse control just freezing for several seconds and I wouldn't be able to move the cursor. Then it would start working again. I'm intrigued by the game, and might buy it. The tech issues I ran into were small, but hopefully they won't continue in the full version. And even if they did, hopefully the devs would fix it.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Debbie387 on May 19, 16 1:40 AM
I used the memory device to search for the memory bubbles, the second one I clicked on I got an access violation error and program terminated. Am on Windows Vista with no problems running any other game.

[Post New]by issthereauser on May 19, 16 4:23 AM
The game freezes when I click on the cat at Leo's house. I too had to Alt Ctl Del to get out of it. I really like this game but am hesitant to buy it if it is going to be this buggy.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 19, 16 6:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 6:22:33 AM PST

[Post New]by grammagolf7 on May 19, 16 7:46 AM
Can't open in Windows 10.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on May 19, 16 7:51 AM
Debbie 387, the same thing happened to me twice, in the demo and when I had bought the game, on Windows 10. The only way to continue the game, it seems, is to skip it!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 16 8:07 AM
Hi grammagolf7 and Scottie12,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with this particular game on Windows 10. It is highly recommended to look at the following help article for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue:

Windows 10

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 11:47:01 AM PST

wildone667
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wildone667 on May 19, 16 9:40 AM
This is the second game that won't close. I back out of the game like always, game manager pops up, but the game won't uninstall "error code 346" game still running. Last time I had to completely shut down my computer to shut off the game. running windows 10 and don't have a problem with other games, just the new ones.

double47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by double47 on May 19, 16 9:57 AM
Game freezes up when searching for memory balls. Happened 4 times and I give up, not worth the effort to continue.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 16 11:52 AM
Hi wildone667 and double47,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with this game. We thank you for taking the time to post what you are experiencing as we definitely want to help get things up and running as it should.

wildone667
, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far. Since you have restarted your PC, please try running the game as an administrator. I'll include a help article with steps below:

Run Game as Administrator

double47, if you haven't already, please try the steps in the following help article as they have been known to help resolve the freezing issue:

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 11:52:33 AM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on May 19, 16 12:28 PM
issthereauser wrote:The game freezes when I click on the cat at Leo's house. I too had to Alt Ctl Del to get out of it. I really like this game but am hesitant to buy it if it is going to be this buggy.

I am having the exact same problem which is very disappointing because up until now, I was really enjoying the game.
I emailed tech support with a Dr. Felix attached. Hopefully the glitch is on their end and can be fixed.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on May 19, 16 2:31 PM
Scottie12 wrote:Debbie 387, the same thing happened to me twice, in the demo and when I had bought the game, on Windows 10. The only way to continue the game, it seems, is to skip it!

Hi Scottie
I was still in the demo as well, I really wanted to buy it, as I love this series but I'm not while there's problems so early in the game. I've put it on my list of unplayables let's hope there's an update.

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on May 19, 16 5:16 PM
The trial expired right after I downloaded and installed the game. I haven't played it yet!!!

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on May 19, 16 6:45 PM
I am sooo disappointed I can't play this game. I have played all the others in the series . Why do game developers do that makes this happen? My computer is new I have all the bells and things needed ?? I get Access violation what ever that is???? I tried all the the suggestions at Big Fish nothing works and it never does . This is only the 3rd time I have had this problem since I started with Big Fish but still not fun .

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on May 19, 16 9:05 PM
I uninstalled/reinstalled and it shows my full trial available again.

[Post New]by Gemstar64 on May 19, 16 10:39 PM
In the game where there is a circle (and an action is required within the circle) ie. entering the code in the beginning of the game in the police station , my circle is black. Only seems to occur in the Grim Facade Series of games. Usually I can play "blind" and do the action ie. open a door handle. But in this game I am unable to "blindly" enter the code as I don't know where the numbers have started from and can't guess. I am on a PC Windows 7. Not sure what I am missing computer-wise. Has anyone else had this problem and know what I need to do? Thanks!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 20, 16 3:05 AM
I can't play this game either - I am running Windows 10.

I only managed to get to the 2nd scene with the horse and carriage, I was clicking around and the screen went black but I could hear the background noises, i.e. the horse neighing.

I had to exit using Ctrl-Alt-Delete and installed the game 5 times over but the same thing happened again and again. I also tried some of the suggestions the Mods posted but it remained the same when I reached the 2nd scene.

[Post New]by issthereauser on May 20, 16 9:50 AM
I have tried all of the tech suggestions nothing changed. My question is if I buy the full version are these issues still going to happen and if so, can I get a refund?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on May 20, 16 12:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to provide some help for the technical issues being reported here. Our teams definitely want people to be able to play their games without encountering tech problems, and I'm going to pass along the posts here so that the appropriate team is aware of this.

In the meantime, our help articles can often be useful when glitches are occurring in a game. For the issues being described here, I recommend trying the steps in the following:

Additionally, I've included a couple help articles below with some information specific to access violations and Windows 10 issues, respectively:

Access Violation
Windows 10

If anyone continues to experience a problem, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to gather data on issues that they can report to the right team, and they're always happy to help. Additionally, they can provide replacements, and even refunds if needed.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: